All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:33 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

That's a nice boot shot...I wonder if she wears those to look more dog like somehow.

paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:39 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

tessaliu wrote:
I KT's shirt became unbutton during one of the song, we can see her very white bra :oops: before that her shirt came up and I could see her very black underwear :oops:

Uncoordinated :o :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:04 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:59 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

Nat wrote:
tessaliu wrote:
I KT's shirt became unbutton during one of the song, we can see her very white bra :oops: before that her shirt came up and I could see her very black underwear :oops:

Uncoordinated :o :lol:

She was a good sport, she finished the whole song then buttoned up her shirt. :smt023 :lol:

"If I have learned anything from my Sims family .. When a child doesn’t see his father enough he starts to jump up and down, then his mood level with drop until he pees himself."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:37 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

Dream In Music wrote:
I am so "f"in TIRED!!! I just got back a while ago :smt015 I'm just going to post my pics and my report later :lol: I didn't sleep well the night b4 the gig and last night my dad snored and I barely got any sleep....and when he wasn't snoring I was thinking about the performance!! I got the whole BOU on video, but it's really smaaaaall but the audio is great. The Brian Hendricks guy was there so she RRRREEEEAAALLY got into it..more so than I've heard. I was so glad because from what I had seen on youtube I was liking the cd version better, untill last night!! :smt007 *faints* She used the pedal....I have class in the morning too so I'll get to organizing and uploads tomorrow afternoon! :D :smt015

Glad you had a good time. Can't wait for your pics and stuff. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:17 pm 

Aurelia wrote:
tessaliu wrote:

I've listened to 20 minutes and so far I really like the version they did of the songs, more acoustic... Really like Little Favours! :D

And she rambled quite a lot :lol:

Thanks again for the recording; they really sound different from the gigs in Europe :smt023

You can totally hear me sing! While Ashes you could hear us playing the carpet like Kenny with his washboard tie :lol:

"If I have learned anything from my Sims family .. When a child doesn’t see his father enough he starts to jump up and down, then his mood level with drop until he pees himself."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:13 pm 

Little Favors was cool, it was almost like Sam was playing the piano version on his geetarrrr 8) It sounded soooo coooool. I just woke up and now I"m going to get to organizing and posting...oh ya and I'm very VERY sad to say I still have the gifts for KT :cry:

KT...I Love You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:20 pm 

here's the download link for what I caught...if you're wondering about the other pics, they are a view from the front of the hotel and the cruise ship was taken from our room.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s85qou size 45MB

in this zip file there's some pics, and some vids...the only full song video I got was BOU and the rest are just short clips ...I'll post a report sometime, I'm just still very tired

oh ya, and the only reason I was able to get so much on video was because I had the video record setting set to email size, and my camera only has a 128MB memory card. If I had known there wouldn't be any trouble getting cameras in I woul dhave brought my 30GB hard disc video cam in..I'm kinda choked about that :lol:

oh EDIT: if anyone thinks this should be on heartdrive...feel free to put it on, I just haven't bothered to figure it out, yet

KT...I Love You.

Last edited by Dream In Music on Tue May 13, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 pm 

Dream In Music wrote:
Little Favors was cool, it was almost like Sam was playing the piano version on his geetarrrr 8) It sounded soooo coooool. I just woke up and now I"m going to get to organizing and posting...oh ya and I'm very VERY sad to say I still have the gifts for KT :cry:

:smt009 :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:43 pm 

yep, I'm kinda bitter about that...seems she took the time for everyone else :roll:

KT...I Love You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:12 pm 

What happened after the show Shawna? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:21 pm 

currently working on my report, I know I'm well past the deadline :lol:

KT...I Love You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:33 pm 

*looks at watch*

*taps foot*

:p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:38 pm 

Dream In Music wrote:
here's the download link for what I caught...if you're wondering about the other pics, they are a view from the front of the hotel and the cruise ship was taken from our room.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s85qou size 45MB

in this zip file there's some pics, and some vids...the only full song video I got was BOU and the rest are just short clips ...I'll post a report sometime, I'm just still very tired

oh ya, and the only reason I was able to get so much on video was because I had the video record setting set to email size, and my camera only has a 128MB memory card. If I had known there wouldn't be any trouble getting cameras in I woul dhave brought my 30GB hard disc video cam in..I'm kinda choked about that :lol:

oh EDIT: if anyone thinks this should be on heartdrive...feel free to put it on, I just haven't bothered to figure it out, yet

Thanks so much for the zip file :D So cool she did Paper Aeroplane!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:47 pm 

Nat wrote:
*looks at watch*

*taps foot*

:p
:lol:
here it is then....how long did I take? :lol:
ok here we go...

so, on Sunday morning..... I got about 5 hours sleep and I'm not completely packed. I slept in already so I was not only slow but late as well! Called my pa to make sure he was awake and getting ready, turns out he's wanting to come get me right after he eats and he was already cooking!! :o so I started moving my ass! :lol: He came, we went...had to make a few stops, to drop off my twirp and his laptop@his gfs place. I hadn't eaten so we stopped at my favorite spot, Tim Hortons, on the way out of town and got a sandwich. We were on the road, out of Kamloops, at about 1050 and we made good time ( my dad's been living in Mexico so he drives more like a maniac than he used to, which is scary I tell ya :lol: ) It was snowing at the toll booth (at the top of the Coastan Mountains.) BRR

We arrived at the Fairmont Waterfront at about 1515. The service was amazing I felt like a queen :lol: . My dad has a presidents club membership so turned out we got a room on the 22nd floor, overlooking the water (which was sure therapy, for my fear of hieghts, let me TELL YOUU!:lol: ) So after unpacking my gear, havin' a drink or two, and looking around the forum (to regain some sanity I was so excited :lol: ) My dad told me to relax and he went to the liquor store, so I played guitar for a bit.

I had a nice pampering bath and then got ready. I took my time, so my dad could watch the hockey game. He had a lot to drink and hadn't eaten since breakfast so he ended up getting so wasted before we even got the the show. We walked from the hotel, my dad staggered and at one point fell onto me and I had to hold him up lmao!!. I was worried he wouldn't make it throught the gig!! I hadn't seen him that drunk for a long long time. :lol: .

We found the Commodore in about 20 minutes, at about 1930, waited in the line up for about 2 minutes and found my friend and her sister just as soon as we walked past the coat check. I knew my dad needed to eat and sit down, but the lady said the tables were all reserved already, so I lied and said I didn't know about the table reservation thing and told them about my dad and his heart condition. So they found him a seat, on the balcony right at the center, adn said they hope the people don't show up :lol: . He had a great view from there. (when I checked on him during Paddy CAseys performance, there was a man and his pregnant wife there. The man said to me, "we're sharing your table with you.", so I laughed really hard and said "OH! I thought we were sharing YOUR table with YOU!!" so he told me that he pulled the 'pregnancy card' and I told him I pulled the 'heart condition card', and we had a good laugh about that. It was cool, nice place I say. :wink:

Paddy CAsey was brilliant, I watched him from the balcony where my dad was sitting with the nice couple. We all talked about who we thought influenced his style and Bob Dylan was mentioned. He was really into what he was doing and did a fab job!!

After Paddy Caseys performance I went down to the floor to find my friend and her sister at front and center, and KT came on in no time. I thought I was in a youtube video for a second, I couldn't believe I was there and she was walking onto the stage in front of me. :lol: Then I snapped out of it and started screaming. :lol:

She started with MIni D and I thought it was Another place to Fall, for the first couple seconds, untill she busted out the chords. :lol: It was way too much fun to be able to finally clap along with the band. AMAZING!!

Next was Little Favors, and I was amazed at how it sounded. Sams bit was super awesomely cool.

Hold On was just great. She's totally perfected the middle 8. The body pop was way too cute, because it was so packed in there we had to do it with our arms straight up. She said she might do it like that from now on. It was funny funny :lol:

Other Side of the World, was really pretty and seemed to be a big favorite of alot of people there.

White Bird was gorgeous! I was singing along and Arnulf caught me goofing up a part of a chorus and we both laughed, it was kind of embarrasing yet fun that we shared a laugh. I was glad to have a picture taken with him after the show. I had a hard time not feeling him up :smt005

Funnyman was so warm. Her banter about crazy friends was rather funny. Her new guitar looks like the one Kathleen Edwards plays and sounds great.

Paper Aeroplane was great!! after that was the photoshoot..she was a bit upset about the flashes. She said she messed up, but I can't tell where. In the mp3 you can hear me say "no wayyy" :lol:

Black Horse was so loud and the floor was bouncing!! SHe used the guitar intro (E string) for the entired first and second verse, no EM, B7 chords! it was awesome!! The guitar solo in the middle was amazing, as well, and like Lisa1 said, I was also hoping for the "baby please don't go" bit but the solo also made me forget about that! :lol: Going back into the chorus she was just screamin' it. I was absolutely floorred!

Just before they busted out Ashes she introduced Kennys spectacular washboard tie. :lol:

The introduction for hopeless was halarious, she told us about the guy who was yelling Hopeless at her. :lol:

My friend freaked out about Under the Weather, and that was a great performance acoustically...luv it

She told us the whole story behind Beauty of Uncertainty and I was totally freaking out, knowing it was next! lmao You can hear me on the mp3 when she's saying about the friend who's here, I'm yelping' OMG OMG!! :lol: I had so many feelings going all through my body during the song. It was totally out of this world!!

Random Facts then into If Only. I got a cute video of her stomping boots.

SMF and SIS were the same as usuall and she is such a great performer!!

I went to sit with my dad during Ashes and watched the rest of the gig from the balcony...which was much too quiet for me. :lol:

After the gig we waited around the stage for awhile. Arnie came out and I got a picture with him and introduced him to my dad, who had sobered up some by then, THANK GAWD!! :lol: One of the stage guys gave me a KT Tunstall pick.

We made our way to the stage side door and got a picture with Paddy, Sherry, Tessa and myself. Soon after we got the boot and waited near the front door for awhile. We debated where we should be waiting for KT. Sherry and Tessa had to leave early so I decided to wait by the bus. My dad and I ended up waiting untill after 1 and I had no jacket, if I had a jacket I probably wouldn't have been upset that KT didn't come out. :lol: Arnie came out and hung out for awhile, he's so sweet. Kenny came out and was piggin out on some food, too cute!! When Luke came out I asked him to sign my DF CD and told him I wanted/was going to bring my stack of those drum magazines for him to sign so I could give them to the other fans. I was kind of babbling because I luv him, in the same way as I luv KT. He laughed and said "brilliant!!". I thanked him for the autogragh and he said it was a pleasure...
don't think I'm a nutter (know it) but he has amazing teeth. :lol:

We walked back to the suite and I was so tired but my mind was racing. My dads snoring woke me up after about 2 hours of sleep so I got up, bathed and started packing. We went out for breakfast at about 9am and my dad had some business so I walked around Vancouver with him and we went to various mining companies trying to get them to buy my dads claims. We went back and picked up our bags from the room and left Vancouver.

We arrived in Kamloops around 530, picked up some pizza and went home. I am still in a slightly zombie like state.

Best gig since Pink Floyd in 94

KT...I Love You.

Last edited by Dream In Music on Wed May 14, 2008 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next