All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: KT at Epic, Downtown Minneapolis, MN November 18th, 2010
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:46 am 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

:lol: @the drumstick
And how rude of that front row not listening to KT! good on KT for telling them to shut up.

Thanks for the pics Paul.

Image Image

Patty =)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:25 am 

Big props to KT for telling those girls to shut up...unfortunately this happens a lot at gigs (or at least at some of the gigs I've been to), where people start talking during the ballads/slow songs. It is really annoying/rude and I'm glad KT had a word to them cos it had to have been distracting! I thought for a minute there that they didn't heed the message :roll:

Must also add....God I :smt007 the new version of Heal Over, never get sick of hearing it!

KT Tunstall wrote:
Go for it lads! Ping their hair-bands into their eyes and come back victorious!
I still consider getting wasted as an artistic pursuit.
Music, too, can be a route out of places too dark to stay.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:21 pm 

Thanks alot for the reviews. :smt023

I really wish I could have been there. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 am 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

I can't elaborate more, Paul and Patrick have done a great job of relating the evening. I will post up a couple of crowd pics when I figure why my internet is running so slow, its been problem for a while now. Asking the fans to not talk for one song was interesting, I can see how that would be really distracting if they're right in front like that. It got me wondering too about flash photography, I was going to ask her about that after the show but forgot. KT signed two CD's neither of them for me (gifts) she did give me an autograph on a bookmark though and posed for a pic.

Patrick, it was nice to have someone to hang out with after, while waiting for KT. I might not have stuck it out by myself. Paul once commented that it feels like it would be intrusive to KT to do this and I agree but still, I'm glad I did wait and KT is tolerant so I guess its okay.
Paul, we would have loved to have had you stay. In all there was only 6 of us waiting. In the cold. Freezing cold. Even as much as the evening was about KT's show it was good to see you guys again and look forward to the next time, I hope it;s soon. And Paul, I wish you could have met my son and his fiancée but they kept appearing and disappearing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:42 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

henryporter wrote:
Paul once commented that it feels like it would be intrusive to KT to do this and I agree but still, I'm glad I did wait and KT is tolerant so I guess its okay.
Paul, we would have loved to have had you stay. In all there was only 6 of us waiting. In the cold. Freezing cold. Even as much as the evening was about KT's show it was good to see you guys again and look forward to the next time, I hope it;s soon. And Paul, I wish you could have met my son and his fiancée but they kept appearing and disappearing.

I've been rethinking this attitude (of being an intrusive fan.) It's more because of my own hangup over having people invade my own space (Jehovah's beware :twisted: ) It also is due to reading books about Bob Dylan, Jim Morrison and John Lennon, who were all affected to some extent by over enthusiastic fans :smt064 (John Lennon actually invited a guy in for breakfast to explain he is no different than any other man.) KT truly seems gracious toward her fans but I fear that one moment where she might be in a bad mood (it happens, she is human.) At the very least, we had nothing else going on after the show as we had to pick our daughter up from the Harry Potter movie at 2:30 am anyway. It would have been so cool to have met her at the wee hours in a freezing cold alley. :mrg:

BTW, she did end the show with the line, "See you guys soon!" :smt041

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:31 am 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

STPK wrote:

I've been rethinking this attitude (of being an intrusive fan.) It's more because of my own hangup over having people invade my own space (Jehovah's beware :twisted: ) It also is due to reading books about Bob Dylan, Jim Morrison and John Lennon, who were all affected to some extent by over enthusiastic fans :smt064 (John Lennon actually invited a guy in for breakfast to explain he is no different than any other man.) KT truly seems gracious toward her fans but I fear that one moment where she might be in a bad mood (it happens, she is human.) At the very least, we had nothing else going on after the show as we had to pick our daughter up from the Harry Potter movie at 2:30 am anyway. It would have been so cool to have met her at the wee hours in a freezing cold alley. :mrg:

BTW, she did end the show with the line, "See you guys soon!" :smt041

:lol: I never heard of John Lennon doing that, that's really bad!! It's interesting you mention 'being like any other' cause that's just the reason why I bother hanging around afterwards, I'm in no way interested in meeting 'famous people', it's exactly what I really like about KT though, when you meet you can just have a regular convo like with anyone else, even though sadly it's always very short!
And re the privacy/not being in the mood thing; I think there's ways for artists to leave without having to even see a fan. Or just leave and that's it. I don't think she feels like she 'has to put up with it' cause she obviously chooses to come out and see her fans lots of times and when she doesn't feel like it she doesn't have to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:12 pm 

You have a point there Kim, if an artist is in a bad mood, or just doesn't want contact with fans, they would take the steps necessary to avoid contact. I decided now I can live with waiting at a venue door and let the artist choose to approach me. I'll draw the line when they are with their friends and family.

The story about Lennon is that he had a particular fan that was hanging outside his property everyday. Eventually this fan started living in a garden just inside the fence and was clearly homeless. John invited him in for a meal and explained to the man he was just as ordinary as anyone else. That dialog was caught on film and included in a documentary I have on DVD. It's actually humorous as the guy was sitting there with big wide eyes and John was sort of miffed about the whole deal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:47 pm 

Fully agree with you there about friends/family. In June when she asked if we wanted to come for drinks after the gig we came to the hotel but she was just having a good time with her friends/crew, so eventually we ended up sitting at the bar across from the 'nice barstaff' ( :lol: they didn't like us very much) having a drink instead then just left cause we didn't want to intrude and such.

Can't believe that story man! The guy actually went to live in his garden?! That's fairly creepy to say the least :lol: Might have to go dig that documentary up somewhere, I bet it was pretty entertaining to watch!
I always find it very peculiar when people are so speechless or at least totally flabbergasted, around someone they admire. I know I'm a big fan of KT but I don't think you could ever catch me all wide-eyed (well except from excitement perhaps but that's mostly way too wide smiles!) and totally thrown.

Oh and Patrick, I guess it's all a bit of the same size venues then, rougly around 2000 people. I do kinda like that size best I think! For full band anyways, cause obviously I LOVED the pub-tours to bits!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:06 am 

Kim wrote:
Fully agree with you there about friends/family. In June when she asked if we wanted to come for drinks after the gig we came to the hotel but she was just having a good time with her friends/crew, so eventually we ended up sitting at the bar across from the 'nice barstaff' ( :lol: they didn't like us very much) having a drink instead then just left cause we didn't want to intrude and such.

That's hard to forsee. The other night at the KT show, a friend of STPKs was taking a photo and I didn't know if I was supposed to be in it or not and all I look is lost :smt017 . It was Paul his wife and his friends, I didn't know if I belonged. :smt021

I'm okay with meeting a particular notable after an event if you're a fan now that I've thought about it. That's how its done around KT and she has shaped this process. That night after the Epic show there were only 6 of us and KT was gracious, complied with all requests but was efficient, it was cold, damned cold and when I thanked her she told me she appreciated our waiting in the cold for her. None of us tried to engage her in conversation, a signed album, a pic and we were all happy to be headed to someplace warm. It was worth it though and I'm sorry Paul didn't stay (I keep rubbing that in :smt064 ). The other really good part about after the show was hanging out with Patrick and getting to know him a little better, the conversation kept my mind off the cold and the exicited chit chat walking back to the cars after we met KT. Really it was all part of making a great evening. :smt023

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:52 am 

henryporter wrote:
That's hard to forsee. The other night at the KT show, a friend of STPKs was taking a photo and I didn't know if I was supposed to be in it or not and all I look is lost :smt017 . It was Paul his wife and his friends, I didn't know if I belonged. :smt021

I'm okay with meeting a particular notable after an event if you're a fan now that I've thought about it. That's how its done around KT and she has shaped this process. That night after the Epic show there were only 6 of us and KT was gracious, complied with all requests but was efficient, it was cold, damned cold and when I thanked her she told me she appreciated our waiting in the cold for her. None of us tried to engage her in conversation, a signed album, a pic and we were all happy to be headed to someplace warm. It was worth it though and I'm sorry Paul didn't stay (I keep rubbing that in :smt064 ). The other really good part about after the show was hanging out with Patrick and getting to know him a little better, the conversation kept my mind off the cold and the exicited chit chat walking back to the cars after we met KT. Really it was all part of making a great evening. :smt023

Oh Jim, Dave and Darcy remembered you when we were at Sneaky Pete's and it was natural that you were part of our group shot. Darcy was too intent on getting my smile captured to remind you to look and smile.

Just keep reminding me for missing out. That way I will make sure I hog her space from you guys after the next show to make up for missing out twice now. :smt036

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:04 pm 

Thanks for the reviews/reports/pics.

As long as the artist is willing I say "let 'em wait" :lol:

SK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:06 am 
No-name Mandolin from eBay
No-name Mandolin from eBay

Hey! New to the board, I would have posted earlier if the anti-spam question wasn't having problems but it looks like they fixed it so here I am!

So I'm gonna be really honest here and say, KT was great but just not the type of music I like. I love hearing new music and decided to go because I hate to say this but ticketmaster was actually giving away "complementary tickets". I got two free tickets and paid $6.50 for ticketmaster charges :shock: My cousin and I got in line at 7:45 and ended up in front row. We stood around for about 5 songs and then decided that we weren't too big of fans of her music, I would have stuck around longer if my cousin wasn't so insistent in leaving. But I decided to leave once I realized that there were so many die-hard fans there who would have LOVED to be front row and I felt like I was taking up space. Well after watching that video of the people talking in the audience, seems like I made a big mistake. We were actually standing right in front of those people and gave up our front rows to them. I have NO idea why they were so rude as they seemed to be such BIG KT fans. I mean really they seemed to love KT but I guess just not enough to be quiet during the show. Although I will say that the two girls were wasted and talked A LOT that she even told my cousin and I if she were being too annoying to just hit her.

I did take photos from front row and felt like they shouldn't go to waste, so here are some shots for you guys!
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:55 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

DAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGGG! :shock:
Those are some GREAT pics (especially that last close-up of KT :smt007 ), thanks for posting them! :smt023

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:14 pm 

Those are some great shots and thanks for posting them up! I might actually have shots of you as I took some crowd shots over that way and I know there were some taking closeups.

For a point of reference, what music style do you prefer? I've got friends who are both ways, some that are total folkies who think KT is too much rock for their taste and some who are strictly thrash metal and only watch the KT links I send them because of the "hot chick". :smt043

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:18 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
Oh, my, they're a bit good indeed :mrg:

Thank you for sharing, great quality :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next