All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Lady GaGa?
Yes? 38%  38%  [ 22 ]
No? 50%  50%  [ 29 ]
After a few pints? 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 58
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:11 pm 
Offline
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:15 pm
Posts: 6488
Each to our own. I for one cannot stand Madonna. She's irritating, and thinks she can steal babies because she wants them.

And nawwwww I don't like Pink much either, I think she tries to be wild but she's just not. Wheras Gaga is, well, actually totally gaga. Like she probably was dropped on the head at somepoint. And she doesn't have an ego either, unlike Madonna.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:32 pm 
Offline
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 12133
FishyLucy wrote:
Each to our own. I for one cannot stand Madonna. She's irritating, and thinks she can steal babies because she wants them.

And nawwwww I don't like Pink much either, I think she tries to be wild but she's just not. Wheras Gaga is, well, actually totally gaga. Like she probably was dropped on the head at somepoint. And she doesn't have an ego either, unlike Madonna.


No ego???..really...hmmmmm..how bout a slightly large one..

ANDY B.... :smt023

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:45 pm 
Offline
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:15 pm
Posts: 6488
But she really doesn't!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:34 pm 
Offline
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 12133
FishyLucy wrote:
But she really doesn't!


really????...you forget i know people who collect autographs, an all those that have met her aren't too keen on her due to her err...ego, shall we say...not a nice lady by all means.

ANDY B... :smt023

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:42 pm 
Offline
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:15 pm
Posts: 6488
Ah okay. Sorry Andy. I forgot you know everything.

:p

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:49 pm 
Offline
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 12133
FishyLucy wrote:
Ah okay. Sorry Andy. I forgot you know everything.

:p


Hey..only going by what they told me when they met her at Radio 2, Radio 1 etc..me..i dont want her autograph cos not my thing..but they weren't impressed by her "attitude"..and yes..Madge is the same, but in the past year or so she has actually began to sign cd's etc if you ever meet her..which is amazing really, when she wouldn't go near you before...but she's had several decades of hits etc, ga ga hasn't..lets see where she'll be in two years time..and no i dont know everything..well nearly everything... :wink: :lol:

ANDY B... :smt023

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:12 pm 
Offline
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 40873
Location: London
Andy B wrote:
FishyLucy wrote:
But she really doesn't!


really????...you forget i know people who collect autographs, an all those that have met her aren't too keen on her due to her err...ego, shall we say...not a nice lady by all means.

ANDY B... :smt023


I actually don't think Lady Gaga has an ego as such. I just think she is a HIGHLY theatrical person, who very much stays in a sort of character. Obviously she has a lot of balls (so to speak) and huge amounts of confidence. There's a fine line between having an ego and just having the confidence to be a little bit different.

Basically, she's just a bit of a nutter, but in a super great way.

_________________
ImageImageImage
http://www.meganbrowndoesphotography.blogspot.com
NEW "365 in 2010" Challenge: http://www.meganbrowndoesphotography365.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 am 
Offline
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 12133
megs123 wrote:
Andy B wrote:
FishyLucy wrote:
But she really doesn't!


really????...you forget i know people who collect autographs, an all those that have met her aren't too keen on her due to her err...ego, shall we say...not a nice lady by all means.

ANDY B... :smt023


I actually don't think Lady Gaga has an ego as such. I just think she is a HIGHLY theatrical person, who very much stays in a sort of character. Obviously she has a lot of balls (so to speak) and huge amounts of confidence. There's a fine line between having an ego and just having the confidence to be a little bit different.

Basically, she's just a bit of a nutter, but in a super great way.


Its called an "act", she's a business woman...not a nutter.

ANDY B... :smt023

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:47 am 
Offline
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:43 pm
Posts: 40873
Location: London
But an act isn't the same as an ego in my opinion.

_________________
ImageImageImage
http://www.meganbrowndoesphotography.blogspot.com
NEW "365 in 2010" Challenge: http://www.meganbrowndoesphotography365.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:20 pm 
Offline
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 9183
Location: Cornwall
megs123 wrote:
I actually don't think Lady Gaga has an ego as such. I just think she is a HIGHLY theatrical person, who very much stays in a sort of character. Obviously she has a lot of balls (so to speak) and huge amounts of confidence. There's a fine line between having an ego and just having the confidence to be a little bit different.

Basically, she's just a bit of a nutter, but in a super great way.


Completely agree! :smt045 Granted i've never met her and probably never will, but the way she presents herself is in, like Megs says, a confident way. She believes in this concept of "GaGa", it's all a big show. I feel quite certain that she goes home at the end of the day, hangs up her telephone hat and throws on jeans like the rest of us.

Whether you call it an ego or a persona, that's really up to you.

_________________
Still a nutjob, after all these years.
My Music


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:38 pm 
Offline
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:08 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Netherlands
Either way, I like her :smt023

_________________

la-die-da


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 pm 
Offline
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:12 pm
Posts: 32291
Location: Glasgow
Im convinced she's not a real person. I think she was created by the music biz, all her songs are TOO perfectly catchy. And the fact shes able to churn out hit after hit. Since shes constantly in the public eye, i wonder when shes away writing all this stuff. I think its written for her, a group of people dress her and plan what she says in interviews. I think it's all very manufactured.

Conspiracy theory much :lol:

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:17 pm 
Offline
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:26 pm
Posts: 4474
Location: UK
megs123 wrote:
But an act isn't the same as an ego in my opinion.

I think you're right. I don't think Lady Gaga is fake or has a massive ego, but I think she's just quite exaggerated. Like "Lady Gaga" is just a kind of caricature of herself. If that makes sense :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:58 pm 
Offline
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 12133
Nat wrote:
Im convinced she's not a real person. I think she was created by the music biz, all her songs are TOO perfectly catchy. And the fact shes able to churn out hit after hit. Since shes constantly in the public eye, i wonder when shes away writing all this stuff. I think its written for her, a group of people dress her and plan what she says in interviews. I think it's all very manufactured.

Conspiracy theory much :lol:


Thank goodness the voice of sense..i can always rely on Nat to put it in perspective..good girl....and did people ACTUALLY think she wrote her own stuff..DOH!!
ANDY B... :smt023

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:41 pm 
Offline
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:40 am
Posts: 11724
Whilst it seems pointless to say this, I refer back to my (much earlier) point. Lady Gaga has written more number one hits in 18 months than Elvis Presley has in 50 years.

Although really, whilst "songwriting" has it's merits, I refuse to get hung up on that. If I like a song, I like a song.

Ergo, I like Poker Face & Bad Romance. I don't like Telephone and Paparazzi.

It's like everything though. You can churn out guitar dirges but because you do "proper" music, you must be serious about your craft. Anyone doing "pop" must either be manufactured or in it purely for the money.

For the record, if I had any talent for songwriting I wouldn't be writing turgid rock ballads. I'd be writing pop music.

_________________
Join the 2011/12 Tunstallation Nation Fantasy Football Game
Details here...
http://forums.kttunstall.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23047


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group