All times are UTC

Post subject: The Austin, Tx, Show on April 22nd
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:08 pm 
No-name Mandolin from eBay

This post is to simply say thank you to KT, on the off chance that it finds an audience with her.

My sister and I were lucky enough to see your show in Austin. We have both been fans of yours from the get go, and saw you at the Gypsy Tea Room a few years ago. My sis has had a rough run of things lately, so I invited her down to Austin for a break. Your show provided just that. She let loose and had a grand time at the concert. My thank you is for the grin that you put on her face. It was genuine and ear to ear. The simple way you carry yourself with such sassy elegance was enough to bolster her spirits. You gave her a joyful moment to reflect upon when faced with the storms looming on the horizon. You abided my shenanigans (note on the windshield), and surpassed any effort I gave to cheer her up, by simply being gracious and accessible to a couple of strangers from Texas. May the smiles be returned ten fold, and again, Thank You.

Travis from Austin

On a side note, the "Seven Nation Army" insert was brilliant.

Last edited by AustinTravis on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Austin, Tx, Show on April 22nd
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

What a lovely message, Travis. She has that effect, doesn't she?

KT only shows up here at the Forum sporadically, but she can very often be found on her Facebook or Twitter feeds at:

http://www.facebook.com/kttunstall
http://twitter.com/KTTunstall

And she often responds. And I'm sure she'd absolutely *love* to read that. She really seems to take a genuine pleasure from this sort of positive feedback from fans.

So did you and your sis have a chance to meet her? I had that opportunity last Monday in Minneapolis, and she was very friendly and kind, and attentive to what folks had to say to her

Z.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:32 am 

We did in fact get to meet one Mrs. Kate Victoria Tunstall after the show. I would post the photo if I knew how. Obviously... I am not a blogger. The signed copy of The Scarlet Tulip was the cherry on top of a night I won't soon forget. I have been listening to it quite a bit over the past few days. What a great little EP. Alchemy is awe inspiring. "I am yours more than I can afford", haunts me. My fingers have said enough, and are still in pain from typing the letters M R S. Luke must be an amazing man to hold the fancy of such an amazing woman. I must learn to play the drums. If you have yet to see her on this tour, you have much to look forward to.

KT, Austin's arms are always open. Thanks again for a making my sis smile. A pebble of kindness can stir waves in the soul. Can't wait to do it again.

Don't be a stranger,

Travis from Austin

Last edited by AustinTravis on Tue May 03, 2011 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:51 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
That's a lovely testimony and a wonderful way to put into words what you experienced!
I can only echo what Z. said :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:11 pm 

Right there with ya on Alchemy, and the EP in general. Really special. I didn't think I'd ever have *one* "favorite" song of KT's, because there are just too many good ones, but Alchemy just might change my mind. Haunting, moving, and achingly beautiful.

As to photos, there's a bit of how-to help in the Forum FAQ page here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20572

One thing it doesn't spell out in that page is that when you upload a photo to http://www.imageshack.us/ you don't actually have to resize the photo to meet forum rules first, Imageshack will resize it for you. On Image resize: there, just select "640/480 (for message boards)" before you upload, and you'll get the proper result.

If you run into any trouble with that, or with getting the right code worked out for actually posting an image to the Forum, don't hesitate to ask. Pretty helpful bunch hereabouts, and in case you haven't noticed, we *really* like to see everybody's gig photos! :-D

Or, you can sign up at http://www.flickr.com, upload photos there (which they make really easy) and point us at the link to Flickr. We ain't picky. :-D

Z.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:07 am 

Learned something new today...how to post photos on a blog. Thanks Z.

Please notice my sister's aformentioned ear to ear grin. KT is signing a note that I slapped against the tour bus windshield before her set. The note reads, " U Still Married?" She promptly pointed to her wedding ring, grinned, and gave me a shrug. When I asked KT to sign the note after the show, I recieved an interesting look. The smirk on her face was somewhere between "That's cute", and "That's a tad psycho". After some friendly banter, her expression changed to, "Your not crazy, just a bit drunk." She was cool as a cucumber either way. Love her with all the pieces of my heart.

Travis from Austin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:33 am 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Great picture! thanks for sharing

:lol: @the note thing

Image Image

Patty =)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:24 pm 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

I'm still so sad I missed this show. Stupid idiot driver that ran a red light and damn neared killed me! :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:33 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

I hear ya! I'm still mad my "Gold Elite" seats had us seated at the furthest table back at the venue at her MPLS gig. Maybe I am more upset at their "you get dinner and a place to sit" as their defense. Well duh, how about a decent sight-line too! I just keep telling myself that KT will be coming back soon. She has to sell her next album, right?

Hope you are healing well. Being in a bad wreck is no fun. I'm still feeling soreness from one I had 10 years ago (a juvenile hit me on my motorcycle.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:02 pm 

You got something that was considered Gold Elite and they put you in the back of the venue? What is that?! I would write a review online at the venue's site to give other people a head's up.

Wow. I'm sorry you were hit on your motorcycle. I had af riend that was hit on his by a soccer mom that put him in a coma for four months and woke up thinking it was 3 years prior to the date it actually was. The roads are dangerous out there. I am doing better. My shoulder still makes an awful popping noise. But at least it doesnt hurt anymore. It was a super scary experience.

You're right. She will be back. I am just sad because the last time I saw her was when she played The Meridian in Houston in ... .I think 2005? I waited so long and was so excited. :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:05 pm 

Oh yes, I did a writeup on the ticket website, a website covering local venues and I gave them an earful on their Facebook page as well. Live and learn I guess.