All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:56 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

HEY GUYS!

All I can say is AWESOME. Photos to come later but it was an almighty set. Lady T rocked it out to the max!

Random Fact (we got 2!):
A cat's purr is the same frequency as Barry White's voice.

I can't remember the other one in full.... something about ipod earphones and bacteria :smt017

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:00 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

^HAHA. That's interesting to know. :)

Looking forward to your photos, videos, reviews and stuff! Bring them on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:48 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

little taster...

rest to follow shortly once they've uploaded!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:57 pm 
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi

awww... that's such a sweet picture!! :o Seems like it's taken outside the gig venue?

Do share other snapshots if you can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:04 pm 

Aww, that photo made me smile! More! More! More! :D

Post subject: AMAZING!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:38 pm 
Tiny Tim's Ukelele
Tiny Tim's Ukelele

WOW! What an AMAZING gig!!

It was a bit odd because it was a 'sit down' affair in an old theatre but eventually people found their feet and brought as much energy as KT and the band.

To sum up in one word AWESOME!!!

Here are my snappy snaps!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Kat2008 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Here are some snaps..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:51 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Also got this signed:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:07 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Couldn't get the review but KT made front page of the local newspaper :smt023

Last edited by annalsmith on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:43 pm 

^ COOL. Anyone care to scan it? :D

Found this review online:
http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/ev ... 3A06%3A893

Quote:
Power-packed KT gets them rocking
09 April 2008 | 11:30
Your view Got a story?

KT performing at the Ipswich Regent
KT performing at the Ipswich Regent
Review: KT Tunstall - Ipswich Regent

THE Regent was fully sold out for the return of Scottish singer KT Tunstall and there was an expectant buzz around the crowd as KT has a reputation for a great live show.

But first there was the support act. Maudlin singer-songwriter Teltur gave us a handful of songs in his moody, awkward delivery. He has a nice voice but he is a little too sombre for me. A wag in the crowd shouted for him to cheer-up and he did indeed play a happier tune, his tribute to Louie Armstrong. He got a nice cheer for this.

After the break KT Tunstall took to the stage in white jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black waistcoat. When she stepped into the spotlight she looked every inch a rock star. She started the show with a couple of warm-up rock tracks which were well received. For her third song she played her hit “Other Side of the World” which got the crowd going and by the end of the fourth track they were all on their feet.

KT Tunstall
KT Tunstall
Although KT is only small, she owns the stage, seems to fill it. She has a fantastic warm persona that draws you in so you just have to like her. Gaps between songs are filled with amusing stories such as becoming number one in the line dancing charts.

For this tour she has moved away from the more acoustic sets and has with her on stage a very strong band which gives her a full rock sound that was nicely mixed so that you could hear all the individual parts. She also used the full range of the Regents light show to emphasise the songs. The highlight of the evening for me was “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree” which was the first KT Tunstall recording I ever heard. She used a series of tape loops to build up the different parts of the song which she then sang over. This is a really clever thing to do live on stage and it brought the house down.

There is something uncomplicated about her songs; they are very accessible pop. The crowd sang along with her on “Hopeless” and on “Another Place to Fall” she again used tape loops to become her own backing singer. Her live version of “Beauty of Uncertainty” was whipped up to be almost anthemic.

The last song of the set was “Suddenly I See” and again the whole crowd was on it's feet dancing and clapping. I think it's this reaction that enticed the band to come back out onto the stage for a three song encore. We certainly all went away very happy and feeling we had got good value for money. If you didn't get to see her last night then try to get to Thetford Forest on 6th June. You won't be disappointed.

Kat and Anna, those pics are excellent! :smt023

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:13 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

FOOOOOOKKKIIIINNNN' BRILLLLLLIIIIAAAAANNNTTTT

So, got dropped off at the Regent by my mum at 3-00pmish, and saw..KT's coaches inside the car park...aaarrrggghhhh..thought i...bloody missed her...welll.....i then walked to the stage door, where i got chatting to the security guy, and he wasn't sure if she was there or not....then....out came ARNIE...so we had a little chat (check out ARNIES new moustache....), and then i met LUKE and SAM quite briefly..Then about 5 mins later, out came KT..she came over and we had a nice chat, and i got some items signed (there's something new then!! :lol: )..and i have to say how healthy and radiant she looks..she looks so good, and seems so relaxed, and has been very excited about her year so far...and i got a looksie at the ENGAGEMENT RING...very nice too, Luke you old smoothie you...

Anyway, went to the pub afterwards to meet up with my big sis, and we made our way to the Regent at 7-00pm...no need to rush cos its a seated gig...cool...

Went to our seats which were 3rd row from the front, and a brilliant, clear veiw to the stage..i like these seated gigs...good on the old legs you know..anyway, met up with Annalsmith and her sis, who sdat directly in front of us..what are the odds on that...

So the gig....at 8-00pm a guy called TEITUR comes onstage, and starts to sing a song with no musical accompaniment at all..now..the guy has a good voice..but my God write some cheerful songs mate..just dont listen to his music if you're 1) standing on a cliff top 2) holding a noose in your hands 3) holding a loaded gun in your hands...as one member of the audience yelled out.."play something cheerful mate"...so he did..well..it was more cheerful than what he had done...but..he had a good rapport with the audience and got a good ovation...

then at about 8-45pm, the lights dimmed and KT bounced..yes..bounced onto stage to a great roar..she started with LITTLE FAVOURS, still a classic live, then MINI DISASTERS, OTHERSIDE OF THE WORLD, where she spoke about Ipswichonians only goping out with other Ipswichonions...then a brilliant rendition of HOLD ON,which got the place a-rocking...WHITE BIRD slowed the mood down a tad, and then FUNNY MAN, after which the band left the stage, and KT dedicated the next song to her best mate who was in the audience, a brilliant BLACK HORSE AND CHERRY TREE, without doubt to most there, the highlight of the gig..then THROUGH THE DARK, with KT on keyboards, she said " ooh might make a mistake back here", and promptly did!!..but still a lovely song..the boys and girls came back on stage, and they did ASHES, Lukes mums fav song apparantly...then HOPELESS, UNDER THE WEATHER, BEAUTY OF UNCERTAINTY, ANOTHER PLACE, an excellent IF ONLY, SAVING MY FACE, where she said if you're gonna have plastic surgery, have a large hand or big knee done!!...and the rocking SUDDENLY I SEE...the place went mental..just brilliant...

the band came back on for the encore and played UNIVERSE, STOPPING THE LOVE and a well good I DONT WANT YOU NOW...

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT...and ARNIE clocked me in my seat and gave me a wink and nod too.. :lol:

it was the first time my sis had seen her, and she said she was brilliant...

i couldn't agree more.....11 out of 10.. :smt023

i think that was KT gig number 20 for me???...oh well roll on Hammersmith!! :D

PHOTOS AND STUFF.....

RANDOM FACTS BY KT...

1) "DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU GET 700% MORE BACTERIA IN YOUR EARS DUE TO THE HEAT OF YOUR IPOD HEADPHONES"

2) "DID YOU KNOW THAT A CATS PURR IS ON THE SAME FREQUENCY AS BARRY WHITES VOICE"

ME AND KT...

SETLIST..CHECK OUT THE 5 TH SONGS TITLE.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SHOW TIME..

My sis has got some good photos so when she send s them to me i'll upload them..

ANDY B... :smt023

Last edited by Andy B on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:26 pm 

^ White turd... :shock: :smt005
Sounds like you had a splendid time! It's so true, no one ever leaves a KT Tunstall gig without a satisfied smileo on their face. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:29 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

..I think it was KT gig 21 or 22...i've no idea.....or was it 19????

ANDY B... :smt023

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:37 pm 

*jealous*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:47 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Thanks Anna, Kat & Andy for the reports and pics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next