All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Reflection Room
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:33 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

Well we had Jessie's funeral yesterday. I knew my Mum would be cut up because her Aunt did so much for her & her brother when their Mum died, but bloody hell! I know everyone cries at funerals (it's natural) but when Mum cries it makes me worse!

I got up yesterday morning and when I went into my living room, a smell hit me! it was the weirdest thing!!! The smell of Jessie (my mums aunt) was in my living room on the day of her funeral! You know how people have their own smell..... well.....
Was a wee bit odd at the time, but as the day went on, and it rained (and apparently when it rains on the day of a funeral it means the person is at rest) I knew Jess was at peace. (Might seem a bit airy fairy to some, but I believe in these things...)

Thoughts are with all of you who have lost someone rcently. And, as always, thoughts are with Kristelle's family.

xxoxxoxxoxx

Mis wrote:
Claire rules, the end. :D
Eimear wrote:
you're a genius Claire!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 am 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

I just need to get this out of me, and i figure here is the best place.....

It's 3.47am and i can't stop thinking about my school friend who was killed in Afghanistan this weekend. But it's weird because we weren't actually that close, we were never great friends, we knew each other at school of course, we were in the same english class for 2 years and he always "borrowed" my pens, but we finished our GCSE's 5 years ago and i haven't really seen him since then. Yet i can't stop thinking about him. It's such a waste, a waste of a good life, a good person, a good son and brother, a good friend. This is exactly why i HATE this bloody war.... too many innocent people are dying! Too many families have lost someone, too many friends have lost someone, and what's it all really for? I just don't understand it. There's a family 8 miles away from me in mourning and i can't even understand why. Apparently there's a "reason" to this war but i don't see it. I really don't see it. :smt009

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:53 am 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

:smt056
I agree with you whole-heartedly Claire. I don't see the point in any war. :smt009
I hope you feel better soon, I had a similar experience when a sort of friend of mine at school died in a house fire. :( We weren't very close, but it just made me think about things. :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 am 

No matter how close or not to him you were, its still one hell of a shock. Of course you will be thinking about him a lot. Its only natural. *hugs* Take care of yourself and remember, grief can play funny tricks on you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:04 pm 

Thank you Deak, thank you James! :smt058 I'm feeling better today, it all just got to me last night.

I was already feeling bad about the previous 4 soldiers that were killed so far this month, so when i heard another had been killed, and then realised it was Richard, it just felt so personal.

But, here's hoping that the new President, and this new found state of actually respecting humanity, will get the armies out of the war zones asap!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10