All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:39 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Sounds like you had a great time!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:44 am 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

midge88 wrote:
:lol: great report.. a bhomb scare :shock: :lol:

Nothing on the news about it this morning, so probably a false alarm. We were protected by a piece of flapping plastic tape across the end of the road anyway, so never in any real danger!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:54 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Well I have to say that was the best gig I've seen her do this year.
I think that's probably because it was a much smaller venue.
Not sure what to add to the reports yet because I'm still half asleep, but she thought the Team Tunstall t-shirt was brilliant!
Will post all the photos when we get back from the next couple of gigs because I haven't got time now!
It was great to meet everyone there :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:58 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

thanks for the little report Rach! Have fun at the other gigs! :smt058

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:05 am 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

Wicked.. glad you had a great time rach. Enjoy it tonight! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:07 am 

Lonesome Pine wrote:
It hadn't got an official name but she was thinking of "My Hidden Parts" but that might sound rude, so it has no name.

:lol: :lol:
What a great pics and reports!!! She looks beautiful as always.
Cheers!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:01 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

tnanks for the pics! really nice! see that you had a great moment!
nice to see her with the T-shirt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:26 pm 

You'll have to wait for Kate and Shannon to get online to get the ones from the pressie giving, and I've put a wee update on the other thread.
xxx

You've got a vampire on your neck, everybody knows what happens next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:28 pm 

:shock: :smt007 great photos Ang.. and u jammy sod getting a kiss off her! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:08 pm 

Thanks Ang, great pics!!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:16 pm 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Brilliant pictures and reports guys :D ! It sounds so fun

I know I want it all, wish the sky would fall on me

You and me, always, always

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:00 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

You guys waste no time at'all! :lol:

WOW..best KT gig I've been too :mrg: NEW SONG is called The Heart of Me (KT thinks...she's not sure yet..was gonna call it The Hidden Part of Me but you work out why not :wink: )

RAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaNDOM FACT! In Missouri....by law..there is no such thing as a female peeping tom! " We all know where we're going then don't we ladies!"

I guess I should do pressie giving first? I'll post photos later once they've loaded

Fozzy came out and fetched us at about 5, nterupting a very exciting game of hangmang hosted by the wonderful Andrew :smt018 and we were deposited in a nice room with very cool posters and leather sofas. After about 20 minutes maybe (playing hangman :mrg: ) KT came in and shook everyone's hands before sitting on the arm of my chair :mrg: :lol:

She was absolutely thrilled with all her presents and is visiting her rainforest belt in somewhere beggining with c? She loved that the hipflask said "with love from the nutjobs" :lol: I'll let Shannon mention the rest as Andrew was the only one brave enough to talk to KT really :wink:

Group photo- It's a bit burnt out but meh..what are you gonna do?

Afterwards we pottered back out into the pishing rain :roll: and back to Alex and Rachel who had been there since 12! :shock: We got there at about 4 having had to cross through a gay pride parade... plenty of eye opening costumes I can tell you! :shock:

Picked up an irish fella in the queue who stayed with us all night :D Forumers all got wrist bands for the pit and all got the front row :D Had a good natter with a few people behind me and turned them on to Acoustic extravaganze which they didn't know about :D They were trying to get me to tell them what the first song would be after saying they didn't want to know :lol: The left side of the floor was packed....right side was a bit sparce...we decided the floor must slope left.

Support act came out at about 8..he's called Alan and that's all we'll ever know..SCottish fella and Angela made the mistake of screaming when he asked if there were any Scottish folk in the crowd :lol: He wasn't too bad, playee a couple of songs then another bloke came out to join him then he played a couple more on his own. Last song was good though but that means nothing to anyone seeing as we dunno who he was!

KT came on at about 9.15 and you all know how she starts :wink: OSOTW has become a full on sing along and I love it! :mrg: Kt does too, she just beamed everytime the crowd joined in which was almost every song and I quote " *beep*' hell, the irish really can sing". Band were all on top form and in great spirits and smiling at the crowd, Kenny headbanging away :D Sam's playing is just phenomenal :shock: He adds sooo much and the new arrangements here and there were great :D

Story Time!: After KT's last gig at the Olympia she was lying in bed at her hotel (steady on) thinking it was very quiet until a long low moan rang out. A few minutes later another slightly higher moan rang out from elsewhere. Twas the missing links! Trying to find each other in Dublin, because they can't hear their maets calls during the day so live a secret existance at night.
Watch your backs people.
This was followed by Flamenco missing links :smt005 With KT on guitar and Sam....well...I'm not sure how to describe it but I hope it'll be on youtube :smt005

New song:wow..... there wasn't a sound in the room..it's a beautiful bluesy fingerpicked number that really shows off her voice at it's most :smt007 Superb! Can't remember the set list but Beauty of Uncertainty is jsut such a beautiful thing live :smt007
Wonderful gig overall in an amazing venue with a great crowd and even better company :mrg: :smt023

We decided to hang about afterwards cause we're all really creepy stalkers with nothing better to do and it's good craic :mrg: Stage door's right beside a bar/club and some bloke came out and asked why were weren't going in cause "they let a whoel loads of blacks in and you guys, you're still out here" :shock: I dunno what you can say to that really :shock: :lol: Had another bloke calling us eco warriors and I'm not sure if he was wanting us to be off our faces or was telling us we already were :smt017 The most potent thing anyone had had all nigth was full fat coke.

Decided I wanted to stalk Sam and after hanging about 3ft behind him for a few minutes nabbed him jsut before he went inside and asked him to signed his album booklet :D He seemed really please and was all excited :mrg: Didn't understand a word I was saying like but still..I think he got the sentiment :lol:

We hung about after and met KT again but I'm done typing and I'm sure you're done reading so here are some pictures :wink: OK they aren't loaded yet...she's so easy to chat with and lovely and THE BOOTS HAVE A HOLE IN THEM! :shock: She also stole my pen but I told her she could keep it cause her gold one died :(

It was really hard to get good pictures :? Great to watch (most of the time)

In no particular order

et voila...it was such a good nice I ahve 2 bruised and swollen fingers from clapping

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:08 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Nice reports/pictures everyone. Looking forward to hearing the new song. :D

Did KT do something to the hair? It looks different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:09 pm 

Flippin' great report Kate!!!!!
Cheers :wink:

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:17 pm 

super smashing greeeeeat report there. Thanks so much!! :lol: :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next