All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 80  Next
 Post subject: Being single
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:55 pm 
So seeing as I'm desperately out of practise at this, how do you do it again? :mrg:

(Stick with me folks - part of this is quite genuine!)

Does anyone on here just hit on randoms, or do most of you tend to hit it off with "friends of friends"?

My boss has already tried setting me up on a blind date with her friend's little sister who would apparently be perfect for me! Sheesh!! Give a guy a chance to get over a broken heart, huh? lol. :lol: The thought of going down the pub and on the chase again makes me feel a bit sick actually...

I'm completely lost this weekend! Not even joking! Valentines..... I guess I could go stand outside some Glasgow restaurants, and look in with big, sad eyes? :lol: Try + upset all the loving couples?? Sounds quite fun actually.

Post subject: Re: Being single
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:57 pm 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Single? Sorry to hear that chap :smt056

I'm too scared to hit on anyone :lol: I'm scared of rejection and get extremely nervous/embarrassed around fit people, I just can't communicate with someone I find attractive. Being single again terrifies me :lol:

I know I want it all, wish the sky would fall on me

You and me, always, always

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:03 pm 
I've a friend who is so scared of rejection, I've not seen him hit on anyone in 7 years! Now that is FEAR!! :o

I dunno, I think you have to take a risk sometimes. Life would be a dull ride if nobody ever took a risk....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:10 pm 

Stephen wrote:
I've a friend who is so scared of rejection, I've not seen him hit on anyone in 7 years! Now that is FEAR!! :o

I dunno, I think you have to take a risk sometimes. Life would be a dull ride if nobody ever took a risk....

I am the biggest shitbag ever :lol: I'm painfully shy when meeting people. Especially if they're yummy :roll: I don't think I've ever approached someone with the intention of even trying to pull. EVER :lol: !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 pm 
Give it time rasta, you'll get confidence from somewhere. Trust me on that one, please.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 pm 

Stephen wrote:
Give it time rasta, you'll get confidence from somewhere. Trust me on that one, please.

It's alright (at the moment anyway :lol: ) I don't need to go pulling :mrg:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:28 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

So, is it better to have loved and lost than to never have at all?

Or, is the owner of a lonely heart much better than the owner of a broken heart?

#You're every move you make, so the story goes...# :smt017
What on earth were Yes on?

^my solo project innit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:16 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Location: A cottage cheese cottage, between the make believe trees, in the marmalade forest
The Judist wrote:
So, is it better to have loved and lost than to never have at all?

Hard to say...I fell in love and it had to end, which totally crushed me, to the point where I am no near terrified of getting close to anyone. I went out with a girl two weeks ago and haven't called her since...that's how scared I am.

So...I think that quote is a little ridiculous. But that's just me. I'm not a pessimist, it's just that I feel my life would be almost better if I had never met her and fallen in love, because then I wouldn't fell that crushing feeling.

OK so basically, when it was over and done with, it wasn't worth the original love because I've lost her and still love her, but she doesn't love me.

This is turning into a rant...so sufficied to say, it is not better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

What a crummy valentine's day this will be... :(

Shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

I've had plenty of practice :lol:

Still have chronic shyness and reluctance to make ANY move whatsoever. If the lovely lady I met late last year hadn't been the one to do anything, I'd still be single :roll: :oops: :lol:

EG.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:59 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Stephen wrote:
So seeing as I'm desperately out of practise at this, how do you do it again? :mrg:

(Stick with me folks - part of this is quite genuine!)

Does anyone on here just hit on randoms, or do most of you tend to hit it off with "friends of friends"?

My boss has already tried setting me up on a blind date with her friend's little sister who would apparently be perfect for me! Sheesh!! Give a guy a chance to get over a broken heart, huh? lol. :lol: The thought of going down the pub and on the chase again makes me feel a bit sick actually...

I'm completely lost this weekend! Not even joking! Valentines..... I guess I could go stand outside some Glasgow restaurants, and look in with big, sad eyes? :lol: Try + upset all the loving couples?? Sounds quite fun actually.

OK..why are you single..?..what did you do?

ANDY B... :smt023

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:06 am 

HopelessHayley wrote:

I'm too scared to hit on anyone :lol: I'm scared of rejection and get extremely nervous/embarrassed around fit people, I just can't communicate with someone I find attractive. Being single again terrifies me :lol:

I can relate Hayles! I am on occasion shy around people (I'm quite the introvert) - it gets worse when I'm around someone I've got the hots for, I turn into an absolute mess. Can distinctly remember in high school being embarassed to tell the guy I was practically obsessed with at the time (the crush I've spoken about the most on here) that our history teacher wasn't going to be there to teach our class that day...I'd worked myself up so much over it that I could feel my face burning as I said it and walked away with it still burning. One word - DORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK! :lol:

I was petrified of rejection for a while, purely cos I was fearful of being humiliated again by whoever I liked (it has happened before, albeit when both the guy and I were 12 years old!). I think I've kinda got over that fear now, I dared to go there again many years later (now older, still none the wiser) and ask someone out, sadly got rejected, but hey, at least I know I don't have to go through some sort of personality metamorphosis as a consequence. Could never go on the pull myself, I haven't got the self-confidence to do so (never have). I can't even approach a guy to dance with me at my dance classes, let alone do that!

Stevie, jeez, talk about being pushy - you've only just got out of a relationship and already people want to hook you up with someone? Whatever happened to letting people get over it? I say do something special for yourself on Valentines Day (that goes for all you singletons) - do something you don't normally do. I've decided I'll pamper myself at home and then either watch a whole heap of rom-coms or listen to some love/breakup tunes to get in the mood. Figured since I'm broke and can't indulge in retail therapy, this is the next best thing.

KT Tunstall wrote:
Go for it lads! Ping their hair-bands into their eyes and come back victorious!
I still consider getting wasted as an artistic pursuit.
Music, too, can be a route out of places too dark to stay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:56 am 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

Tbh, I'm totally confused by the whole hype over Valentine's day by singles, it's just a freakin' day like any other people..! (and even if I wouldn't have been single right now it would've still not meant a thing) It's way overrated in my opinion, if you are in a relationship, and you love someone, you don't need a day like Valentine's day to show it. I gotta say though that there's nothing wrong with using it as an excuse to pamper yourself :p :smt023

Anyway, I don't think I've got that much advice at all really, except that I think it'd be way too soon to get hooked up again by your boss, you're not even adjusted to being single again yet!! And it can be nice to be single for a while, I know I felt really relieved and free after a (for me) quite long relationship, it was a good feeling, it just takes some time to get used to it again :wink:

I'm quite the same as the people above here though... Only, I don't really fall for someone that easily, and especially not just someone at a bar at first glance, that's really not my thing. Once I kind of had a crush on a really good friend of mine, but I didn't dare say it to him cause A, I'm an allround coward and B, I was scared of losing a very good friendship. And that's not even talking about the fact that I could predict that he'd drive me crazy in a while even IF it'd 'work out'.
And nowadays I feel like I just don't meet that much guys that I could possibly fall in love with, I guess I'm too busy doing my own things to go out instead and meet new people. I do feel more confident about making it obvious that I'd like a guy though, just as long as he's not too good a friend already... I came to the conclusion that it would be a waste to not have tried at all, you never know right? :wink:

So... that's my story, not too interesting really :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

i haaaate valentine's day
when you love eachother, you love him/her every day, not only on valentine's day
it's just big bullshit :)

and being single is the best thing ever happened to me :p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 am 
I hate being single and I don't see any positives in it whatsoever. I've had very little relationship 'experience' (for want of a better word) and pretty much all the girls I've ever REALLY liked have never reciprocated... 'sexiest male' my arse. Not that I tend to meet that many girls anyway...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:43 am 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

Ah c'mon mate....if I were a girl....

OK I gotta stop starting my sentences this way :?

Seriously, I won't lie and say "being single rules, enjoy it" etc....cos it ain't true. But there are still many aspects of being single that are nice. And I'm sure that you'd rather be happily single than unhappily taken. Be patient :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 80  Next