All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Oct/Nov UK & Ireland tour 2013
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:28 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

You are both missing the point - it is not about how KT chooses to present her show whether a band or solo that is up to her - the point is ( which is a legal point ) is that the venue selling the tickets must make it clear what show they are buying a ticket to see ie band or solo - KT generally speaking appears with a band althought I accept she has done solo - so the legitimate expectation ( which is an EU legal principle ) of a person buying a ticket would be that she is playing with a band -that is what Brighton Dome told me when I enquired - the promoter of KT's tour has now advised the venue she is appearing solo so the venue has now advised ticket holders she is appearing solo - the venue is offering refunds to those who were told by the venue she is appearing with a band - if u don't want a refund and are happy she is playng solo no issue - if ur not happy u can get a refund - geddit now!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 am 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

Oh dear, we're just going round in circles.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 am 

Yes lets stop this!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
Okay!

Nat wrote:
Oh dear, we're just going round in circles.

circles and circles
got to stop spinning
circles and circles and circles again
thought I was over the bridge now

Sorry.
Private Tori joke :wink:

How much days does KT have left in 2013 for extra dates in Europe?
I am DYING :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:16 am 

She doesn't really tend to tour in December, does she? We may be looking at early next year.

However, I am toying with the idea of a trip, and the longer it takes to announce the more likely that is :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

After Live London I got the impression it was a solo tour anyway.

I will regret not being able to say "Hey Kenny, how you doin'".
And I do miss Luke's drummin'.

But the focus is KT. I like the solo versions better than the album so far,
except for maybe Feel It All.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 pm 
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi

I'm in Ireland for KT's three shows here this week so stay tuned for my reviews full of witty banter! :smt023

Not sure how the debate about KT solo versus KT with band came up but I can assure my fellow nutjobs that KT made the right decision to go solo on this tour. You just couldn't appreciate her vocal range and layering on so many of her new songs if a full band were present. Just sayin'.

Will anyone be in Belfast to have a drink tonight? :smt039

I'll be the guy in black/brown leather boots (with cool rivets) and a black leather blazer who looks like he's undercover security. :smt021

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:09 pm 

DavidESQ wrote:
I'm in Ireland for KT's three shows here this week so stay tuned for my reviews full of witty banter! :smt023

Not sure how the debate about KT solo versus KT with band came up but I can assure my fellow nutjobs that KT made the right decision to go solo on this tour. You just couldn't appreciate her vocal range and layering on so many of her new songs if a full band were present. Just sayin'.

I'll be the guy in black/brown leather boots (with cool rivets) and a black leather blazer who looks like he's undercover security. :smt021

An American in disguise maybe? :lol:
Have fun!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:29 pm 

Yep! An obnoxious American in the front row, no less. :smt023

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:19 pm 

I'm looking forward to following the reviews of the continuance of the tour in UK and Ireland! KT blew me away earlier this month in the US and I'm sure it will be no less incredible there!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 pm 
No-name Mandolin from eBay
No-name Mandolin from eBay

DavidESQ wrote:

Hey David...Just wondering how the gig went tonight?? Hoping to get to the Olympia gig tomorrow in Dublin....did KT have any support playing before her??
Hope you enjoyed the gig.
Joe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:41 am 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

Looking forward to the reviews too! Hope all who were in Belfast tonight enjoyed themselves. :mrg:
I already can't wait for London on the 17th. :smt026

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:06 pm 

Hi guys and gals, if anyone remembers from my "KT Week in the UK!!!" posts a few years ago, my “reviews” are pretty much random thoughts. So if you want a play-by-play of everything KT played and said…I’m not your guy. :smt018

The first thing that surprised me about Ulster Hall in Belfast was that it was NOT sold out. I don’t know how many people Ulster Hall can hold but there were at least 100 empty seats including the balcony. How is this possible? :smt017

One of the cool things about Ulster Hall, however, was that the lighting projected a huge shadow of KT against the far wall so human-height KT watched giant-height KT play all night! I thought about taking a photo of the shadow but I decided that turning around and taking a flash photo would annoy (and confuse) the people behind me so I passed.

A bunch of people were dressed up for Halloween but not KT. She applauded those who made an effort and explained that she didn’t think dressing up "with a knife coming out of her head" fit with playing songs from the heart. But then her stage crew, Dave, tossed her a rubber horse head! It wasn't scary-looking (more cartoon-ish) but she told the crowd that she was one the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" and this was their chance to take a photo and tell people she wore a horse head all night. Sure enough, she put it on and posed for pictures. :smt023

Having seen KT a zillion times, I (and all of you) could predict what song was coming next. :wink:

Later, she played a new cover song for the first time…“Default” by Atoms for Peace. Google it and you’ll see why this is a ridiculously complicated song to cover. Even after hearing the original, I have no idea whether KT got it right! She warned the crowd that they wouldn’t be able to sing along and she was most definitely correct.

At the end, the crowd cheered for an encore but didn’t stand up. Is this a Northern Ireland tradition? I’ve never seen an audience cheer for an encore while seated! Despite the mixed message, KT clearly understood the intent and played a terrific encore ending with Chimes as she did in the US. On to Dublin tonight. :smt035

Last, the most random thought of all. Does anyone else listen to the music KT has playing before she comes on stage? It's usually something catchy and this tour she doesn't disappoint. Do you know "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings? It really gets in your head!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:25 pm 

I may have 1 or 2 extra tickets for Dublin tonight. Send PM soon if you can put them to good use!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:10 pm 

DavidESQ wrote:

Last, the most random thought of all. Does anyone else listen to the music KT has playing before she comes on stage? It's usually something catchy and this tour she doesn't disappoint. Do you know "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings? It really gets in your head!

Thanks for the blurb Dave!

It seems in DC there was a familiar 'country-ish' tune playing. I noticed it at the time but
can't recall specifically what it was other than thinking KT may have spent too much time in Tuscon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next