All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 88  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:37 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Hehehe...that pic was taken at a Patty Griffin fan meetup a couple of years ago. Things got a bit festive near the end of the evening. LOL I think the show I'm going to is about 250 people (she's playing the larger room at the venue and has a pretty decent following around here), so I think you may win out. She puts on a helluva show though, so I'm REALLY excited. Got tix to see her again when she comes back in April, so I'm looking forward to that one too!

I'd actually love for Brandi to open/share a double bill with KT - I think they'd make for a FABULOUS rock n' roll evening!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:50 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Guys - you can listen to the XPN member only show that I attended on Tuesday night on Brandi's fan site! The lovely administrator, Bert, just uploaded the show. :D And let me tell you - it was FRICKIN FABULOUS!

Go to: Againtoday.com Music Clips. Mp3s of the whole show are there. I can hear my high-ass pitched scream and whistles in a few tracks. LOL Suggested DLs:

Late Morning Lullaby
Josephine
What Can I Say
Folsom Prison Blues (YES! She actually broke a string like 30 seconds into this, so poor Tim had to carry the guitar part!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:00 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

Excellent Mis! Will have a listen later.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:36 pm 
I pre order the new ablum, can't wait to get it !!!!!!
Hope she'll make an european tour....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:47 am 
I was doing A Google Image Search on Brandi Carlile and came up with this. :? Someone in the lower right corner looks familiar. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:49 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

:o How did that happen!! It must be because I posted a blog about the upcoming concert :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:06 pm 
This apparently came out of your MySpace account which I have noticed is a private account. I think it’s a bit intrusive of Google to be trolling through people’s private MySpace accounts for information. The information in these accounts is supposed to be private. Obviously, it's not private if Google is able to stick their fingers into private accounts and read the contents. MySpace needs to prevent Google from reading the internal contents of peoples private MySpace accounts.……When pigs fly out of my ass! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:18 pm 

Very True! I didn't even think of that! I think I may have to start traveling with bodyguards!! :lol:

But seriously, that is a bit disturbing... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:02 pm 
I went to “Brandi’s” web site that’s run by her record label (Columbia Records - http://www.brandicarlile.com) and noticed that it appears to me that Columbia Records is now marketing Brandi as “The Woman In Black”. I’m not very familiar with Johnny Cash’s music, but for some reason every time I listened to her I often thought of Johnny Cash. I think this new personality that they’re having her assume is kind of ridiculous. I like the old Brandi Carlile. A real person; A real kick-ass folk-rocker that was just a cool kid from rural Washington State that could hard strum it just like THE TUNSTALL. Anyway, the bottom line is, the music will be just as good, but “The Woman In Black” outfits can just be ignored.

The Real Brandi Carlile:

“The Woman In Black” 1:

“The Woman In Black” 2:

“The Woman In Black” 3:

“The Woman In Black” 4:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:05 pm 

Either way, Brandi will kick bootay. But I do like her originality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:13 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

I don't know that they're marketing her that way, Frank. It's just her album art for the new record, that's all. She was dressed in her usual jeans and western shirt when I saw her play last week. It's not like KT did every concert in the rainbow suspenders (braces to you UK lot...stop snickering).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:53 am 
I can’t believe that Brandi Carlile’s MySpace site got hacked into. I’d like to rip their nuts off. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:39 pm 

Listening to this lady for the first time tonight thanks to hearing one of her song's on Nat H's myspace, liking a lot! Great set of pipes on her.

"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all" ~ Johnny Cash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:49 pm 

Yay jaffacakes! Another Brandi fan!
:smt023
I'm a bit excited because there are only 19 days until her acoustic show/album listening party here in Seattle. I've also got tickets for two shows in May (more roadtrips). Gotta do something while I await KT's return!

-ST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:00 pm 

jaffacakes wrote:
Listening to this lady for the first time tonight thanks to hearing one of her song's on Nat H's myspace, liking a lot! Great set of pipes on her.

Awwwwww excellent Lis! I didn't know you've never heard her before. She is fabulous. I can't wait 'til she comes to the UK. She'd better! She's up there in my top artists list at the mo!

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1306 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 88  Next