All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Lady GaGa?
Yes? 38%  38%  [ 22 ]
No? 50%  50%  [ 29 ]
After a few pints? 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 58
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:22 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Alejandro video is out, bytheby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA

la-die-da

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

iwficon wrote:
Whilst it seems pointless to say this, I refer back to my (much earlier) point. Lady Gaga has written more number one hits in 18 months than Elvis Presley has in 50 years.

Although really, whilst "songwriting" has it's merits, I refuse to get hung up on that. If I like a song, I like a song.

Ergo, I like Poker Face & Bad Romance. I don't like Telephone and Paparazzi.

It's like everything though. You can churn out guitar dirges but because you do "proper" music, you must be serious about your craft. Anyone doing "pop" must either be manufactured or in it purely for the money.

For the record, if I had any talent for songwriting I wouldn't be writing turgid rock ballads. I'd be writing pop music.

I think that's a good point.. I think because she's doing pop music she's seen to be low brow and therefore manufactured/a clone/rubbish when it's actually not the case.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:41 pm 

Maud wrote:
Alejandro video is out, bytheby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA

I like it but it's a bit mehh.. it drags a lot. Telephone was longer but that could actually sustain your interest because it had some sort of storyline. This is just endless "don't call my name" dancing around like a weirdo :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:44 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Michael_ wrote:
I think that's a good point.. I think because she's doing pop music she's seen to be low brow and therefore manufactured/a clone/rubbish when it's actually not the case.

Thank you :lol:

It's extremely difficult to make great pop music. People who do don't often get enough credit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

So what's her excuse then?

ANDY B... :smt023

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 pm 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Nat likes pop music but hates Gaga. That's good enough for me :p
I did actually click on the link for the video, saw how long it was and closed it again :lol: I don't even know why I clicked on it, since I hate her :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 pm 

Andy B wrote:

Excuse for what? :lol: I'm lost.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:07 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

I agree with Matt's point. Far too much "indie landfill" gets off scott-free and is given more serious attention than it deserves purely because of what it is, or what it stands for.

If Gaga made better records, I'd like her more. As it is, I think only Paparazzi and Love game are listenable.

EG.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:56 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Michael_ wrote:
Andy B wrote:

Excuse for what? :lol: I'm lost.

Writing cr*p? :D ..listen..i'm NOT just a metal/rock head ok..i like good pop too..to me Abba were the best at that, Madonna knows what she's doing, and i like tons of other pop music too, BUT i dont like manufactured drivvle like her or certain other Girl/Boy groups i shall not mention..and there are to me, lots of shitty rock bands and indie bands out there, that yes, do get too much attention...my taste is very diverse..believe me...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 pm 

Andy B wrote:
Writing cr*p? :D ..listen..i'm NOT just a metal/rock head ok..i like good pop too..to me Abba were the best at that, Madonna knows what she's doing, and i like tons of other pop music too, BUT i dont like manufactured drivvle like her or certain other Girl/Boy groups i shall not mention..and there are to me, lots of shitty rock bands and indie bands out there, that yes, do get too much attention...my taste is very diverse..believe me...

Whether you think it's crap or not, it's the most downloaded song in British history :lol:

I think just because she does pop, it doesn't automatically make her 'manufactured', I just think that label gets slapped on her because her music is so successful. People just assume that she must have been a creation from Simon Cowell in order to achieve that :p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:27 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Michael_ wrote:
Andy B wrote:

Whether you think it's crap or not, it's the most downloaded song in British history :lol:

I think just because she does pop, it doesn't automatically make her 'manufactured', I just think that label gets slapped on her because her music is so successful. People just assume that she must have been a creation from Simon Cowell in order to achieve that :p

Successful is being in the charts for 27 years continuously...not one album..she wont be around for long so you might as well enjoy her while you can.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:49 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Surely "success" is "success".

There maybe different "lengths" of "success" but the one thing you cannot deny is that Lady Gaga is "successful".

Any arguements as to how successful she will or won't be in the future are irrelevant in that sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:56 pm 

Andy B wrote:
Michael_ wrote:
Andy B wrote:

Successful is being in the charts for 27 years continuously...not one album..she wont be around for long so you might as well enjoy her while you can.

Two albums, actually :lol: :p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:31 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Michael_ wrote:
Andy B wrote:
Michael_ wrote:
Andy B wrote:

Two albums, actually :lol: :p

Two..blimey..same album though right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:03 pm 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

I love GaGa! I'm fussy with my pop music and artists but GaGa does it right i think and i love the effort put into live shows too.

It annoys me when an artist becomes popular and on tv alot/number 1 alot 'manufactured' 'mainstream crap' and all that cause i hear that alot about GaGa. If ye actually read everything about her following how she got where she is she's a worker and does more than most pop acts when it comes to writing, performing and actually singing for that matter.

GaGa is love or hate tho you either get her or ye don't i think. Looking forward to her 3rd album next year :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next