Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:05 pm
1. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and may result in a warning or, as a last resort, banning 2.
2. Remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated.
3. The administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to the administrators and moderators and not users.
4. Please do not act as "back seat moderators". If you note an issue which contravenes the rules, or have an issue with the forum in general, please PM a member of the 'K Team' Do not respond to such topics yourself.
5. Before starting a new thread, please use the search function at the top of the page. There might be an existing thread that covers what you want to talk about.
6. Please post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, or use 'txt spk'
7. Do not unnecessarily 'bump' threads.
8. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging. In addition, anyone PMing other members in an inappropriate manner, or continuing to PM when they have been asked not to, will have their membership of this forum terminated and their action reported to their isp as appropriate.
Please remember. People on the internet are not always who or what they seem to be.
If you are at all concerned about the real identity or motives of a forum member, please do not hesitate to contact a member of The K Team.
9. Please do not stray 'Off Topic'. Remember, this is NOT a chat room.
10. SPECIAL RULE Kristelles Space is "A Quiet place for thought and contemplation." NO political discussion is allowed. If you want to discuss politics, then use ChitChat.
Avatars, signatures and photos
1.Please don't use avatars wider than 200 pixels 3.
2.The forum will not allow you to use photos wider than 700 pix, so please re size any image accordingly. If you need to show a large image, please use the thumbnail option in your image hosting package. For your convenience there is a link to Imageshack at the top of the forum.
3.Photos in signatures :- Do not have more than 2 lines of photos, each up to 700 wide, and in total no higher than 250.
If you haven't a resizing program, or it's too complex to use easily, then download and install http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm Its a free photo resizer, and very easy to use.
Having a separate 'Downloads' sections makes it look like The 'K Team', EMI, and KT officially approve of the sharing of Broadcast Recordings and out of print CD's. As this is obviously not the case, and unless/until official approval can be obtained, the Downloads section has been removed. 4.
The Internet is a great place to have fun, but some people may try to use this for their own more dangerous purposes. Remember, people in chatrooms and on message boards may not be who they say they are. You can't hear them or see them so you don't really know if they are telling the truth.First Revision 04/04/07
Unfortunately, you cannot automatically trust anyone you meet online. Have a look below for advice on how best to protect yourself and make sure your on-line experience is fun and exciting as it should be!
This guide is really aimed at younger users of the Website but the advice may be just as applicable to adult users.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 ALWAYS TELL A TRUSTED ADULT
If you are under 16 you should always let your parents or legal guardian know that you are using a message board or chatroom.
DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You should never give out the following information about yourself:-
* Full name
* Telephone number
* Mobile number
* E-mail address
* School name
* Log-in password
Also think about your friends and family. You should make sure you don't give out any of this information about them.
Second Revision 18/06/07
Third Revision 23/09/07
Fourth Revision 20/10/07
Fifth Revision 17/07/08
Sixth Revision 02/08/08
Seventh Revision 06/01/09
Eigth Revision 17/04/09
Last edited by James1 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:46 am, edited 13 times in total.