All times are UTC

Post subject: KT Tunstall: I'm quitting music to work in movies
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:06 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

I think to be honest we knew this anyway but annoyingly because The Sun have changed their online section recently we can't see the rest without paying... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/bizsessions/5092726/KT-Tunstall-Im-quitting-music-to-work-in-movies.html

8/4/08 Ipswich Regent, 13/9/09 Harvest at Jimmy's, 19/10/10 The Junction, Cambridge, 17/11/13 Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, 28/11/15 Royal Albert Hall (Jools Holland), 10/12/15 BFI (Live score performance), 31/5/16 The Tabernacle, London, 6/11/16 Cambridge Corn Exchange, 9/11/16 Shepherds Bush Empire

Post subject: Re: KT Tunstall: I'm quitting music to work in movies
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 pm 
Tiny Tim's Ukelele
Tiny Tim's Ukelele

I've read the article, (I didn't pay to see it, if you enter a code that comes with the newspaper you can have access for free for a month) the interview is not as sensational as the headline. It says that KT is ready to take a break from making tracks and is going to concentrate her efforts on producing a feature length animated film instead.
KT said "I feel quite ready to have a bit of a break actually. I've written an animated film script to, that's the most fun I've ever had writing and I'm very excited to make that happen. I'm just going to concentrate on that, espesially after everything that's happened I just want to kick back and take some time out and live life."
So it sounds like it's just going to be a break, a chance to do something else, nothing to suggest she is giving up music forever!
The Sun also has videos of exclusive performances of Invisible Empire, Made of Glass and the Boys of Summer. There are also some nice photos of her.

There is also an article at the Daily Express website from August 11:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... ic-meaning

Here it says that KT is continuing to work on a soundtrack for an animated film and that she may branch out in to acting.

I'll take an interest in anything KT does!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:38 pm 

^Good!! Typical of the Sun to make such a dramatic headline! It is a shame we can't see those videos though... :(

8/4/08 Ipswich Regent, 13/9/09 Harvest at Jimmy's, 19/10/10 The Junction, Cambridge, 17/11/13 Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, 28/11/15 Royal Albert Hall (Jools Holland), 10/12/15 BFI (Live score performance), 31/5/16 The Tabernacle, London, 6/11/16 Cambridge Corn Exchange, 9/11/16 Shepherds Bush Empire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:57 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

Well, so I took one for the team and gave bloody Rupert £1 for a trial behind their paywall, but I've found no way to grab down these particular videos. Will keep trying!

Decent enough article as clearly she did the whole photo shoot/live performance/interview thing for Biz Sessions that she did at Tiger Suit time, with a headline that utterly botches what's actually in the article. Clearly, she's talking about just taking a break from the hamster wheel and taking on some side projects that are still at least somewhat music-related in the mean time, not "quitting music."

Well, there's a reason some folk boycott the Sun.

Lovely photos along with the article:

Z.