All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 84  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:31 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Natalie H wrote:
I feel the need to defend the NHS here Jess, but obviously I don't know all the facts and feel awful for butting in really at your time of grief. I would hope it wasn't as straight forward as the NHS killing your Nandad. I am sure that they were trying to act in his best interests. Some procedures are risky and unfortunately sometimes things go wrong, but hopefully the professionals were only doing what they thought best.
Sorry again about your loss and thoughts are with you.
P.S. I think it's a good thing for you to go to the funeral. I know it'll be tough for you but it's kind of closure and I be your Nandad would want you there. If it's any consellation I cried from start to finish, fairly loudly at times, through my grandparents' funerals. Not nice but grief has to come out and it's only human to get upset.

i can understand what you mean here natalie but on the twist side of things i completely understand jess more - its the nhs' fault my mother now has a life long illness and will shorten her life, unable to leave the uk after this yr (due tomajor operation - some sort of implant) and numerous months in hospital - not forgetting of course the 100+ times shes been in hospital over the last 15 years and all the 15 or more operations shes had. the theres my granda who was killed by the nhs due to giving the guy TOO MUCH medication which resulted in his organs failing and dying when really he only needed small doses of antibiotics.

Jess I know exactly how you feel and escpecially the anger you have with the nhs right now, all i can say is the anger side of things will soon fade but if you ever wana talk about anything im only a pm away and i think your very brave to go to the funersl but youll realise its the best option to take. :smt056

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:51 am 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

I appreciate where you're coming from Lynz, and I don't want to get into a big discussion about it, especially as I know that these are sensitive issues about you and your family that obviously mean so much to you, as with Jess.
I guess that as an individual working for the NHS I just felt kinda saddened that you were kinda holding us all responsible for something that really is isolated to one individaul circumstance, in one hospital with one team of people. I can't really comment on your personal experiences because I don't know all the circumstances.
All I guess I am trying to say is that it's a big thing to sort of hold the whole NHS responsible for individual events that have happened to you and your family. These are isolated incidents that hopefully don't reflect the whole NHS. I can understand though, why in times of grief people do look for someone to blame.
Anyway, as I say I just want to keep the peace but just felt the need here to slightly defend the NHS, which I work for, which I know at times isn't perfect, but is anything?!!!
I can say hand on heart though, that anything I do at work is always in the best interests of a patient and I always, always treat everyone as if they were a family member as that way, you can't go wrong.
God bless Jess and her Nandad, and Lynz, sorry to hear about your experiences.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:02 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

ah no worries Nat I have high respect for you and your job and your right, i worded myself wrong, i blame one specific hospital and more than anyone else i blame the consultant in charge for not spotting things soon enough.

im sure the nhs and staff are better over in england anyway :smt023

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:18 pm 

:smt023 :)

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:17 pm 
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18

Right you positive, thoughtful thinking lot....

My mum's uncle has been riddled with pain for a couple of weeks now, and went in to hospital a couple of days ago as it got even worse. Lots of tests have been done, and they have found a growth on the bottom of his spine. Which obviously doesn't sound too good, but they're not sure exactly what it is yet.

I ask you to send positive thoughts his way, if that's alright. He's just a very lovely man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:19 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

Lots of positive thoughts coming your great uncles way Megs :smt056

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:22 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

megs123 wrote:

My mum's uncle has been riddled with pain for a couple of weeks now, and went in to hospital a couple of days ago as it got even worse. Lots of tests have been done, and they have found a growth on the bottom of his spine. Which obviously doesn't sound too good, but they're not sure exactly what it is yet.

I ask you to send positive thoughts his way, if that's alright. He's just a very lovely man.

Done! Sending positive thought your way, including some soothing and healing ones! :smt056

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:22 pm 

Cheers guys!x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:50 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

megs123 wrote:

#

i'll say a wee prayer in the hope everything works out :smt023

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:25 pm 

Thanks so much Lynzx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:32 pm 

*prays for Megs' uncle* I hope it's not as serious as it could be... I pray your uncle makes a speedy and full recovery!

KT...I Love You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:33 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
My special positive and healing thoughts are sent to your Mum's uncle, Megs xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:38 pm 

Lots and lots of positive thoughts heading your way megs
xxx

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:08 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Oh, lots of good vibes from me Megs. Lets hope for 'good' news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:09 pm 

Cheers allx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 84  Next