All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:25 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Thanks for the update. You know that we now expect DAILY posts on your escapades on behalf of Team America :smt023

We're all counting on you to properly represent the colonists so please keep it real Captain (America).

Don't forget for the next set list -- it's SpaceKadet with a "K" :lol:

SK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:31 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

SpaceKadet wrote:
Thanks for the update. You know that we now expect DAILY posts on your escapades on behalf of Team America :smt023

We're all counting on you to properly represent the colonists so please keep it real Captain (America).

Don't forget for the next set list -- it's SpaceKadet with a "K" :lol:

SK

Is that "K Team America"? :D

Remember David ... I lived in Seattle once upon a time! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:51 pm 
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi

Day 3, Ipswich: In between 2nd and 3rd shows and taking a break to update Team America. Last night’s concert in Southampton was terrific. One local paper's review is worth a read: http://www.thisishampshire.net/leisure/ ... ampton.php .

What the review doesn’t capture is how much KT herself is amused by her "random ramblings." So much fun to watch and listen. It seems whether the audience “gets it” all the time is a bonus. One example from last night stands out. The balcony-only seating at the historic venue was way back. From the stage and up front generally the rather stoic people seated in the balcony looked like a painting of epic proportions. So KT makes a very funny reference to Da Vinci’s Last Supper which it seemed almost nobody in the building “got” except KT, of course, the band, and maybe six people in the crowd of 1,700. No matter. She came back to the biblical painting motif maybe three more times. It seemed not to matter whether the crowd figured it out at the moment: She knew it was funny, enjoyed the bit, and maybe her fans would "get it" on the drive home or at work the next day. She’s so awesome.

On a personal note, my driving has improved immensely; to the point that I’m now eating and talking on the phone just like at home. Today’s fun activity while driving to Ipswich was hearing Manfred Mann’s 1976 song “Blinded By The Light” on the radio and trying to solve the eternal mystery of what the %$%# is he saying in the chorus. I was so focused on this being the time when I finally figured it out I missed a highway turn off took a pleasant detour through the English countryside. Now, I realize I could Google the song and end the mystery in about 10 seconds, but where’s the fun in that? In the interest of full disclosure, you should know I’m also tormented by the mostly unintelligible lyrics to the 1982 musical tour-de-force “Come on Eileen” by Dexys Midnight Runners. :smt023

KT in 2 hours….

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:28 am 

so David you are having a FANTASTIC voyage of the KT kind.

local newpaper review was very interesting. Not sure the writer has DF ! :?

you of all people should know the liability implications of cell driving --
Team America would be devastated to lose you mid-Tour :shock:

SK

PS: I take it my set list is safe and sound in your overnight bag :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:12 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Wow! Your so lucky. Sounds like your having a great time.

Thanks for the posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:09 am 

Day 4, Ipswich: Haven’t left yet for Wolverhampton and yet another KT concert tonight. No, I’d never heard of Wolverhampton either before this trip. It's just outside Birmingham in case you're planning a trip soon.

Last night’s performance in Ipswich was one of the best I’ve seen. KT and the boys seemed to drag a bit when they took the stage but came roaring back. This was a 100% seated venue which, in GB, doesn’t bode well for crowd participation. So, at the outset, the audience could have been watching a Nature Chanel documentary on the secret lives of bees it was so quiet. KT drew them in one song and witty comment at a time, the crowd feeding off of her and vice versa. The guys also seemed to come alive as the night went on. Sam was actually smiling! Kenny had a surprise for Arnulf at the end of “Suddenly I See” walking over with his signature tambourine/trash lid combo and wrapping it around Arnulf for the final note (smash!). Very funny; I’m sure payback is coming soon. Everyone seemed on their game and having a great time with one another. You wouldn’t believe the transformation with the crowd dancing and cheering at the end and again after the encore.

Of special note, KT announced Lucky Luke’s parents were in the audience and pointed them out. His parents were all too happy to wave with obvious pride. KT didn’t let on about the relationship or engagement, but the scene was all the more touching when you realized she and her fiancée were playing in front of his mom and dad and her future in-laws!

KT also mentioned an old friend in the audience from her busking days when she said she wore dungarees, had a nose ring, and sported short blonde hair! Wow. Has anyone ever seen a photo of KT during her misspent youth? Seriously, it's clear these were some of the best years of her life. Says a lot about her character and priorities.

Three down…two to go. Onward to Wolverhampton and London.

No, I haven’t made much progress on my personal quest to figure out the words to “Blinded by the Light” and “Come on Eileen.” Maybe I should just embrace the mystery and let it go. Maybe. :smt023

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:11 am 

Rock on, David! :smt035

I love how you described the way KT can draw a crowd in, she did that in December in Seattle. There were many there that night just to see Collective Soul ( :smt017 ) but she had everybody on their feet by the end of her short set.

Drive safely to the next two gigs (food and phone down, keep left :wink: ) and don't worry about lyrics. Just make up your own - works for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:31 am 
No-name Mandolin from eBay

David, KT and band
Yes, last night's gig was brilliant, KT and you guys were really fantastic. Not dissing Taitur - musically he's sound and once he relaxes he's got a good and kinda Bjorky voice, but he didn't really "warm up" the crowd. Bit Drastic in his heavy chords and the melancholy........................
Anyways what I'd really like is a list of the set used last night, we're in the UK, so I'll add if that's at all possible chap. Not expecting a signed one, though that would be brilliant :-) , just the list.
Going back to the Regent it is a different venue, but does rock when it gets going, qed your encore set last night. Four numbers, superb - just blew the place away.
Enjoy the rest of the UK tour.......now booking tickets for Thetford Forest in the summer. It's a wonderful outdoor arena, saw The Feeling there last year; trust you'll be there rocking Suffolk all over again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:49 am 

Guys,

Here's the local report from Ipswich las night, thought you might like to see it. Hey, David it saves you a job :-)

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/ev ... 3A06%3A893

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:04 pm 

If someone posts a blonde KT pic it will be put in the fake pictures thread :smt005

Thanks for the reports!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:45 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

wow, im really enjoying reading this, even if im not part of team America :lol:

see you in London!

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:23 pm 

*Tunstall road* wrote:

see you in London!

don't need to be from the States to be a member of Team America.

I think you just gotta love KT and tolerate American fans :)

SK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:26 pm 

Thanks for the Day 4 update :smt023

sounds like you are having a blast (who wouldn't be??)

keep dem reports coming.

SK

PS: you may have noticed I've stopped asking about the whereabouts of my set list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:08 pm 

ah David :D
it was lovely to meet you last night mate... i'm abii, the one who knew waaayyyy too much about KT.
see, i told you'd i'd come and have a look at what you've been writing.
lovely reviews btw, really very good.
i hope you have a fabulous time in London :D
x

"And with no one to lose,
you say you feel like a bruise,
on a beautiful body"♥

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:27 am 

SpaceKadet wrote:
*Tunstall road* wrote:

see you in London!

don't need to be from the States to be a member of Team America.

I think you just gotta love KT and tolerate American fans :)

SK

I'm in!
:lol:

ImageImageImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next