All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:11 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

thewall wrote:
lvt wrote:
Aurelia wrote:
What acoustic CD? You mean the one she wants to record like Acoustic Extravaganza?

Yes, the "at a show" recording she has been talking about. It was done in San Francisco if I remember correctly.

I remember reading that they did record the L.A. Wiltern show. Would this be the one
they use with the (new) upcoming Acoustic CD?

San Francisco? LA? It's all California right? We Chicagoans get confused with those west coast cities (Zomarkaan switched SF and San Diego in his post) I knew when I posted the city that I'd pick the wrong one :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:15 pm 

Nat wrote:
Crackin report Linda :D

But..

lvt wrote:
I asked her to sign the poster of Wercher Nat sent me, no one else had any clue where the pic was from so she repeated it a few times and seemed quite geeked.

the one I sent you? :smt017 It's T in the Park! That's why she's wearing a kilt, Wercher is in Belgium :lol:

Crap I can't get european geography right either! Yes, KT did say T in the Park. What was I thinking? Ah, that's the problem - not thinking. I admitted the exhilaration pushed all the brains out of my skull. Can someone invent a place-check that is equivalent to spell-check please :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:23 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

You know they say the first thing that goes with old age is memory.
The second is a ... is a .. is ..
What were we talking about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:40 pm 

oh yes, Homestead will be a fun one :smt023

I will have to take a picture of where I park my car so I make it home :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:55 pm 

thewall wrote:
You know they say the first thing that goes with old age is memory.
The second is a ... is a .. is ..
What were we talking about?

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
You totally cracked me up Terry!! :lol:

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:56 pm 
Cheers for the massive report Linda... it's nice that KT remembered you, and great to hear that the acoustic album seems to be quite far down the line :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:15 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

lvt wrote:
Nat wrote:
Crackin report Linda :D

But..

lvt wrote:
I asked her to sign the poster of Wercher Nat sent me, no one else had any clue where the pic was from so she repeated it a few times and seemed quite geeked.

the one I sent you? :smt017 It's T in the Park! That's why she's wearing a kilt, Wercher is in Belgium :lol:

Crap I can't get european geography right either! Yes, KT did say T in the Park. What was I thinking? Ah, that's the problem - not thinking. I admitted the exhilaration pushed all the brains out of my skull. Can someone invent a place-check that is equivalent to spell-check please :?

It's alright, I can't say I know my american festivals too well :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:52 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
Andy L wrote:
Cheers for the massive report Linda... it's nice that KT remembered you, and great to hear that the acoustic album seems to be quite far down the line :D

I'm sorry, but why do you call it acoustic if it's a live recording? Do you say the same in English?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:26 am 

Aurelia wrote:
Andy L wrote:

I'm sorry, but why do you call it acoustic if it's a live recording? Do you say the same in English?

I *think* he called it 'acoustic' because they are using acoustic instruments on this Campfire Tour. So, it will be a lve recording of an acoustic gig. I don't know if I can wait for Christmastime!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:46 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
Ok, that's what I thought, cheers :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:03 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

lvt wrote:
Oh, I forgot ... We told KT we were at the bBall game. She asked us if we stayed to the end. We said He// no! Ok maybe we said Heck. Anyhow we said, didn't you see the car next to you at the stop sign out of the parking lot? I even honked at you! She said she fell asleep in the car as soon as her head hit the seat back. She dozed all the way to AA.

Probably a good thing to have no clue how fast they were going.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:20 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Thanks for the emotion fueled reports lvt and SSK. All these gig reviews are making it difficult to avoid recorded Campfire... one more week to NYC!

SK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:53 pm 
No-name Mandolin from eBay

Ah yes! This was the basketball game where I saw her. I think I was behind you Ivt when we were leaving because I saw the limo too. I didn't have enough money to attend the Ann Arbor show but thanks for letting us know how it went!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:39 pm 

I attended this show. I hadn't known anything about the half-time show, elsewise I'd have tried to have been there as well. Especially as she did "I Want You Back," which I've called-out for, shamelessly, both time that I've seen her (the other being at the Magic Bag in Ferndale, Michigan). Alas, I missed a chance to see her do that song near where it was recorded.

Does anybody know where the Michael Jackson t-shirt she ware at the show came from, by any chance? I thought mebbe it came from the Motown Museum, although I'm not sure whether her schedule would have allowed for any time there.

It was a magical performance. I was unaware about it being an all-acoustic "campfire tour" until just before show-time, when I overheard the industry-types around me mention it. I didn't know how to purchase tickets - it had to be the most under-promoted event ever - until two weeks before the show date, but was rewarded with a second-row center seat. However, I missed being around KT Tunstall fans, as everyone around me got tickets either through Borders or the radio station. They knew "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree," "Hold On" and "Suddenly I See," and seemed to nod-off throughout the rest of the show. I think the industry-insider-type in front of me got pissed-off when I screamed the part about the little princess into his ear during "Ashes," he obviously wasn't expecting it. Afterwards he tried his best to lean-into my view for the remainder of the show, but I was having too much fun to let him bring me down.

There were several things that didn't make for a perfect show, one being the absent Jackson 5 song. Another is that I didn't feel able to dance, and had to settle for bouncing-around in my seat. The song I most wanted to see performed, "I Don't Want You Now," wasn't played, probably due to the acoustic instrumentation. The worst, however, was when Martin Bandyke, a DJ at the radio-station co-promoting the gig, spoke onstage before the proceedings. Mr. Bandyke crossed a picket line repeatedly during a protracted newspaper strike in Detroit, making him, by definition, a scab. Seeing how friendly KT is with Billy Bragg, I don't think that she'd take too kindly to that fact. I saw Billy Bragg at two benefit concerts for the striking newspaper workers in the 90s.

Sam Lewis was much better, in my opinion, than the last time I saw him. His fret-work during "Beauty of Uncertainty" helped make that particular song helped make that song a particular stand-out during this astoundingly fine set. He has a song on his new CD, "Everything You Are," that features KT Tunstall, "Another Lifetime." It's available at the shows, as well as on iTunes.

As with the Ferndale show, I wonder why the British CD singles aren't sold in the lobby. They're prohibitively expensive over here, nor are the b-sides available on iTunes. Hopefully someday they'll all be available on a collection.

Anyway, thanks to all of the people who posted stuff concerning this show before me. You helped me to re-live a most wonderful experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:53 pm 

And thanks so much for your report :wink:

ImageImage