All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:18 am 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

p-nutz wrote:
Just remembered and thought Oh Ray would like to know that KT smelt like coconut last night :lol:

:smt005 Excellent attention to detail!

And excellent pics and photos from people as well...loved the one where KT & Luke are looking at each other, soooooooo cute!

KT Tunstall wrote:
Go for it lads! Ping their hair-bands into their eyes and come back victorious!
I still consider getting wasted as an artistic pursuit.
Music, too, can be a route out of places too dark to stay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:33 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
Thanks everyone for the reports and pics!

Gerard, your pics are great :D

Kate, thanks for your detailed report about meeting with KT, and I'm glad she loved the pressies :D

Rachel: I find it really great you gave her a TeamTunstall T-Shirt!!! and the pic of it is awesome :mrg:

I'm quite jealous you guys got a new song :shock: :D

Very happy you all had such a great night :D

p-nutz wrote:
Just remembered and thought Oh Ray would like to know that KT smelt like coconut last night :lol:

Hahaha!! :lol:
Thank you :mrg:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 am 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

Hi guys! :smt006
Thank you to all of you for the reports and those great pictures. :smt023
I wont post mine because they're too dark... :?
It was a really good show and the Olympia is a very nice venue, warm atmopshere, just perfect for KT & her gang! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
It's true that when she has announced that she was going to sing a new song everybody was very quiet and concentrated to listen to it :o , I even heard some people asking for silence... :)
This has been a very long day since my buddies and I have left Paris at 6am but see KT in Dublin and spend some good time with my Irish friends has no price. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The cherry on the cake has been to meet, once again, the band after the gig. It's always a real pleasure to have a chat with them. :smt052 So thanks again to KT, Cat, Gita, Arnulf, Sam, Kenny and luke for their kindness and those moments they share with their fans. 8)
Maybe I'll post the recording of the gig later if the sound is good, I have to listen first and unfortunately I should withdraw the new song because of what KT has asked !!!
Anyway stay tuned! :wink:
Now I'm looking forward to see them again next week in London!!! :smt006

Paris 07.09.05 - Paris 26.02.06 - NYC 07.10.06 - NYC 19.09.07 - Glasgow 16.10.07 - Paris 06.11.07 - NYC 21.11.07 - Brussels 22.04.08 - Lille 23.04.08 - Paris 28.04.08 - Dublin 21.06.08 - London 29.06.08 - Werchter 05.07.08

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:57 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

What a whirlwind of a weekend! I'm so tired I feel tipsy....but with good memories!

It was absolutely wonderful seeing Ang and Nat again, and meeting some new folks (Kate, Eimear, Jenna, Rachel....lovely people!). Thanks to all of you who so patiently played endless games of hangman (with punctuation!) and "I spy" with a certain youngster while queuing!

KT was fabulous as always! She seemed to genuinely love the gifts and was touched by the personal touch you all put so much effort into. Andrew made KT a card with a secret message written inside with his Dr Who pen, which KT really got a kick out of. She signed his ticket in the UV ink....I'll have to figure out a way to take a photo of it for everyone to see. He invited KT to play a game of hangman, but she politely declined saying she really had to eat dinner.:lol: Also, as Lisa knows, Andrew is also quite the paparazzi in the making....he actually got KT to pose on her own for a pic, and was going for more (giving her direction like a model and everything) if I hadn't just taken the camera away and pushed him out the door. :oops: :lol: Kids... :roll: KT was absolutely lovely, though, and the concert was AMAZING.....definitely one of my all-time faves. I'll post pics this evening!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:27 am 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

:smt005 I am surprised that we let Andrew in to the country :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:35 am 

James1 wrote:
:smt005 I am surprised that we let Andrew in to the country :wink:

Believe me, I'm sure there has been more than one person who has had second thoughts! :lol:

I almost forgot....there was a girl directly behind me at the show that kept shouting "KT, I want to have your babies!". :? At one point KT even said.."That would kinda hard, wouldn't it?"

Even though it was really late and Andrew was cranky and I knew it would be hours before KT came out to chat with fans, I was so tempted to wait just to let her know that IT WASN'T ME!

The good parent in me decided to return to the hotel. I'm seriously considering sending KT a pm. :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:43 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
So, is there any other pics of when you guys gave KT the pressies? :D
Because I only saw one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:48 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

I think the only other person that took photos was Andrew, so Shannons the best person to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:00 pm 

The bad news is that we didn't take pictures of KT opening her gifts. It turns out we were all in a little room with KT (which was quite dark so flash was necessary) and it felt inappropriate to pull out the camera and snap pictures in such close quarters. I really wanted to capture the whole thing for you guys and I know everyone would love to see her reaction first hand, so I am sorry. It did seem that the best way to represent the forum was to respect KT's personal space - I hope you guys understand! I do have a couple pics from the end, though, and I will post them soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:05 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

Order n Chaos wrote:
The bad news is that we didn't take pictures of KT opening her gifts. It turns out we were all in a little room with KT (which was quite dark so flash was necessary) and it felt inappropriate to pull out the camera and snap pictures in such close quarters. I really wanted to capture the whole thing for you guys and I know everyone would love to see her reaction first hand, so I am sorry. It did seem that the best way to represent the forum was to respect KT's personal space - I hope you guys understand! I do have a couple pics from the end, though, and I will post them soon!

totally understand, don't apologise!! think we are just pleased you gave her the presents. :D

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:25 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

What feebs said. Don't worry, you guys did the right thing :wink:

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:31 pm 

Order n Chaos wrote:

You shouldn't worry at all!! It's great you all got the pressies to KT and that she loved them, that's most important! :wink:
And I totally understand about the 'personal space'! I even find it awkward to take pics (especially with flash) at the gigs, let alone when you're like in a room with only a few people. It's gotta be a good experience for KT to get pressies from us, she shouldn't feel like she's getting presents from the paparazzi or something :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:24 pm 

Aww, thanks everyone! I'm really glad you understand! As I said before, she seemed touched by all the personal effort and thoughtfulness put into the gifts and said she was looking forward to reading through all the messages. I'm very thankful to have been fortunate enough to be there.

Here are a few pics I snapped along the way....

Ang is excellent with unruly children...

Playing hangman in the queue

KT scores a photo with the infamous american boy. :wink: :lol:

Who let the paparazzi in?:lol: Photo shoot directed by Andrew. (Thanks, KT, for kindly playing along!!!)

Last edited by Order n Chaos on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:27 pm 

:lol: Thanks Shannon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:29 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Thanks a lot Shannon! LOVELY pictures :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 45  Next