All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Garbage
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

THANK GOODNESS

not seen them live yet! i imagine their live show has probably peaked by now given how long they've been going, but i've always got time for them <3

xss33

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:30 am 
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi

More about the band and the next album:

New record in the works for band Garbage
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 2:30

Garbage lead singer Shirley Manson recently revealed in her native Scotland that the mostly Madison-based band is recording a new record after a five-year hiatus.

The rest of the band is leery of talking about it, but guitarist Duke Erikson confirmed the news Thursday.

“It’s true that we’re recording,” Erikson said. “We’re working on some new music. It’s too early to say where it’s going to go.”

The band has recorded a handful of new songs and plans to go back to the studio in Los Angeles next week, he added.

“I don’t want to make too big a deal of it. It could all go south tomorrow,” Erikson said.

In 2005, Manson said that the band was taking an extended break after a world tour supporting the band’s fourth album, “Bleed Like Me,” but stopped short of calling it a breakup.

“Garbage never officially broke up contrary to what people have heard,” Erikson said. “We just went our separate ways for a little bit.”

Erikson said he’s not sure where the new material is going to lead, but added, “We’re writing some pretty good stuff and we’re enjoying doing it. It’s all we really set out to do for now.”

The new record doesn’t have a name yet. The band is simply feeling its way through writing together again and is enjoying having no deadline and no pressure, Erikson said.

Since 2005, Garbage has released just three new songs -– one single and two B-sides –- plus a 2007 greatest hits album, “Absolute Garbage.”

Manson had planned to put out a solo album, until she was cast in the now-canceled Fox TV show “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” the highest-rated new scripted series of the 2007-08 television season.

Then last March she wrote a Facebook post: “Guess who I just spent a week in the studio with? Would you be pleased if I said one of them was called Steve and one of them was called Duke and another was a Grammy-winning producer?”

She was referring to guitarist Steve Marker, who now lives in Colorado with his family; and Butch Vig, the band’s drummer and a major music producer, who is currently working on a project with the Foo Fighters.

The Scottish-born Manson finally announced Garbage’s return during a lecture at the University of the West of Scotland, according to the Guardian’s website this week.

“I’m working on a record right now with the band,” she said. “We’ve recorded quite a lot but it’s difficult to quantify. We’re just winging it right now ... I took about five years off. I’d like to do some touring next year.”

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/art...1cc4c002e0.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:00 pm 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

I have waited for this news for like five years now. I am so glad that they will be returning. I love Garbage and have been listening to a lot of their music a lately. But I heard this news a few weeks ago and literally nearly fell off my chair at my PC. :D

I wonder what the new material will sound like. I have heard that it will be more organic sounding. But I can't see that happening, Garbage are very electronic orientated... Maybe it will be more guitar driven, like Bleed Like Me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:26 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
I randomly came across this vid off Jools where they played I'm Only Happy When It Rains and I had forgotten how powerful they sound live, very Rock&Roll 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzzf44HkFw8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:27 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

They're on FB now!

http://www.facebook.com/GarbageOfficial

Oh, how I've missed them!! :smt001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:03 am 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

Seeing em at Brixton in Nov :smt035

^my solo project innit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:12 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

YEP..ME TOO..going on the Sunday gig with a couple friends..be the 5th or 6th time i've seen them live....last time was at brixton Academy too...

VOW.
http://youtu.be/qZsVcoWRIkY?list=PL14984BC8FC29AD81

ANDY B... :smt023

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:14 pm 

Cool. Will you be down the front?

^my solo project innit

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:44 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

dont know mate..have to see what time we get there..but posibly to the side..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11