All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Album
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:35 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007

You know how to please the girls sir!

Love both 'Crows' and 'Boys of Summer' SOOOOOOOOO much. Can't express myself any better than a ridiculous amount of O's here after the most mindnumbing day I've had, but hope the message comes across nonetheless :lol:

:D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:53 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Can I buy them on iTunes? (even living in Germany?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

I took the Amazon '2-day' free shipping option so the US Deluxe CD won't arrive til Thursday.

Must wait, must wait, must wait. Amazon is offering a 'free' auto-rip option where the CD mp3 version is available on their 'cloud player' today. This auto-zip service is only available if you have a US address. I didn't like the Cloud Player terms and 'metadata' modifications they say they put in the files so I'll pass on that and rip it myself in a few.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:36 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Crows and Never Be the Same Again will be on repeat for some time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:41 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

Kim wrote:
:smt007 :smt007 :smt007

You know how to please the girls sir!

My pleasure Miss Kim! ;-)

Quote:
Love both 'Crows' and 'Boys of Summer' SOOOOOOOOO much. Can't express myself any better than a ridiculous amount of O's here after the most mindnumbing day I've had, but hope the message comes across nonetheless :lol:

:D

It does, it does. I just knew you needed to hear these right away, as we've talked before about the similar journeys we were having, you with your gramps and me with my stepmom, when these songs started finding their way out. The fleshed-out-in-the-studio Crows is everything I might have wished it to be. And Boys of Summer, just...wow. I was at Uni when the original came out, and...it's more than just a song, and KT's reworking of it is more than just a cover. First couple of listens to the studio version and I was oddly disappointed that the specific moments of nuance and emotion from the London Live version weren't there quite exactly, but then I started getting pulled in by its own moments, and the beauty of KT's arrangement--my God, especially those harmonies!--and now it's on repeat in my car. Just stunning. There's a kind of alchemy in KT's ability to do great covers.

Z.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Officially addicted to Hallowed Ground! :D :smt020

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:20 am 

I'm waiting on the actual CD. No desire to play nice with iTunes again (BTDT)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:35 am 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

STPK wrote:

Did you order from Amazon? I did. Waiting. Waiting...

October 5th will be a late nite, then doing the TC 10 miler the next day. Just hope to finish before the first marathoners come in is all. My legs and back are toast, I don't know why I enter that lottery every year other than usually I don't get in. Reminder you guys, KT is on the schedule for Leno on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 am 

Latin American edition is already available on Argentine music stores (online). It will be officially displayed soon. :smt023

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:11 am 

henryporter wrote:
STPK wrote:

October 5th will be a late nite, then doing the TC 10 miler the next day. Just hope to finish before the first marathoners come in is all. My legs and back are toast, I don't know why I enter that lottery every year other than usually I don't get in. Reminder you guys, KT is on the schedule for Leno on Friday.

Yes, I ordered from Amazon. But got an email offer to download ahead of time today but it's using some weird iTunes based Cloud thing.

Are you going to be at her show then? Thanks for the heads up on Leno.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:00 pm 

According to the USPS tracking the CD (from Amazon) is at the local PO. It should be there when I get home! Woo Hoo!

Edit: Tracking said it was delivered. I'm suddenly not feeling well. Maybe I should go home. I wonder if those two events are related. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:22 pm 

STPK wrote:
henryporter wrote:
STPK wrote:

Yes, I ordered from Amazon. But got an email offer to download ahead of time today but it's using some weird iTunes based Cloud thing.

Are you going to be at her show then? Thanks for the heads up on Leno.

Yes, I'll be at the Cedar. Maybe young Patrick will save seats if he gets there early. Her US tour is pretty short then she's back to Europe. Yeah, I got the MP3 DL offer with the CD, I didn't see that there was a deluxe CD this time, the Wall said he got a delux version. My plug in jack on my laptop, crapped, so all I have at the moment is this tablet (it changes words in entire sentences) so I'm reluctant to download to this. Got the part to fix it but procrastinating cracking the case to do it, kinda like rejetting the carbs on the bike. Intimidating if you've never done it before. My friends are in Sturgis and I'm at McDonald's needing to get back to work. Life ain't fair.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:14 pm 

^ A link was provided by mateytunstall to the US Amazon Deluxe CD, which provides the extra tracks like the US iTunes store. I found the Deluxe version hard to find otherwise.

mateytunstall wrote:
The US Deluxe Edition (you lucky guys get a physical version of it!) features the iTunes bonus tracks as well as Crows and Boys of Summer - http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Empire-Crescent-Moon-Deluxe/dp/B00DETP4FK/ref=mb_oe_a

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:40 pm 

First of all, I just have to say again how I can't get over how much I love Crows :-D

But got a question: doesn't she sing 'Could I be a boat for you, and navigate this weight for you' in Yellow flower?

I've left my cd at home and the lyric sites say 'ever gain this weight for you' but that just seems odd :lol: Or I just don't get it?!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:18 pm 

Kim wrote:
But got a question: doesn't she sing 'Could I be a boat for you, and navigate this weight for you' in Yellow flower?

I've left my cd at home and the lyric sites say 'ever gain this weight for you' but that just seems odd :lol: Or I just don't get it?!

Fairly sure she sings navigate, but Yellow Flower seems to be one where the lyrics are quite often misheard :lol: I've seen 'Soaking up the tears if by magic...' rather than 'soaking up the tea as if by magic'...and the other day I saw a Hallowed Ground one that was just obviously wrong - 'And that's when I can see them pouring out the gutsy song, stamping their bony feet to lead them on' - which annoyed me so much I had to change it :lol:

8/4/08 Ipswich Regent, 13/9/09 Harvest at Jimmy's, 19/10/10 The Junction, Cambridge, 17/11/13 Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, 28/11/15 Royal Albert Hall (Jools Holland), 10/12/15 BFI (Live score performance), 31/5/16 The Tabernacle, London, 6/11/16 Cambridge Corn Exchange, 9/11/16 Shepherds Bush Empire

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next