All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
 Post subject: Re: Amy Macdonald
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 am 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

Listened to the New CD a Few Times ie about 10 plays... Its not a Bad Album. Fairly immediate and Catchy But not moved on that much from the previous 2 IMO. A bit of the Same... The Opener is a bit Cheesy with that 4th of July Gimmick.. The Furthest Star also has "Captain of Your Ship" as its Opener and then The Green & the Blue has the Blondie opener... Just little things that made me Smile. Guess the hardcore fans will lap it up... Worth a £10 note for sure .. But not as good as "Tiger Suit" .. :)

Last edited by 3wheeler on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 am 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

And you weren't moved by Left That Body Long Ago??? There's a few tracks that are taking their time to grow on me but do love The Game, Left That Body Long Ago and the hidden track Two Worlds (though I do reckon that there is another way to sing it rather than how Amy does :wink: )

She's off round Scotland today doing 5 gigs for the STV Appeal. Already been in Aberdeen @ 8.30am and now in Dundee. She's still got Stirling, Edinburgh and Glasgow to play (where there's an after-gigathon party :smt041). Will be good to hear her play some of the new tracks live :)

Huggles
Vhari x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:52 pm 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Still waiting for my copy of "Life In A Beautiful Light" to get here. I can't wait to listen to it. :smt023

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:37 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

on my first listen, its quite good, but some of the songs are a bit samey, i think if she does do another album it should be something quite different (like tiger suit). but she seems to have a massive following in europe, so maybe she should just do the same... :smt017

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:35 pm 

Heard the current release on Radio 2 this week, and having previously never been interested in her music (despite her being described as KT Tunstall's Cooler Little Sister) - must admit to being swayed on a first listen.

May crack - may buy :?

Sheff - Jun 06, Leeds - Oct 07, Wolves - Apr 08, Sheff - Apr 08, Wolves - Oct 10, Newcastle - Feb 11, Manchester - Feb 11, Leeds - Feb 11, Stornoway - Jul 11, Bath - Sept 11, York - Nov 11, Edinburgh - Nov 11, Glasgow - Nov 11, Glasgow - Sept 12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 pm 

ok, now ive decided i really like it, and i think its probs better/the same as ACT :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 am 

The Super Deluxe Versioin of the album was well worth the money *cough£35cough* So glad that it finally came. And of the new songs (3 from a 7 track set Glasgow) that were performed on her gigathon, with just 3 of them I look forward to see the full band together :)

Huggles
Vhari x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31