All times are UTC

Post subject: Lincoln Theatre, DC September 28, 2013
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:23 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

I decided to open a separate thread so all the gigs don't get lost in one thread.

Sorry I missed the Philly gig, but couldn't make it up there Friday night.

Set list (edited - missed White Bird):
IE, Carried, White Bird, OSOTW, Funny Man, Yellow Flower, Through the Dark, BHATCT, Alchemy, Feel it All, Boys of Summer, and Made of Glass.

With an encore of Crescent Moon, Suddenly I See, and Chimes.

Got to the Lincoln Theatre at 6:30 but the doors didn't open 'til 7:00. The Lincoln Theatre isn't very far from the 930 club where she has performed before. We met a guy while waiting that said he has been to 50 KT gigs. How does that compare to Nat? My wife had the idea to bring KT some flowers. We last saw them being taken to security so don't know if KT got them or not.

Brian Lopez opened at 8:00 for 40 minutes. He is a great musician, wish him the best. There were quite a few people that skipped that part and showed up only for KT. I think that is to their loss.

The place was filled to capacity when KT came on at 9:00. The IE//CM backdrop is great. She pretty much followed the set order of Islington less a few songs. It was fantastic to finally hear Through the Dark live, in person :mrg: . Those that have been to more of her gigs may have already seen this but it was funny that she used an actual Kazoo for BHATCT. :lol:

All in all it was a fantastic gig. As I mentioned in other threads, her live version of Chimes outshines the CD version. The sad part of the evening is that she did not come out to greet us after the gig. It could have been a number of reasons but most likely it is there was no place for a meet and greet other than the sidewalk in front of the theatre where her tour bus was parked. Saturday night in DC with all the clubs isn't the best place for that. A bunch of us were hopeful she would come out and it would have been nice for someone of the staff to say something.

Sorry about no pictures, I was saving the camera for after the show and the few I took inside were no good. There was a local 'news' radio station at the gig. I searched but could not find a story posted about the gig posted yet. They do have a nice writeup on the album:

http://wtop.com/551/3411875/Review-Tunstall-eloquently-contemplates-mortality

Last edited by thewall on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Lincoln Theatre, DC September 28, 2013
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:57 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Thanks for the review :smt023

KT did come out after the NYC and Philly gigs --regrets you missed out in DC :?

SK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:05 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Nice review! I seriously think I would go listen to her just do a variation of "Chimes" for 90 minutes if given the chance. :lol:

Man, I'm bummed I didn't hang out after the Philly show now. Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:09 pm 

I really hope she comes out to say hello after the Nashville show. I've seen KT a lot and only a few times where she didn't come out after the show. One of which was Nashville.. so here's hoping!