All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Forum, Bath - 10.09.11
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

OH LEEEEEEE. You are getting a kick up the butt next time I see you!! You be sure of it mister!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

I can't help it. I was not build to let things die apparently! Sometimes one just needs help from others though.
And like I said to Teena, I spent like half an hour writing that, you can't go, read it and not comment, that's plain rude!! :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

As my servant, do you not mean 'master'? :-D :p

Ahhh, it's just that stubbornness of yours coming through again :lol: And you've got your comment now, be happy :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 pm 

Andy L wrote:
Kim wrote:
Then before the encore (everybody kept clapping like mad) the door backstage was open and we could see a shadowy figure (Trave) just hopping up and down, which really looked quite comical, as she appeared to be just as excited as all of us were, which was really cool! :lol:

Everyone loves Trave! The amount of times she's listened patiently to us complaining about our accommodation... :lol:

She got a brief rundown of scottish insolvency law from me as well :lol: She was asking about my work.

Also, she said she loves the arches and I was like 'you go to the arches..?!" and it came out far more surprised than I intended it to but she just found it funny :lol:

This gig felt proper old school. Maybe it was the setlist, i'm not sure. But lately there had been a bit of a shift and meetups etc didn't quite feel the same. It was brilliant for everything to be back how it belongs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:16 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Who is Trave?

(At the risk of having my Nutjob title revoked.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:23 pm 

^ Tour manager? :smt023

Nat wrote:
Andy L wrote:
Kim wrote:
Then before the encore (everybody kept clapping like mad) the door backstage was open and we could see a shadowy figure (Trave) just hopping up and down, which really looked quite comical, as she appeared to be just as excited as all of us were, which was really cool! :lol:

Everyone loves Trave! The amount of times she's listened patiently to us complaining about our accommodation... :lol:

She got a brief rundown of scottish insolvency law from me as well :lol: She was asking about my work.

Also, she said she loves the arches and I was like 'you go to the arches..?!" and it came out far more surprised than I intended it to but she just found it funny :lol:

This gig felt proper old school. Maybe it was the setlist, i'm not sure. But lately there had been a bit of a shift and meetups etc didn't quite feel the same. It was brilliant for everything to be back how it belongs.

^ I say, let's have more of these!! :D
Maybe it was also us staying in the pub longer rather than queueing from crazy pm? We can easily do with a bit of less queueing normally as well and just enjoy ourselves during the day to make more of a proper outing from it. Five is early enough really.

I nearly said I agreed to the old skool bit but then realised that I never actually were there back then!! Which seems kind of strange now :lol:
I just lived them all through the forum really - It's mental how it can seem to have really happened though (for me too anyway). Was just chatting with Andy about which song she used to open with for the ETTT gigs, and I actually knew without thinking that it was either OSOTW or APTF even though I've never been at one!! (for Werchter '05 I missed the beginning of the gig)

Andy L wrote:
As my servant, do you not mean 'master'? :-D :p

Ahhh, it's just that stubbornness of yours coming through again :lol: And you've got your comment now, be happy :p

FFS stop making me look ridiculous!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:28 pm 

Kim wrote:
FFS stop making me look ridiculous!! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Nat wrote:
Andy L wrote:
Kim wrote:

Yeah I heard the tone of surprise in your voice :lol:

I agree about this being an outstanding gig - for me, it was because everyone knew it was the end of an era (last full gig with this lineup) and they seemed to put that bit more into the performance, to go out on a bang :smt023 (Have written a full review which goes into much more detail but am not sure where to post it yet, the tone of it doesn't really suit the forum!)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:30 pm 

Kim I didn't necessarily mean pre-Tiger Suit. I felt there was still this kind of feeling around Cambridge and London last year. But in the february tour it went a bit different I felt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 pm 

Hmm yeah, that's true. By then it definitely had gone downhill, especially Manc was kinda odd for me!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:36 pm 

It just seemed like people were a bit split. Didn't meet up beforehand, queueing for ages, didnt all stay in the same place after. At Manchester specifically I mean.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:40 pm 

Aye. Well, let's just not do that again shall we? :lol: I think the problem is solved now anyway!! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:42 pm 

I don't remember anything particularly off about Manc in Feb? We queued for ages, sure, but we were all in the same general area when queueing and had got a few drinks in at the union bar next door beforehand? I guess we didn't stay together after getting stuff signed but I'm sure that's happened at plenty of other gigs in the past... and besides, it was pretty wet and miserable :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:45 pm 

I'm starting to wonder if you're confusing stuff Andy!! The drinks were just half the group my friend...
But nevermind, like I said, it's just good times from now on, we shall not be divided by anyone ever again. :smt052

Awww. Don't I sound like a cheesy soul from a cheese country? Bless.
Now I fancy some though. Crap!

(I don't have any)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 pm 

Kim wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if you're confusing stuff Andy!! The drinks were just half the group my friend...
But nevermind, like I said, it's just good times from now on, we shall not be divided by anyone ever again. :smt052

Awww. Don't I sound like a cheesy soul from a cheese country? Bless.
Now I fancy some though. Crap!

(I don't have any)

:lol:

But wasn't that because some of the group were coming from Newcastle the night before (and worse for wear, naming no names *coughNataliecough*) and got into Manchester a bit later? Although it's very likely indeed that I'm also confusing stuff :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 pm 

No idea what you're talking about, I was as fresh as a daisy..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:56 pm 

^ Don't even try. I saw the pic when Ang got it signed :lol:

Andy, you were just distracted by creme eggs and buckies I bet!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next