All times are UTC

Post subject: Sequencing Pedal?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:00 pm 
No-name Mandolin from eBay

I just got to see the KT show from Chicago on directv. This is the second artist I've seen using some kind of sampling pedal to grab clips and loop them during the song. Anyone have an idea WHAT it is and where I can get me one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:01 pm 
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18
Woody Guthrie's Martin 000-18

http://forums.kttunstall.com/viewtopic.php?t=3487

See here ^

The pedal is an Akai Headrush E2!! You can probably find a cheap one on ebay!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:07 pm 
Chrissy Hynde's Fender Telecaster

you can get one soooo cheap at:
www.soundslive.co.uk

thats where i got mine and it was the cheapest i have found yet!!

heres a link:

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Akai-Headrush---E2~ID~4038.asp

Feel the fear but do it anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:28 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Purple_pound wrote:

Having fun with it??? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:03 pm 

charlotte2050 wrote:
Purple_pound wrote:

Having fun with it??? :D

Absolutely!!!!!!! its my baby now love it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:37 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Hey.. I have better news for anyone looking for a Headrush.. it's only $200 at www.samedaymusic.com and it's free shipping. I didn't get the Akai Headrush.. I got a Boss RC-20xl because it just seemed like you could do more with it than the Headrush. I think the only main difference is that on the Boss one you can undo/redo a loop.

If anyone who owns a Headrush wants to share their thoughts on the features of the Headrush, please do =). I didn't spring for the Headrush because it didn't seem like you could hook a mic up directly to it because Katie goes through this whole complicated system when she performs. Is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:43 pm 

Problem is with taht site selling headrush is that it doesnt ship outside the US, so us brits wouldnt be able to get it. The soundslive is the cheapest uk store i have found. when i was looking for one i did research on it really lol, cant get one from soundcontrol!! or any other music store ive been in, has to be ordered specially or do it yourself for half the price online.
Re the vocal mic: GOD YEAH IT IS TRUE!!! hooking mic up is a pain in arse! i had to buy a mixing desk to solve it kinda, but its still not hooked up properly. But i can get vocal and guitar through it at the same time + any other instrument going through the mixer!

love it though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:54 pm 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Purple_pound wrote:
Problem is with taht site selling headrush is that it doesnt ship outside the US, so us brits wouldnt be able to get it. The soundslive is the cheapest uk store i have found. when i was looking for one i did research on it really lol, cant get one from soundcontrol!! or any other music store ive been in, has to be ordered specially or do it yourself for half the price online.
Re the vocal mic: GOD YEAH IT IS TRUE!!! hooking mic up is a pain in arse! i had to buy a mixing desk to solve it kinda, but its still not hooked up properly. But i can get vocal and guitar through it at the same time + any other instrument going through the mixer!

love it though!

Haha.. I guess that's why she calls it the Wee Bastard.

Post subject: to any body with an akai e2>>>urgent!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:22 pm 
Tiny Tim's Ukelele
Tiny Tim's Ukelele

To anyone with the pedal - URGENT HELP....

I am considering buying one, but need to know details asap to get saving and spending>>>a few questions>>replies most wanted....

-I know its an akai e2 headrush blah blah>>>>however, I am starting from scratch - what else so i need with the pedal to record and loop my voice and an accoustic instrument??? Anthing really specific>>>??I presume amp, mic and cables, but I could be totally wrong. Do you have any names of good cheap examples of anything required?

I asked some websites selling the pedal, but they seem to be ignoring me>>darn them...

A reply as soon as possible would be really appreciated!
I hope your having fun with the pedal, many thanks,
Higgs

Post subject: SOLVED- KT's GEAR SET UP
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:59 pm 

Hi Everbody,

I just joined this group after watchin KT 4 years ago on Taratta when she wasn't big yet. Loved her loop pedal so i bought one. I've done extensive research on how she sets up her gear and would finally like to share with all of you. I bought the Headrush 2 last year and am now a master at the loop function so I would also like to share some tips.

(1) The AKAI has 2 outputs! ("Mix" and "Head Effect") . Operator's manual DOES NOT mention this and I have already notified AKAI on this matter. Anyways, have 2 outputs means that you can plug one into dedicated amp or channel which is where looped tracks (wet) can be controlled and ALSO plug into ANOTHER amp for your guitar (dry).

(2) KT uses: Akai Headrush 2, 4 channel mixer (doesn't matter what brand), split cables (cables shapped in Y formation), and a Boss tuner (white). She does NOT use a channel switch b/c this type of switch has only one input or output. It's a Boss TU-2 tuner to mute the channel she's not using while looping. You can see the arc formation on the pedal that tells u it's a tuner.

(3) Basically, here's her set up. Follow carefully:

- She uses split Y cables for her guitar and another Y cable for her microphone (hence the Y formation). Guitar chord with two 1/4 jacks, Mic with two male XLR jacks ..let's call them split cables Guitar A,B / Mic A, B)
- Guitar A + Mic A go directly into House PA
- Guitar B + Mic B go into a small mixer on stage
- Mixer to Akai
- Akai goes in to House PA.

RESULT: 3 channels are used on house PA (guitar only, voice only, loop of guitar/voice only)

I personally do not set it up like this b/c I do very little singing and don't need a Y for vocal. I also dont like using so many cables and most importantly b/c of (1) above.. If you want to know let me know. "durwinmok@hotmail.com"

Hope this helps! If anybody wants to add to this, pls share. I just bought myself a mixer and am having fun doing solo stuff and am learning a lot!

Durwin