All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: KT at Epic, Downtown Minneapolis, MN November 18th, 2010
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:19 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

Wow. Those are amaaaazing pics!!! Absolutely LOVE the second to last one of Charlotte, you should post it on her FB, it's such a great shotl!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:20 pm 
No-name Mandolin from eBay
No-name Mandolin from eBay

Hey! Thanks for all the compliments!! Happy you guys enjoyed them :)

STPK wrote:
Those are some great shots and thanks for posting them up! I might actually have shots of you as I took some crowd shots over that way and I know there were some taking closeups.

For a point of reference, what music style do you prefer? I've got friends who are both ways, some that are total folkies who think KT is too much rock for their taste and some who are strictly thrash metal and only watch the KT links I send them because of the "hot chick". :smt043

Yeah there were actually quite a few people in the front with DSLRs, one was actually shooting for a magazine but I'd be surprised if you caught me on camera as I'm really short and there were really tall people around me lol.

As for my preference in music I listen to everything from Jewel, Tegan and Sara to Usher so basically anything besides metal. The week before KT's show I went and saw Eisley, Azure Ray and Red Pens in concert; all three very different from each other and from KT. I don't know what it was about KT but to me it just felt like something was missing. I watched her on youtube and definitely felt that her by herself without the band was amazing and different but with the band, it lost something for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:37 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

I understand your sentiment. I think everyone here enjoys KT doing her solo thing. For me, I am just fascinated by what she has cooking and am open to whatever she wants to throw our way. I love loud concerts and her band did not disappoint.

Think of what Neil Young's old fans from Buffalo Springfield and CSN&Y thought when he joined Crazy Horse for what amounted to the precursor to the grunge movement. There was not much acoustic guitar involved with that effort. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:34 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Some vids I took at the show (sound quality's not great, but seeing KT is always good :-D )-

http://www.humyo.com/GCxKJt/KT%20Tunsta ... AeCFBywc5c

Enjoy!