All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: Being single
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

I'm bored of being single now and having my fun. Need to find someone and grow up :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm 

*beep* being single

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm 

Oh and *beep* creating monsters too. *beep* that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:19 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

I've just had a "romantic" shop at Tesco's.

Blockbuster DVD movie...Check.

Expensive bottle of wine...Check.

Bouquet of yellow and white roses...Check.

Girlfriend...ah, dang it. I knew there was something I didn't have... :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:24 pm 

No one will talk me out of watching the Notebook. The dvd is in my laptop as I type. It's only a matter of time before I press play :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:54 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Oh Eimear :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Single again time to sit in my house and listen to OSOTW for hours :lol: so back to the GF wanted sign round my neck I think

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:11 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

They do seem like useful signs... I would laugh so much if white boards caught on :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:12 pm 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Watch out nutjobs, here's a rant:

I hate couples right now. All their public hand holding, kissing, pashing, touching .....ARGHAKFGALSDKGRFTOEWFGJCB! :smt013 Was out last night and got subjected to this older couple getting their pash on and the guy touching his lady's butt, right near where me and my friends were sitting. Felt like shouting out GET A ROOM! :lol:

All this sh*t just makes me feel even more lonely and unloved by the opposite sex...and wondering when the *beep* is someone going to reciprocate my feelings or want to hang out with me or you know, be interested enough to call me once in a while. Unlike the guy I mentioned months back (the one who called me mate), who yesterday gave me the same bullshit excuse he did last time for not being able to come out last night....and who will never call me or bother to take an interest in me or want to hang out with me. Shame, cos I think he's missing out on getting to know a decent person IMNSHO. Not to sound arrogant, but it's the only thing I can think of to say without getting any more upset or angry about it. His loss, not mine.

KT Tunstall wrote:
Go for it lads! Ping their hair-bands into their eyes and come back victorious!
I still consider getting wasted as an artistic pursuit.
Music, too, can be a route out of places too dark to stay.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:19 pm 

I understand your feelings about couples kissing... while you're close to them. Friends of yours or not. I always don't feel at ease at this moment, you know for example, if they are friends of yours, you speak to them, everything is fine, and the very moment comes, when they kiss, touch. And I look anywhere, but not in their direction. And when it's couples I don't know it's kinda worse. And I feel the same despair wondering, if one day somebody will look at me, as they look at each others. But finally, they have the right to do so, it's just that doing that, they remind us that we're alone.
The couple you're talking about seems to be a bit less unassuming....

About the man you told us about, I think you should stop phoning him, texting him or anything else. He knows that you like him. Just let him phone, text you. Let him come forward (I don't know if I use the right verb...). I know how you feel... I've lived the same situation. Finally we're just friends. But at a moment, I decided to stop calling him, wanting to know if I was as important to him as he was for me. And it worked. I had to wait, but it worked.

I hope I help you (even a bit) =)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:11 am 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

I refuse to go any further than a quick kiss in public (and even then it's usually only when I'm saying goodbye to someone) because I know how much it annoys me seeing other people being overly affectionate in public. I was at the cinema last night and a couple were getting waaaaay too touchy-feely during X Men :shock: Why they couldn't wait until they were somewhere more private is beyond me :roll: I'm not even crazy about holding hands (which long-distance relationship guy couldn't deal with :lol:), it generally gets on my nerves after a while. But then so do most people :p

About the guy you mentioned, I personally think that if you've asked him to come out and he's not, he should ask you out next time to make up for it. Does he know you like him though? Maybe he called you mate because he doesn't know where you stand and he might be worried that if he acts like anything more than a friend you might turn him down because you don't feel the same way. I don't know, I probably shouldn't give relationship advice at all :lol: But the right person will be out there for everyone somewhere :wink:

But I'll stand my ground, and I won't back down"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:50 am 

stripeykat wrote:
Does he know you like him though?

He doesn't and he won't find out either. Have decided not to contact him again...if I run into him (which isn't that likely since we don't live in the same area), I'll be polite though.

KT Tunstall wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:32 am 

For all you single folk out there, a question:

How often are you hassled about being single? Have you got people in your life who are well-meaning about the subject, yet put their foot in it, or have you got people on your back all the time or not at all?

Reason why I've asked is cos I've realised this afternoon and into this evening just how sensitive I am about my long-term singledom. A family friend of mine kept broaching the subject & despite telling her to politely "back off" (as well as mentioning twice that I get embarrassed whenever someone brings up the subject), it just didn't seem to sink in & I went home from her place rather upset & uncomfortable about the whole thing. I know she meant well, but it hit a painful/raw nerve, especially when she starts trying to play Cupid in front of company (2 women with babies) I've only just met by asking them whether (a) they have any eligible males for me to date and (b) once one of the girls thought of a guy (her Catholic brother-in-law), suggests to me I ought to date him, despite me thinking I want no part in it & I can handle my own affairs thanks very much.

I know I'm not being pro-active at all about ending my singledom, but right now, all I want to do is focus on getting me back on track in terms of my life, not on finding a man. Half of me is like "whatever will be will be", yet the other half is depressed about my perpetual man drought & would give anything to be in love right now. *sigh*

KT Tunstall wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

The worst place is my office, one girl is single and theyre setting her up with anyone they can think of to save her from singledom. Theyre very much like "if you dont have a partner your life isnt worth living".

They think ive been seeing someone the whole time ive worked there. I tell them i dont like to discuss my relationship :lol:. I dont think they need to know about my quite casual love life. I have been seeing someone but its nothing serious so i dont feel the need to tell them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:09 pm 

Oh but ive never brought a guy home, so my family are pretty convinced im a lesbian.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next