All times are UTC

Post subject: Halloween gig Dublin! 31st Oct 2016
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:33 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

Alright, so I'm just gonna go on like old times...

It was utterly, UTTERLY grand. I don't think there's many times in my life that I feel happier than during these gigs. I really wished there could've been more nutjobs!!

So... this time it was just me and my pal from Amsterdam going. Thank god she's just as mental as I am (she would've made a perfect nutjob :lol: ) so she was totally up for the dress up! We tend to be a bit late for everything though, always, and like so, had to RUSH like mad to get our makeup done. Plan was to arrive at the venue around 5pm but that sorta turned into us getting there just after 6pm. By that time our room looked as though a bomb had gone off though... But, sorrow for later, we had business to attend to!

So after some prespiked cokes and stuffing ourselves with half a pizza each 10 mins before doors, we found ourselves front row and ready to go!! Whoop!! :D

First up were BRAIDS. I thought they were fantastic. Music to completely lose yourself in and the drummer :smt007 But actually all three, SO good. Well impressed and I definitely recommend a listen if you're into more alternative music.
They were also zombified and the lead singer told us that KT had done makeup for ALL band and crew members herself. Well impressive. It was really good, she had done some proper blood teared eyes!

Then up came... First: Madonna... (Rachel) then Denny and Solomon (but I forgot who they were dressed up as as I didn't hear what she said :oops: ) and then this little red ball of energy came moonwalking onto the stage: KT as none other than...

...MICHAEL JACKSON!!! Bloody brilliant.

They even styled her hair in little curls. She was like 'Well Dublin, you for sure can't say I didn't put in the EFFORT!!'. Afterwards she told me she felt like one of those little pageant girls :smt005 By that time she had lost all other makeup except her hair was still like that :lol:

I got a vid of them all coming on stage but unfortunately the sound on my phone is broken so it's a mute video :roll:

They started off with a couple of DF tunes, first If Only (I think, I'm rubbish at remembering this stuff) and then she proceeded with a story on how she got called out by the friendliest rockstar on the planet (rockstars being the theme of the evening), that being Dave Grohl of course, who yelled at her that 'the first track of her second album ROCKED!!' and how that was reason enough to start playing Little Favours right then and there.

It was well funny, during the gig they kept playing eerie tunes and such. And everytime KT wanted to go on with her story they'd play another. And another :lol:
She then went on meandering about how people exist who have jobs that involve developing scary sounds. And they'd be like 'Oh I need a low scream. Who can do a low scream? Yo, Neil (or someone else, I don't remember), get in here!! We need your screams'. And then also how there's people who invent the names that are given to nail polishes and such. Obviously she had some brilliant ones as examples.
Also somewhere in there she said her sound guy had once called MIAGT the song with the seal in it. And at first she'd been like, Seal? As in, the singer? But he meant the backing vocals sounded like barking seals!! Then she fired him on the spot. (no she didn't :lol: ) But she did start playing MIAGT :wink:

Then during Hold On, when going into Walk Like an Egyptian she's always going like 'who likes... jazz music? Who likes... heavy metal?!' and when that one came, she was like 'Well obviously you do!' at a guy dressed up as either Slash or one of the Kiss band (not sure which) :p

Then it was time for the scariest moments that the band had gone through. Madonna's one was... Kissing Britney :lol: As she had foul breath, incase anyone was wondering. Denny's was... running into Liam Gallagher and Solomon's I forgot. I'm sure it will come to me again.

Around halfway into the show she stopped and took pride in creeping out the crowd by, very slowly, taking out her scary contacts one by one. They were quite scary indeed actually, I couldn't really see where she was looking when she had them in... Which is kind of uncomfortable being up front :lol: And she really didn't look like KT with them at all! It was definitely a good disguise!

KT again told us about how she moved to Venice and was just chilling and walking around when she heard HER song being played with some added solo guitar riff and how she peeked through the window, gave the guitarist a wink and a wave and he put up his chin :smt005 Not recognizing this 'weirdo of a woman' outside making faces at him hahaha!
She then did Black Horse WITHOUT A BLOODY GUITAR RIFF AS IT WAS NOT IN IT TO BEGIN WITH and guess what...
Halfway a BANANA none other than Chris her TM came running across the stage hahaha!! He looked well sexy with his yellow tights on :smt005

Sometime after BHATCT she was pointing out some of the crowds on their costumes as well and also the 70 year old lady on the balcony who had a wicked finger flick doing the 'no no's' during black horse :smt018 :lol: That was SO funny.

And there was a couple behind us with contacts just like hers, they both had one in, they looked quite cool and KT was impressed with how environmentally friendly their outfit was that way.

Then she called out my friend who was dressed as Freddie Mercury!! Obviously she said it would've been real funny had she been there at Belfast as well as KT had had the exact same outfit (like, seriously, what are the ODDS?!) and then asked whether she'd also had so much trouble finding the perfect Freddie moustache :lol: My pal was quite embarrassed hahaha, which I think was a first. Had to laugh my head off really!!

And then she went and commented about my Ziggy outfit and actually said something like 'Love the Ziggy you did there Kim'. Which I think had me nearly fainting!! Never gonna forget that ever :smt052 I was actually quite impressed at how quickly she recognised me, I think it was as soon as the photographers had left in front of the barriers!
Coolest of all was that then she pointed at the balcony left from the stage. There was a Ziggy mask stuck to a post. Then she went to tell us that that was where her mum and friends were sitting and they ALL had Ziggy masks!! So MYRIAD ZIGGI indeed!!! She had to convince them to put the masks on though at first, it was dead cute.

And... SHE DID TWO WAY!! :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
Together with James Bay. Errr. James with a new do. As in Solomon in a wig :lol: She asked us to squeal whenever he had a solo line, which was funny, but I was also well impressed at how he managed to hold his tune with all the noise!! At the same time I hope I get to actually hear what he's singing at some point as well. Better keep us silent in London :D (or get the actual James Bay. I'm still rooting for that!! In spite of Solomon's great performance of course!).

Other songs she did were: SAW, SMF, Funnyman, Evil Eye, ITMSLTGHBHIA, OSOTW, a GORGEOUS rendition of Invisible Empire, Run on Home ( :smt026 ), Hold On (incl Walk Like an Egyptian :smt007 ), Hard Girls, Fade Like a Shadow, THE MOST ROCKIN' VERSION of The Healer.

God god god I love that song so much!! xss29 It was a bit weird though as I'd done a faux hawk with my hair and had put in so much hairspray that while head banging, nothing moved AT ALL :lol: Which made me feel a little naked!

She finished with none other than SIS of course. It was so much fun. And she seemed to thoroughly enjoy herself as well, as did her mum standing up. It was just grand.

Afterwards we waited for only half an hour maybe? It didn't feel that long, with a bunch of others. It was well good to see her, got a couple of enthusiastic hugs and we had a girly chat about our outfits of course :p Apparently she was quite impressed with the facepaint and loved how shiny it was. Tbh I was just glad it even sorta looked like the pic I used as I threw it on in about two minutes! As I was just chatting away about watching 'some gig' via periscope, KT was actually trying to figure out who to sign the cds for that I was holding (we weren't the last ones in line actually). I was so out of it though she basically had to pull them from my hands until I realised she'd asked me something :oops: Whoops... And the worst thing is that I brought her a little something and I forgot to give her that too!! Oi. Hopefully I won't forget in London if we're lucky enough to see her then.
Also, got some exciting news about some happenings in London... Which I don't think I can share publicly here but if anyone does want to know beforehand, find me on FB, Twitter or Whatsapp!

Anyway, chatted some more and then it was time to leave. Got a pic of the three of us, then a big hug again and a pic with bananababe Chris (which was hilarious, me taking a bite and my pal licking said banana :lol: ) and we were off. What a buzz. And I never stop being amazed and thankful at how genuinely happy she is to see her fans. It really is heartwarming. As well after the show but also during when she's just having fun with every single one of us and truly having a good time herself too. I just love these little moments where she sees you sing and dance with her and she must know right then she's the one making us have SUCH a good time. It's what makes her a better and more special performer than anyone else I've ever seen perform. It truly is a gift!!

NB. OMG I forgot the shoe story!!! Obviously for her outfit she'd gotten some shiny loafers... from... A KIDS school uniform shop :smt005 And she then went to have a go at the mums who do such a thing to their children. Who BUYS THESE SHOES?! As obviously they were horridly out of fashion. She was like, 'if I had been wearing these shoes in school, I'd be having lunch by myself everyday!' And at the end of the gig she threw them in the crowd, after having a sniff to see whether that was safe :lol:

Tbh, after slashing someone's head open with only a kazoo she doesn't seem to have learned much from that incident when proceeding to throw shoes at her fans :smt005

(by AM Photo Star - https://www.facebook.com/AMPhotoStar/ )

Last edited by Kim on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Halloween gig Dublin! 31st Oct 2016
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:52 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

Hahaha.. Kim, great review. I'm so glad you shared so many details. It's nice to know a bit more of how the night went since I couldn't be there. That KT is a riot. You really have to be on your toes and listen closely so you don't miss any of her hilarious comments. Thanks for making it feel a bit like old times!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:04 pm 

^ My absolute pleasure Lisa!! I miss the forum really, which makes me feel so old fashioned at my 27 years actually :lol:

The details are the best aren't they? They're quite hard to remember at the same time though! I'm sure I've not even posted half of it. But at least it's something :wink:

I hardly think anyone is gonna read this actually but I just copy it and e-mail it to myself. I've got this little KT gigs folder in my e-mail from years back when I thought the forum would die out. I saved all the reports in there and I actually found it back by accident in the summer.

Such a hoot to read them though - So I really wanted to keep this tradition going!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:42 pm 

That is one amazing and crazy gig review Kim - well done you! :-) I don't know how you can remember so much detail. :-) I recognise some of the KT stories you mention from her recent Manchester and Liverpool gigs, she certainly was on form at those too with the banter. Also well done on getting a mention at the gig - well-deserved I would say.

Who knows you might have kick started something on the forum again? 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:09 pm 

I actually forgot... the random fact!!!

*drumroll*

So, apparently, when mating, male octopuses actually cut/bite/pull off their 'bit', throw it AT the female. And hey ho! They then just grow another one!! :o :lol:

The level of testosterone...!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:12 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

haha.
Great field report Officer Kim.
Reading that felt a bit like 2008 again :shock:

^my solo project innit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:50 pm 

Kim wrote:
^ My absolute pleasure Lisa!! I miss the forum really, which makes me feel so old fashioned at my 27 years actually :lol:

The details are the best aren't they? They're quite hard to remember at the same time though! I'm sure I've not even posted half of it. But at least it's something :wink:

I hardly think anyone is gonna read this actually but I just copy it and e-mail it to myself. I've got this little KT gigs folder in my e-mail from years back when I thought the forum would die out. I saved all the reports in there and I actually found it back by accident in the summer.

Such a hoot to read them though - So I really wanted to keep this tradition going!

That's great that you still have all those "records"! I wish I had done that. What I really wish is that I had kept a journal of my most recent nutjob adventure and made a nice recap of it here. At this point I've forgotten all the little fun details and I'm mixed up as to what happened on which night :lol: I may have to test my memory and see what I can come up with!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:18 pm 

^ You should Lisa!! And while you write, you'll find more will come back to you :wink: