All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Lady GaGa?
Yes? 38%  38%  [ 22 ]
No? 50%  50%  [ 29 ]
After a few pints? 12%  12%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 58
 Post subject: Re: Lady GaGa
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Del_007 wrote:
I love GaGa! I'm fussy with my pop music and artists but GaGa does it right i think and i love the effort put into live shows too.

It annoys me when an artist becomes popular and on tv alot/number 1 alot 'manufactured' 'mainstream crap' and all that cause i hear that alot about GaGa. If ye actually read everything about her following how she got where she is she's a worker and does more than most pop acts when it comes to writing, performing and actually singing for that matter.

GaGa is love or hate tho you either get her or ye don't i think. Looking forward to her 3rd album next year :D

She's a plastic Madonna clone, and music now especially the manufactured c**p in the charts, well..Simon Cowell!!.nuff said really...its been done, GaGa isn't anything new..she wont be around as long as Madonna , and is nowhere as talented as Madonna..and also for someone to compare her to Elvis?..what a ridiculous thing to say..in the days of Elvis, or even only as far back as the 80's..you had to sell over a million singles just to get in the top ten, so dont compare single success then to now..when you only need sell twenty to get number 1..

ANDY B... :smt023

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:00 pm 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

Yeah i think to bring in Elvis was a bit :s but i don't see her as a Madonna clone personally, i guess with some controversy surrounding some GaGa shows you can compare her to Madonna on that respect as Madonna caused controversy with her constant changing image, videos etc but i wouldn't say theres any copycating. EXCLUDING one video. Alejandro...what the hell was GaGa thinking with that video i can't say anything about the Madonna comparisons in her defence on that video

But i don't think GaGa is doing anything new she's just doing what all pop artists SHOULD be doing but don't and rarely have done since the Madonna days and thats Write, Perform, Interact with fans, put effort into music videos and actually play an instrument and actually sing live. I think people are so caught up in her doing that and confusing that with her being new but to me GaGa is just being a good pop artist and doing what we expect from pop music but just don't get anymore. (well not in huge quantitys)

Their both very talented artists. Madonna shaped up pop music to what it is today, every pop artist in the business would have to be lying if they didn't look up to Madonna. She constantly changed her image and sound every album. She sang live, danced doing it and sometimes through in an instrument in as well. Lady GaGa is doing all that but time will tell if she can change her image and sound every album but The Fame to The Fame Monster are a promising start.

I've no idea how this topic got to this as i'm new and sorry if i'm spoiled everyones debating fun. I just like both artists and don't understand artist v artist debates in general but if i see one with artists i like i just jump in haha

Whether you can see the hype or not i think it's the fact that most all pop artists are crap nowadays cause of reality shows or artists who can't sing and perform at the same time GaGa is more appreciated. It's a change to see a Pop artist do their job and do it well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:22 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Del_007 wrote:
Yeah i think to bring in Elvis was a bit :s but i don't see her as a Madonna clone personally, i guess with some controversy surrounding some GaGa shows you can compare her to Madonna on that respect as Madonna caused controversy with her constant changing image, videos etc but i wouldn't say theres any copycating. EXCLUDING one video. Alejandro...what the hell was GaGa thinking with that video i can't say anything about the Madonna comparisons in her defence on that video

But i don't think GaGa is doing anything new she's just doing what all pop artists SHOULD be doing but don't and rarely have done since the Madonna days and thats Write, Perform, Interact with fans, put effort into music videos and actually play an instrument and actually sing live. I think people are so caught up in her doing that and confusing that with her being new but to me GaGa is just being a good pop artist and doing what we expect from pop music but just don't get anymore. (well not in huge quantitys)

Their both very talented artists. Madonna shaped up pop music to what it is today, every pop artist in the business would have to be lying if they didn't look up to Madonna. She constantly changed her image and sound every album. She sang live, danced doing it and sometimes through in an instrument in as well. Lady GaGa is doing all that but time will tell if she can change her image and sound every album but The Fame to The Fame Monster are a promising start.

I've no idea how this topic got to this as i'm new and sorry if i'm spoiled everyones debating fun. I just like both artists and don't understand artist v artist debates in general but if i see one with artists i like i just jump in haha

Whether you can see the hype or not i think it's the fact that most all pop artists are crap nowadays cause of reality shows or artists who can't sing and perform at the same time GaGa is more appreciated. It's a change to see a Pop artist do their job and do it well.

Too much visual, not enough emphasis on the music..she's a cabaret act, simple...she'll end up like Spears..overhyped, and then boom...maybe if she started acting normally, instead of the "set up" appearances people might take her seriously...put on some clothes in public girl, grow up, and talk about your music..simple really...and no, you aint spoilt any debating..

ANDY B... :smt023

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:52 pm 

I love the visual but i can see how you can think it's too much :) but to be fair on her all she does is talk about her music from what it's about when she wrote it, where she wrote it why she wrote it and explains the reason for the visuals for songs thats one thing she does do may it be at a gig or a interview.

And i kinda agree on the fashion thing. I say kinda cause she changed her style for The Fame Monster and i prefered her retro look of The Fame plus she looked healthier when promoting The Fame, i actually think from all the stuff shes been doing constant touring no rest shes looking drained and lost an insane amount of weight thats kinda unhealthy.

Ah well, i can see some of your points but disagree with others. Even tho opinions are strong on both GaGa love and GaGa hate i must say this has been the most civil of debates :)

and haha i don't think GaGa was never normal i've seen some footage of her in her old band and she still seemed eccentric at times even without the visuals and normal look altho i kinda wish she would go back to this even tho it wouldn't be bomb lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b5mgPmw2zw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

There was a huge picture of Gaga in the weekend papers - in a regular female columnists' latest dispatch - and I didn't even know who it was. I'm clearly not paying attention! :lol:

EG.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:06 pm 

New song from new album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muXg2qPFcKY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:29 pm 
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18

Like it. Sometimes when she plays the piano on her songs she really reminds me of a female Elton John. I mean obvs she's not Elton John, but that melody kinda seems like something he'd use.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:49 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

Interesting article about the freakshow's worrying relationship with her dad
http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/l ... r-parents/

^my solo project innit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:37 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Both photos creep me out. But I guess I don't care what she does with her moola. I'm sure she has plenty to spread around at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 am 
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi

Hey everyone! I haven't posted here in quite a while because I usually just browse for KT related stuff... but I recently saw this thread and I'd like to contribute a fantastic article I read almost a year ago written by a veteran rock critic. He makes some incredibly valid points and offers a different perspective of Gaga that I really appreciate. He also does a fantastic job addressing the tiresome Madonna comparisons.

Quote:
"I just can't get over the fact that so many intelligent people don't get the Gaga."

My friend Hudson Marquez, the great artist, sociopolitical provocateur, TV producer (Dylan's Hard Rain), and co-creator of the famous Cadillac Ranch art project (which inspired a Bruce Springsteen song), posted those words on my Facebook page a few weeks ago during a heated discussion over this Liam Gallagher quote: "She's great! Seriously, man, we like her. She's the only one out there who's got balls. She can play instruments. She can sing. She can dance. She's weird. She's shocking people. I like the Gaga, man." This is the same Liam Gallagher, mind you, who has almost never had a kind word to say about any of his contemporaries, once referring to Jack White as looking "like Zorro on doughnuts" and even wishing AIDS on Britpop competitors Blur. Didn't matter. The haters came up with all kinds of excuses for this praise. Liam had to have been joking. Or, better yet, Oasis always sucked anyway.

It's been both entertaining and rather curious to observe so many grown adults, some of them who should know better, get so bent out of shape over Lady Gaga's monumental success. And they get so angry that some of us seriously believe we do "get it" when it comes to the Gaga ... and actually like it. One rock critic went so far as to suggest that she is the very worst thing in all of modern culture ... which is absolutely ridiculous in a culture that's given us both the Kardashians and Donald Trump. I saw another critic admit that he reviewed the new album for a major newspaper after only listening to it once because that's all the music merited. Some observers believe this almost insane and certainly intense level of hate is because Gaga's a powerful woman ... except there seem to be as many females as men doing the hating. She is unquestionably the most divisive cultural icon to come along in decades. She must be doing something right.

Read the rest of the article here: http://metrotimes.com/music/in-defense-of-gaga-1.1158482

*edit* wow I didnt realize how old this thread was. My bad. lol :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27