|The Official KT Tunstall Board
|Forum Rules and Advice
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||administrator [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:00 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Forum Rules and Advice|
2. Remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated.
3. The administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to the administrators and moderators and not users.
4. Please do not act as "back seat moderators". If you note an issue which contravenes the rules, or have an issue with the forum in general, please PM a member of the 'K Team' Do not respond to such topics yourself.
5. Before starting a new thread, please use the search function at the top of the page. There might be an existing thread that covers what you want to talk about.
6. Please post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, or use 'txt spk'
7. Do not unnecessarily 'bump' threads.
8. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging. In addition, anyone PMing other members in an inappropriate manner, or continuing to PM when they have been asked not to, will have their membership of this forum terminated and their action reported to their isp as appropriate.
Please remember. People on the internet are not always who or what they seem to be.
If you are at all concerned about the real identity or motives of a forum member, please do not hesitate to contact a member of The K Team.
9. Please do not stray 'Off Topic'. Remember, this is NOT a chat room.
10. SPECIAL RULE Kristelles Space is "A Quiet place for thought and contemplation." NO political discussion is allowed. If you want to discuss politics, then use ChitChat.
Avatars, signatures and photos
2.The forum will not allow you to use photos wider than 700 pix, so please re size any image accordingly. If you need to show a large image, please use the thumbnail option in your image hosting package. For your convenience there is a link to Imageshack at the top of the forum.
3.Photos in signatures :- Do not have more than 2 lines of photos, each up to 700 wide, and in total no higher than 250.
If you haven't a resizing program, or it's too complex to use easily, then download and install http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm Its a free photo resizer, and very easy to use.
Unfortunately, you cannot automatically trust anyone you meet online. Have a look below for advice on how best to protect yourself and make sure your on-line experience is fun and exciting as it should be!
This guide is really aimed at younger users of the Website but the advice may be just as applicable to adult users.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 ALWAYS TELL A TRUSTED ADULT
If you are under 16 you should always let your parents or legal guardian know that you are using a message board or chatroom.
DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You should never give out the following information about yourself:-
* Full name
* Telephone number
* Mobile number
* E-mail address
* School name
* Log-in password
Also think about your friends and family. You should make sure you don't give out any of this information about them.
First Revision 04/04/07
Second Revision 18/06/07
Third Revision 23/09/07
Fourth Revision 20/10/07
Fifth Revision 17/07/08
Sixth Revision 02/08/08
Seventh Revision 06/01/09
Eigth Revision 17/04/09
|Author:||administrator [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:15 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Forum Rules and Advice|
Eighth revision (Rule 3 changed) Please read (and apologies for the change)
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group