All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rush
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:41 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

Still not grabbin me at all .....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:27 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

After about four listens....I couldn't even tell you where my CD went. It's probably still in the center console of the car. Obviously it never got traction with me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:53 pm 

I just think it's dross listened to it a few times over the past however long since it was released ,my opinion hasn't changed one bit even hearing tracks live hasn't done anything oh well sort of glad I'm just going to the Glasgow gig ,it may well be the last time I go see them live .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 pm 

Ahhh, sorry if I'm not buying that one matey. One thing I've noted about you Rush nerds, you never like each new disc and you swear them off "after the next gig." But come the next announced album, you reset your enthusiasm and gush about how "rumor has it they are going old school with this one!"

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm 

Nah it's got to the point (for me) where I know that it's not going to get better studio wise so there is no point in deceiving myself if it had finished at T4E that would have been fine ,it's sort of like The Who ,who retired back in the 80's as a band but hang on lets fleece the fans a bit with comeback after comeback tour ,I'm not buying it and this feels exactly like that .As for going old school they've never done that every new lp is different though I found it hard to distinguish S&A and CA as different works .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

I literally don't think I've ever heard Dave say that he was maybe done seeing Rush apart from right there ^.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:12 am 

theolddog wrote:
.....,it's sort of like The Who ,who retired back in the 80's as a band but hang on lets fleece the fans a bit with comeback after comeback tour.....

That parallel resounds with me. I was a raging Who fan growing up. I allowed them to replace Keith Moon with Kenny Jones but was very bummed when Face Dances came out and absolutely disgusted with It's Hard. At that point, it was totally over for me. I even turned down reasonably priced, great seats at their last show because I did not want to see Pete's gut bouncing around with his windmill.

What really girdles me is I have an old biography of the Who, written in 1976, where Pete said he was about tapped out and couldn't understand how any band could get to a point of "mailing it in" instead of just quitting. I can't get that hypocrisy out of my mind while seeing them still playing big events (halftime at the Super Bowl for example.)

I am not a Rush die hard. At least anything beyond Moving Stages wound up sounding the same to me. It would be hard to believe they are mailing it in because I'd like to believe they are still a hard working band. I just don't think they can draw any inspiration that brings them an epic album. I still think they would be the ultimate jam band if they would allow themselves to just play loosely cobbled sets.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:12 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Roll on May..cant wait to see them again at the O2... :D

ANDY B... :smt023

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:42 am 

Nat wrote:
I literally don't think I've ever heard Dave say that he was maybe done seeing Rush apart from right there ^.

The problem is it's a good show but having to listen to the new stuff grates ,as someone keeps saying on a rush board

Old Rush Good
New Rush Bad

It won't stop me collecting (past the point of no return there ) but the end is in sight .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 am 

Predictably and unsurprisingly the Fanbois say it was the best tour by far I still can't see it ,however never heard fans whinging about the sound as much as on this tour ,maybe it was their seating in the arenas I have no idea but so far the worst sounding show goes to London 02 arena closely followed by the MEN arena Manchester ,not that I attended but have heard boots from both. Personally the Birmingham show was excellent sound wise but got blown away by the Glasgow show, but the best show of all was Sheffield from the accounts of folks who attended all the uk shows it had more atmosphere and crowd reaction than the other shows prior to .
It's now got to the point that the meet up with pals before and after is the highpoint of the shows I do tend to avoid the fanbois as it's just got too much having to listen to all their inane and hero worship OMFG type of comments .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

I was at the O2 gig..and it was good..not too keen on the new stuff, and was surprised by the 80's setlist... :lol: ..but the sound wasn't as good as it should have been, but still, they rocked..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:34 pm 

You may already have it but the Clockwork Angels Tour cd,dvd and blu ray came out last week ,if you don't have it won't spoil it for you, but I'll say this some of the camera work is rubbish and the sound leaves a lot to be desired on the cd .
I suspect that the audio from the dvd/blu ray was used for this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:05 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Got the dvd..i like it..lets be honest..they could make an album of belching noises and it'd be good!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:45 pm 

Andy B wrote:
Got the dvd..i like it..lets be honest..they could make an album of belching noises and it'd be good!! :lol:

Might be I expect a far higher finished product but it seems to me (imho) that it's a money grab now ,there are only so many tours they can do and at £75 a ticket they are raking it in and that will only go up ,considering it was £2.50 to see them back in 1979 that's a big jump .
If they got another singer in ,as Geds voice is gone might be worth going to see but that's never gonna happen .So that's it as far as I'm concerned no more gigs as I really didn't enjoy the ones I attended last year ...
As for new releases ,well so far this year

The multi format cd,dvd,bluray LP sized box set from CA live released in January limited edition

The 1974 debut LP is being released as a copy of the original Moon release remastered on 180 gram heavy weight vinyl with a download code ..

The 1980 Keil Auditorium St Louis is being released in 2 vinyl format one grey and a black vinyl with a cd release as well

That's a fair amount of cash right there say about £250 altogether

No doubt there will be more as it's the 30 year anniversary for Grace Under Pressure LP ,so I think it's time to stop as nothing new is coming out ..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:42 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Well Geddy's voice is good for a man in his 60's lets be honest these guys aren't getting younger..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next