All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: KT in The Americas - 2013
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:53 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

thewall wrote:
Went to the website. Can't order the 'pre-sale' Philly yet, only 'view' it.

The Philly 'Union Transfer' venue Website says tickets will be available noon (EST) today!

Really? Weird, I was able to get mine the other day. Maybe they've closed the presale now and you have to wait until tix are on sale to everyone? Oh well, only 5 minutes to wait. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:11 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

A show in DC on Sept 28th at the Lincoln theatre has been added. Got tickets!!!

This is a better option for this old man.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:24 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

NYC, Philly and DC (hat trick) :smt023

SK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:16 pm 

Count down!
2 days to the start of the US tour!

10 days to DC!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:02 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

I am beyond excited for this!!! 20 days until LA!
Bring on Oct. 11&12!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:20 pm 

Yep, only have to wait until Oct 5th. Sat night means it might be a rowdy night. Hope they are going to set a tone for a concert, not a bar band at the venue (it goes either way at this place from what I hear.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:23 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

So the Philly show was FAB last night. It was an early show - KT went on shortly after 7, and she was a bit discombobulated as a result. :lol: She started the wrong tune a couple of times, had to redo some loops, but there wasn't one person in the place who minded - we were all just so damn happy to see her again!

There was a calm and a confidence to her that was really awesome to witness. She was totally in her own skin - she wasn't KT TUNSTALL in marquee lights, she was Kate. Nice. My friends and I commented that she's hit that woman-in-her-late-30s-I've-figured-it-out-thing, which is where all of us are now, as well. (Well, ok, I hit the big 4-0 last week, but that's neither here nor there.) I loved seeing her do her thing solo again, as well. She was also g-d hilarious, as always.

Highlights for me - old faves, like OSOTW, Black Horse, Through the Dark, and SIS, but also many of the new tunes - great renditions of Feel It All, Made of Glass, and Waiting on the Heart. She also played Alchemy from Scarlet Tulip, which I adore. LOVE the Nashville tuning on that guitar. It sounded gorgeous in that room. The ultimate was ending the show with Chimes, where she looped her guitar, handed it offstage, and then just looped and looped more vocal harmonies, standing in front of the mic, moving to the music, snapping her fingers, totally exposed to the audience. That said it all, really. I hope she does another round (wishful thinking?) through here, as these songs are only going to get better on the road. I just wanted to give her a big hug afterward! :lol: It was fab to get to see her play live again.

My one and only critical point: I wish she would slow down when she plays "Crescent Moon." I LOVE that song, and I feel like she's playing it too fast live, like a schmaltzy Broadway number. I want to hear the tenderness in it like you can on the record. I want it to melt into the walls of the hall. Maybe there's a reason she plays it differently live, but I wish it were softer.

Brian Lopez is AMAZING. He looks like a young Lindsey Buckingham and sounds like Jeff Buckley. He's a tall, strapping lad with a gorgeous, gentle voice, and Mexican-influenced classical guitar tunes. I really enjoyed him and will be picking up his album.

Also, I got to hang with Keith, my ol' KT concert-going buddy from back in the day, and it was like old times. I miss the groupie days. LOL

You guys who have yet to see her are in for a treat!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:48 am 

Mis wrote:
So the Philly show was FAB last night. It was an early show - KT went on shortly after 7, and she was a bit discombobulated as a result. :lol: She started the wrong tune a couple of times, had to redo some loops, but there wasn't one person in the place who minded - we were all just so damn happy to see her again!

There was a calm and a confidence to her that was really awesome to witness. She was totally in her own skin - she wasn't KT TUNSTALL in marquee lights, she was Kate. Nice. My friends and I commented that she's hit that woman-in-her-late-30s-I've-figured-it-out-thing, which is where all of us are now, as well. (Well, ok, I hit the big 4-0 last week, but that's neither here nor there.) I loved seeing her do her thing solo again, as well. She was also g-d hilarious, as always.

Highlights for me - old faves, like OSOTW, Black Horse, Through the Dark, and SIS, but also many of the new tunes - great renditions of Feel It All, Made of Glass, and Waiting on the Heart. She also played Alchemy from Scarlet Tulip, which I adore. LOVE the Nashville tuning on that guitar. It sounded gorgeous in that room. The ultimate was ending the show with Chimes, where she looped her guitar, handed it offstage, and then just looped and looped more vocal harmonies, standing in front of the mic, moving to the music, snapping her fingers, totally exposed to the audience. That said it all, really. I hope she does another round (wishful thinking?) through here, as these songs are only going to get better on the road. I just wanted to give her a big hug afterward! :lol: It was fab to get to see her play live again.

My one and only critical point: I wish she would slow down when she plays "Crescent Moon." I LOVE that song, and I feel like she's playing it too fast live, like a schmaltzy Broadway number. I want to hear the tenderness in it like you can on the record. I want it to melt into the walls of the hall. Maybe there's a reason she plays it differently live, but I wish it were softer.

Brian Lopez is AMAZING. He looks like a young Lindsey Buckingham and sounds like Jeff Buckley. He's a tall, strapping lad with a gorgeous, gentle voice, and Mexican-influenced classical guitar tunes. I really enjoyed him and will be picking up his album.

Also, I got to hang with Keith, my ol' KT concert-going buddy from back in the day, and it was like old times. I miss the groupie days. LOL

You guys who have yet to see her are in for a treat!

it was ALL THAT :smt023

How did I miss you?

SK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:19 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

We snuck in RIGHT at doors, SK. It was a bit of a tight schedule - I didn't get out of work as early as I'd hoped. Next time!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:57 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

Great review Mis! So glad you got to experience Chimes, that ending is just magical isn't it?! :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:01 pm 

I was third in line so got front row center. Best use of a vacation day this year :D

Alchemy and Chimes were my favs on this tour :smt023

Love hearing IECM songs live.

SK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:12 pm 

Excellent review Mis as always. It only makes me more excited to see her tomorrow night in Nashville!! I've been overdosing this morning on the new album gearing up and my obsesso'ness, if that's even a word, has kicked into full gear! I even dreamt that I was at her gig in my sleep last night! Yep, KT is touring again! :lol: I plan to leave work a bit early because it's quite a drive to Nashville. How long did the opener play? The ticket says doors at 6:30 and show at 7:30.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:58 pm 

^In DC Brian Lopez played for about 40 minutes, then a 20 minute break before KT came on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:59 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Can't wait to hear about your experience, Lisa! Also, thanks to you for sending me this link of a review of the Philly show:

http://thekey.xpn.org/2013/09/29/kt-tun ... d-emotion/

Has some nice pix. I LOVED the suit she was wearing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:50 pm 

thewall wrote:
^In DC Brian Lopez played for about 40 minutes, then a 20 minute break before KT came on.

Good, this makes me feel better just incase there is heavy traffic.

Mis, happy to share! I thought it was a terrific review :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next