All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: KT at Epic, Downtown Minneapolis, MN November 18th, 2010
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

thewall wrote:
Patrick looks excited! :D

Yup! :-D

Heading out in a few minutes...I'MSOFREAKINGEXCITED!!!!!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

See ya'll later! :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:13 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Dare I be the first? Well I figure Patrick and Henry Porter are still waiting for KT out the back door of the Epic so I will be the first to report in.

This is my first full bore KT band gig (recall we saw KT solo at a radio show gig in August). KT and the band did not disappoint! :smt041 It's going to take me awhile to fall asleep because I am still wound. I was slightly worried at first that she wasn't going to fill the venue but near the end of Hurricane Bells, the place was packed on the floor and all tables on the second tier were full too. The crowd was noisy was clearly ready to rock!

My wife promptly snaked up front while I chatted with Pat and James so we decided we better get up there too. I figure we were about 5 deep from the stage, close enough for me. KT came out and picked up her white Gretsch and BOOM, the show went full volume into Glamour Puss and never looked back. The band was loud and enthusiastic and the crowd was along for the ride.

I'll let Pat fill in the details since he is excellent at remembering the detail. All I can do is pass along that it was one great show and KT is an absolutely stunning performer (you already knew that but I have to say it anyway.)

Now....I have a juicy tidbit to share. Before the show we met up with some friends at a nice restaurant down the street. We were seated next to a booth in the corner with a reserved sign and I wondered to myself....what are the chances? Well soon a group showed up to take the booth and I noticed one had red hair....could it be??? Nah..... I told everyone at the table that the red haired gal sure looked like Charlotte and the guy next to her looked alot like Luke but I really couldn't see anyone else from my vantage point. My wife kept sitting up and peeking over the booth and whispered, "That's her!!! In the hat!!" Now up to this point, everyone was messing with me about meeting KT so I figured they were trying to make a mockery out of the whole deal to have fun with me. But then Rej stands up to remove his coat and I just about fell out of our booth. It really was the whole band!

We wound up very distracted through our meal and my wife kept threatening to pester KT but I told her that we are not going to pester them during their meal. My wife sat up a few more times for more peeking and then KT sat up a few times and peeked back our way (not sure why, maybe to see what's this strange lady doing?) We waited for them to leave and while they were getting their jackets on, I got KT's attention and said "Have a great show tonight!" She thanked us and asked us if we were going to be there and said "We'll see you in a bit then!" Now the sad part of this whole deal, I was too shy to ask for an autograph or a picture. :smt009 I'm probably going to regret that one for quite a while.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

I'll post the full report and more pics after I get a good rest, but here are a few from the end of the night-

:-D :-D :-D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:41 am 

This just popped up on Youtube. Pretty good quality. The person who took it was clearly featuring Charlotte. At 2:37 there is an incident where KT admonished this group who seemed preoccupied with constant yakking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-irUmxYsuiI

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:08 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

All right, here goes..

I got there around 7 but there was no one around the Epic yet, so I walked around the area for a while. Came back around 7:30 and some people were out there, so I got in line. The doors opened a few minutes after 8 (right before that, there'd been a few people farther back griping "Ticketmaster said show at 8, c'mon hurry up, it's cold!" :roll: )
Anyway, after being there for about 20-25 minutes, met up with Jim & Paul, and Paul told us his seeing KT & the band at dinner story (Seriously, how cool was that! 8) )
The opening act, Hurricane Bells, were pretty good. They were on for about a half hour. KT & the band came out at about 10 and proceeded to BLAST THE ROOF OFF THE PLACE!!!! :smt035 With each song, you could feel the building energy and intensity of KT & the band and the crowd! The place was PACKED!
Some moments of note-
When introducing Uummannaq song, she talked some about the arctic expedition and added "It still wasn't as cold as it is here!" :lol:
I loved when she referred to "Come On, Get In" as a "kicka** breakup song"! :lol:
In the intro for Black Horse, she told a story from when she was here back in 05 and was hanging out at a club next to the venue she'd just performed at. Looking out the window, she saw her bus start to pull away (only for going around the block) and suddenly realized "Wait, that's my bus! And I wouldn't have minded being left in the Kitty Cat Klub!" she said. "I'm sure you friendly people of this city would've looked after me!" :lol:
And the "Madame Trudeau" intro- "The night before his re-election and his wife runs away with the Rolling Stones!"
*pause for emphasis*
"Michelle Obama, night before the midterms, Eminem! That's what I'm talking about!" :smt005
And before "A Little Respect"- "I grew up through the 80's and I had this thing happen, a revelation where I thought the 80's was bad, and I look back a photographs of myself and I'm nearly sick...And then something happened to me, and one day I just thought, I love the 80's!"
*pause*
"Where is that skirt?" :lol:

Afterwards, we had an idea of where to try for a meetup, so me & Jim went around the corner to an alleyway entrance behind the Epic. We waited around there for a while, and then Jim had an idea. He took a look around the corner to the next block (by the pizza place where Paul saw KT & the band having dinner) and sure enough, that's where the bus was! :D
There were about 6 or so people also waiting around there. Soon, people started hauling equipment back to the bus and we saw Luke, Kenny & Charlotte with them. A little before 12:30, we saw Kenny & Luke approaching with the Lady T herself! :D
When it was my turn, I was quite happy to find out KT remembered me from the gig in August (seat right in the front! :-D ) and the forum! :D :D :D
I thanked her for another great show and she thanked all of us for coming and waiting afterwards for her!
On my way home, I was BLASTING KT music in my car and singing with more volume & intensity than I think I ever had before! I realized I couldn't go home to a completely silent house with this much adrenaline, so I drove around for almost an hour belting out KT music at the top of my lungs until I'd worked it all off! (And also didn't have much of a voice left either :lol: .)

WHAT.A.NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

And now some pics..

More on my Facebook-
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... =518357123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:58 am 

I just knew you would fill in the detail nicely Patrick. I'm amazed at the detail you can recall.

In hindsight, we should have joined you at the post concert autographing. We really had no reason to run right home and trying to sleep was pointless. Yeah, she got us that worked up.

I hope KT's label will try to capture this tour on a live disc at some point. What I saw was a rocker chick with major vibes and full on hard tilt boogie grit pounding out rock and roll like nothing I've seen a female do before (including Chrissie Hynde, yeah....not kidding!) I'm thinking this woman has the natural ability for folk and blues but is impulsively and foremost a rock and roller. I'd sure like to have this set caught on a disc for my "take out for loud parties" collection.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:43 am 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

Brilliant reports and pics guys!! Thanks for sharing :D
It's always so good/sweet/awesome to read your happiness and excitement!! Makes me smile.

Massive coolness she remembered you Patrick!! She really has a gift for these things!! I'd be a real bad artist regarding fans cause I'm just rubbish at remembering names even when I try real hard :lol:
For me the fact that she remembers shows how much she cares and appreciates us, warms the heart right up!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:42 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
ILoveKTTunstall wrote:
I realized I couldn't go home to a completely silent house with this much adrenaline, so I drove around for almost an hour belting out KT music at the top of my lungs until I'd worked it all off!

Haha!! That's what I call a post-show hyper excitment! :lol: Brilliant :D

Thanks for the report and pics, it's always so nice to read how much Lady T can make us all happy :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:07 pm 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Great reports and pics guys, glad you had a great time! :D

Image Image

Patty =)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:02 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Thanks for the pics and report!! :D

How rude of those people though!! KT handled it well though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:04 pm 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

STPK wrote:
This just popped up on Youtube. Pretty good quality. The person who took it was clearly featuring Charlotte. At 2:37 there is an incident where KT admonished this group who seemed preoccupied with constant yakking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-irUmxYsuiI

Way to tell them KT!!! :smt023 I will never understand why people pay money to go to a show and then proceed to talk and not even pay attention during it! That makes me so mad :smt013 ! It is rude to everyone around you and so incredibly disrespectful to those onstage!

On a lighter note, great pics and reviews guys! Patrick, I felt the same way last week driving home after the LA gig! I didn't get home 'til 3 am but I didn't feel tired at all and was singing all the way back to San Diego! My quickest, easiest drive ever!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:20 pm 

Jeez that is especially rude!! And front row too, like, why?! Good on her for telling them ha! I like how she's got her selfrespect up to good levels 8)

Also I had to laugh cause during PTKA in the beginning of that vid she nearly hit Kenny with the drumstick when she threw it backwards :lol:

Thanks for the link! It looks like a might fine venue, I like it when the stage is not REALLY high, makes for better interaction.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:28 pm 

I put my pics on FBook for you guys to enjoy:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1044939887

A few clips clip taken by one of our group:

FA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGYzjCtdGA

BHATCT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Lo7Pb5y6Q

OTOSOTW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NlEI4pJ-ws

This venue is strictly a live music venue, not a bar or a dinner place. They designed the stage to be close to the audience. They also made the stage small so the bands have to be efficient about their space but the great thing is being at the front basically puts you close to every member of the band. The bad thing about this stage is you're not going to see much at the back of the hall, although they do have big screens on either side. It's a good venue but you have to get up front.

Unfortunately the downside of having the low stage also allows girls who constantly yak to be right next to the monitor speakers. I could see this being very irritating to KT as she no doubt had to use the monitor speakers in this highly amplified atmosphere. Imagine trying to hear your own voice while competing voices are right next to the monitor speaker. Earlier in the show she did sort of warn them by stooping down and sticking her guitar fret right near where one of them was preoccupied with texting. Amazingly, this gal was totally oblivious to KT for about 10 seconds. I agree, why go to all the trouble to get to the front and then sit there yakking and texting for the whole show. :smt018

Oh, and I think she was actually aiming for Kenny. In the 2007 Austin City Limits, Kenny threw a shaker at Luke during a song. I'm thinking there is some sort of object wars going on involving Kenny. :smt043

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 pm 

:lol: @the throw your equipment war haha!

Awesome pics as well Paul, thanks for sharing :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:32 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

:lol:

Thanks for the pics!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next