All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 2010 Forum Awards - Voting closed!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
*Titch* wrote:
Sexiest Female Member: Tied vote: KT and Phoebe (*Tunstall road*)

I know someone's going to wet herself for being voted as sexy as KT :lol: :mrg:

Well done to all the winners and those who organized it! :D

(and to react briefly to what EG said, it's true that facebook and twitter being new community sites have changed the relationship some may have with this forum. I, for instance, don't have a lot of free time on the web (well, not enough), so the time I spend on twitter or FB is the time I won't spend here.... but since I use these for being in touch with some forumers, in the end, it doesn't affect my relationship with them, I think. But people who are "new" around here won't know me much. And thats probably for the best :p :lol: )

Post subject: Re: The 2010 Forum Awards - Voting closed!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

*Titch* wrote:
Best at Arts:Tied vote: Megs (megs123) and Elfy

Woohoo! First time I've won anything, albeit jointly. Nice one, cheers dudes, and well done Megs.

Post subject: Re: The 2010 Forum Awards - Winners on Page 5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:25 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

Thanks Cyn, Sherry and Claire!

Congrats to the winners!! :smt023

About the other topic being discussed here. I think once KT starts touring again (next month?)
there will be more activity again. Hopefully people will stick around more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:02 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

The Bloodied Cyclist wrote:
Hello Steve, I must have missed you joining while I was away between October and now, so a belated welcome!

As much as I agree with Andy that this place ain't quite the same as it was in the glory days of 2005-2008, I'm seeing enough familiar faces coming back this past few days to feel less pessimistic about things. Quite frankly, I think the major tech probs from the EMI hack and then the hugely user-unfriendly redesign just put a load of regulars off. Once word spreads that you can use it as before, just by changing the preferences, more of the regulars will return. But in this world of Twitter and Facebook, forums like this will struggle a bit, because forms of 'net communication appear to have moved on (and not for the better, really).

TBC.

Thing is i dont use twitter or facebook..i find them ..well........i'll not say...but maybe if Miss T came on here and chatted more with us (yes i know you're busy KT), but every now and then, it would be good for the forum..remember, this forum was the main chatting area for all KT's fan's...

ANDY B... :smt023

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:43 am 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

^Agreed. And I simply will not use Twitter or Facebook as well because they are....well...I'll not say either!

TBC.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:46 am 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

This may be partly my fault :lol:

She updates twitter/facebook daily or sometimes a couple of times a day. She replies and chats to fans on it.

She told me she doesnt have an easy way to get onto the forum (basically there's no app for it :lol:) and i was like "its fine, we all prefer you being on twitter and facebook anyway" :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:42 pm 

Pfft, yeah we ALL prefer that... *looks daggers at Nat* haha...

You should tell KT to get off her iPhone anyway for her health.....tsk.

TBC.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:38 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:12 am 

Obviously it's a very personal choice to use, or not use, Facebook/Twitter. But for consideration you should understand that is really how *most* artists are communicating with their fanbase lately. In some cases, it's really cool because some of my favorite bands are posting pictures of their concert from the prior evening. One thing that is nice is not having to keep searching their websites for their tour announcements. Now I automatically get tour announcements through Facebook.

KT has shown us her personal side with her FB entries. It's cool to see what she impulsively gets a charge out of on a daily basis. I still laugh at the reflection of her in an airport model (the 50' Tunstall monster.) Her post count on this forum was something just north of 100 count. She has easily surpassed that since being on FB. Also, she has made it clear that she reads the stuff posted to her on FB.

With that said, I appreciate interaction with fellow Nutjobs. You don't really get that on FB generally. I am not "friends" with most that are here. So yeah, I enjoy the "community" aspect of being a nutjob but I believe the best direct communication is via FB/Twitter (the latter I have not signed up for yet.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:25 am 

Nothing is going to make me use them; no matter how cool and current and interactive they are supposed to be. I understand why people want to be involved with those places (sadly), and why acts make the most of their immediacy (they'd be mad not to..and with KT's genuine love for randomness it makes some sense for her to do so), but it ain't for me. I never was one for following the crowd. That's not the kind of stuff I'm interested in. A few years ago everyone had to have a Myspace page. Then before that everyone jumped on the www bandwagon. Besides, I've always seen KT's posts here as a brucie bonus; it may be her forum but I don't expect or demand her to take part necessarily. It's just nice if and when she does.

(And she REALLY ought to kick the iPhone app addiction....)

BTW, I can't seem to use emoticons in this thread (no idea why!), so excuse the "dryness" of my posts...

TBC.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:50 am 

I guess I am not adverse to new stuff, probably because I have been employed as an Engineer in the high tech world since the Apple II (oops, just dated myself.) I managed to avoid the MySpace though but FB offers communication with friends and family that I would not ordinarily communicate with. I really am not good at phone conversation.

Really? No emoticons? :smt017

:smt005 :smt026 :smt041 :smt043

Last edited by STPK on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 am 

You know I'm wagging my finger disapprovingly as I type this! Haha.

TBC.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 pm 

Well I joined the forum this year, despite following KT's music since 2004, as I thought it would be the best place to get information in the world of Tunstall....I never really have done forums/message boards and only started on Facebook in 2009.

I think this is why I'm still an infrequent poster.....I'm never sure whether I'm gonna write something that really is gonna annoy folk. I read many a thread but don't often pass comment - plus I have to wage a war on getting internet access when it's a communal laptop at home that is hooked to the web!

I like the nature of the forum and when I've managed to get a few bits of information regarding Miss T (such as the Abbey Road Radio 2 gig) I wanted to spread the word here rather than to the FB stratosphere. It may seem selfish to think that only forumers are "proper" fans - but I wouldn't have wanted any old Tom, Dick or Harry to get tickets to Abbey Road ahead of a nutjob who would really appreciate the experience more than the casual fan.

Apols if we're off topic! :? :?

Sheff - Jun 06, Leeds - Oct 07, Wolves - Apr 08, Sheff - Apr 08, Wolves - Oct 10, Newcastle - Feb 11, Manchester - Feb 11, Leeds - Feb 11, Stornoway - Jul 11, Bath - Sept 11, York - Nov 11, Edinburgh - Nov 11, Glasgow - Nov 11, Glasgow - Sept 12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:14 pm 
Tiny Tim's Ukelele
Tiny Tim's Ukelele

congrads everyone :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:46 am 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Apologies in advance cos I'm about to go xss13 ....but first, I'll say congrats to everyone who won and thanks to whoever voted for me.

The Bloodied Cyclist wrote:
I understand why people want to be involved with those places (sadly), and why acts make the most of their immediacy (they'd be mad not to..and with KT's genuine love for randomness it makes some sense for her to do so), but it ain't for me. I never was one for following the crowd.

TBC.

That last sentence I put in bold rings true for me.

I must be one of the few Gen Y folk who hasn't signed up to either Facebook or Twitter, namely cos (a) I'm verbose at the best of times, so Twitter wouldn't help :lol: and (b) I have big issues with how FB handles security in general, not just with what info you provide. If it weren't for the latter, I'd probably be on FB communicating with all my friends - that's the only reason why I would use it. I do feel sometimes like I'm missing out a bit, but like TBC said, I've never been one for doing something just because everybody else is. Each to their own I say and I certainly don't knock those who use social networking sites.

KT Tunstall wrote:
Go for it lads! Ping their hair-bands into their eyes and come back victorious!
I still consider getting wasted as an artistic pursuit.
Music, too, can be a route out of places too dark to stay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next