All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 84  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:09 am 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Location: The desert... in which I was sweating yesterday... in winter...
I'm so sorry. I know what it feels like to lose a loved one. This year we've lost our cat and my great grandad. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending happy hugs!

xx Rachel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:21 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

I'm so sorry to hear the news of your grandfather, Jess. Nothing can really prepare you for a loss of someone so close. My thoughts are with you and your family. If you ever need to talk to someone (often i find it hard to talk to fellow family members about the death of loved ones.....thinking that i need to be strong for them), you are more than welcome to post here or chat with me! Hang in there! :smt056

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:29 am 
So sorry to hear about your loss Jess :( x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:57 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

I'm so sad to learn of your loss Jess! My thoughts are with you and your family at this terrible time! :smt056

I completely understand how you must be feeling right now as i was in a very similar position with my Nan back in 1999. She was my best friend but she died suddenly after a heart attack. We went to the hospital and she was in the ICU, the doctors were so confident that she would pull through. At about 10pm my mum took me and my sister to the canteen to get some food and when we got back 20 minutes later, she was gone. Nothing prepares you for it, at the time it felt like nothing in the world made sense, and would never make sense again! But you get through it. I will never forget my Nan. She died 8 years ago and i still find my myself talking to her like she was here. It wont feel like it now, but it will get easier! I promise you! I am thinking of you Jess! :smt056

Claire xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:09 pm 

So sorry to hear this Jess, I hope you and your family can help each other through this really difficult time, and that you nandad can find peace in a better place.

xxxxx

You've got a vampire on your neck, everybody knows what happens next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:03 pm 

:cry: remembering how painfull it was, for me, makes me want to give you a HUGE hug, for as long as you need! How are you feeling today, Jess?

^I talk to my grandparents, still, too, and it has been 13 years since my Grampa passed and 8 since my Gramma passed. I love going to thier grave and blabbering like I do.

When my Gramma passed, it's quite a happy story actually. She lived to be 98 years old and when she died, in the hospital, she had 5 books by her bedside! :o :smt023 But she lived out of town and the nurses called and said we should go say goodbye because she's mighty sleepy. When we got there the nurse had to shake her and yell to wake her up (my dad and I were thinking "OMG should you be shaking her like that?! :lol: ") but she had to wake up. So, she barely opened her eyes long enough for me to hold up my daughter, beside my face, she smiled, then closed her eyes again. She died the next day, but it was so nice to see her smile, even though she knew she was dying. My dad cried (well wiped his eye) when she smiled. :cry: Grandparents are such a blessing and you're a lucky girl, to know that, at such a young age. Alot of young people these days(I was one of them) take elders for granted, when they have all the knowledge. It's rather amazing really.

I hope you and your family are coping ok. :smt056 My thoughts are with you.

KT...I Love You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:14 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Gosh, Jess.. I'm so sorry to hear that :( Never having lost anyone, I can't really say I know how you feel. But what I do know is, your Nandad knows your a strong girl, and he'll be watching you just now. So enjoy life and he';ll be happy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:22 pm 

Big hugs Jess. xxxxxxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:27 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

:smt056 Oh Jess. I am in shock. Take good care of yourself and your family, and if you want to chat you know where I am

RIP Jess' Nandad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:26 am 

Oh Jess i'm really sorry to hear that, you posted about him lots so i know how much he meant to you. Thinking about you :smt056

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:16 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

Sorry for your loss Jess, hopefully things will get better for you and your family soon, it's terrible when a loved one passes away. Just remember the good times and i'm sure he's in a better place.

My condolences again.

xx

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:17 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Thanks again everyone x

We learnt today that if the NHS hadn't put the camera in him he wouldn't've died. The results were all clear. He had hepititus in his liver, but that's not what killed him. What killed him was the extremely risky thing the hospital were doing when they put the camera through his neck. In other words, it's the NHS that killed him. :cry: :x

The funeral is later on this month. It's going to be on my nan's birthday. I've decided to go. It's going to be tough, burt I know that's what he would want..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:24 pm 

I feel the need to defend the NHS here Jess, but obviously I don't know all the facts and feel awful for butting in really at your time of grief. I would hope it wasn't as straight forward as the NHS killing your Nandad. I am sure that they were trying to act in his best interests. Some procedures are risky and unfortunately sometimes things go wrong, but hopefully the professionals were only doing what they thought best.
Sorry again about your loss and thoughts are with you.
P.S. I think it's a good thing for you to go to the funeral. I know it'll be tough for you but it's kind of closure and I be your Nandad would want you there. If it's any consellation I cried from start to finish, fairly loudly at times, through my grandparents' funerals. Not nice but grief has to come out and it's only human to get upset.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:49 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

They should've at least done it earlier on, rather than wait until he was in the state he was. And plus, everyone was telling them not to do it. Yet they done it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:53 pm 

Well, I can't really say anymore because I don't know exactly what was what. Sorry again anyway Jess x

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 84  Next