All times are UTC

Post subject: US Publicity for KT...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:37 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

I hope that this doesn't appear pretentious, because I'm sure KT's more-than-talented and competent management already has a great plan in place, but as a music-addicted American who has lived all over the country, I just want to help to add to KT's arsenal for world domination. :) Here are some places where KT could definitely get some great publicity over here:

WXPN, Philadelphia. XPN is The University of Pennsylvania station, and is one of the most respected member-supported stations in the US (and I don't just say that because I live here. :) ) It's helped a lot of musicians get onto the radar. They have a lot of great "new music" shows, and produce the renowned World Cafe program, which is syndicated throughout the US and Canada via National Public Radio. Their studios also contain one of the newest and nicest music venues in the city.

Another great "live" performance show syndicated throughout the country is The Acoustic Cafe, which is produced in Michigan and always has great stuff on it.

WVUV, New York
Another member-supported station, which is also the station for Fordham University - they have a great program called "The Living Room" and just about everyone with intelligence in NYC, especially those who are seeking new music that is on the cutting edge, listens to this station. This station and XPN are probably the biggest and greatest proponents of getting what is seen as being in "the underground" to the next level. On the east coast, anyway.

KMTT, "The Mountain," Seattle
The Mountain is a semi-mainstream station, but the great thing about them is that they play what they actually like - sounds daft, but that's an incredible rarity here in the states, where most "mainstream" stations have DJs who press a button to start the predetermined computerized playlist of sugar pop and hip hop. They are big, big fans of helping to launch talented people and are just a great station.

KGSR, Radio Austin
Another station that plays anything and everything of substance. It's such a great station, where you will hear Willie Nelson one song Sinead O'Connor the next. I know they've been playing "Black Horse & A Cherry Tree" because I've heard it listening online. :) Austin is an amazing town, and KT would fit RIGHT in there. You should try to book her at the Continental Club...a fantastic and legendary venue...and all of my friends who work there would love to see her! LOL

KFOG, San Francisco- You've got this one already. :)

KCRW, LA- I think you're good here too. :)

American Concert Festivals:

The Austin City Limits Music Festival
This is one of my favorite festivals ever, and it keeps becoming bigger and more and more diverse every year. I've discovered SO many great artists at this festival, and KT would be perfect playing here! Just be prepared for 100-degree F weather. Heh.

Bumbershoot, Seattle
Another great festival that draws people from all over the west coast. Another place I saw and discovered many wonderful artists. And it's a lot cooler, in the literal sense, than Austin. :)

The Rocky Mountain Folks Festival, Lyons, Colorado
Don't let the name fool you, this isn't just a folk festival. It's one of the most respected singer-songwriter festivals in the US. And is in one of the most beautiful places in the American West.

The Telluride Bluegrass Festival
Again, the name is deceiving - but all different kinds of artists play here - albeit it is a bit more folky than Lyons. The cool thing about this one is that they have "round tables" and "master classes" where the artists talk to the audience about their songwriting and music-making process, and it's an amazing experience.

And I'll shut it now. But I just thought I'd add my $5 worth and see if it helped at all! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:24 pm 
Someone's been doing their homework!! :lol: Good work Detective Mis!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:20 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

Well from the looks of things as far as US tour dates are shaping up, they already had a handle on all of this, but hey, you never know! :) Scarily enough, I've lived in half of those places. Eeek!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:22 pm 
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi

NPR like mis said is great place to start. I reaches all over the states from the east coast to the west, from north to south. It would be the best place to get KT's music over to the U.S.

Over in the states somehow is considered "Wide Open" Country. CMT (Country Music Television), thats how i found out about KT, might be a good place to go to for some tip of publicity stunt or something.

Frieden ist mit Ihnen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:30 am 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

She has played the "living room" in NY already

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:33 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

KT's going to be on the Conan O'Brien show in February. One of the top shows! Hope she doesn't meet Triumph the Dog.

http://www.shorefire.com/artists/kttuns ... 21_05.html

Last edited by Greig on Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:52 pm 

Conan O' Brien would be great place to play. I gotta tape that episode then. That only one of the biggest shows in the states.

Maybe MTV or CMT could give her a spot in their line up for her to play a couple songs. That should get her going seeing as millions of people watch MTV and CMT. Maybe she could get on the "CMT Top 20" one week or something.

Maybe getting a spot on a talk show like "Good Morning America" might get some publicity in the states

AWESOME! "Eye to the telescope" is debuting in US. I wonder when the rest will show up. I was waiting for this to happen for so long!

Frieden ist mit Ihnen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:41 am 

We need to set up a US KT Forum.
We told yall there would be massive amounts of yanks coming and its starting! I would like to help with the set up or working of the forum if possible. Go KT!

Frieden ist mit Ihnen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:13 pm 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

wow well looks like kt will be workin her wee ass off over in usa! u go girl go it, btw go research goin on ther!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:35 pm 

It looks like ETTT is still the only album over here. Does anyone have any idea how many records have been sold? Sadly from what i have seen it doesnt look like too many but im still hopeful that she will catch on.

I have heard here music on the radio several times but its only been BHATCHT. I heard another song on a tv show but i dont remember what it was. I think it was "Other side of the world"

Frieden ist mit Ihnen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:36 am 
Elvis' Martin D-28
Elvis' Martin D-28

prom wrote:
It looks like ETTT is still the only album over here. Does anyone have any idea how many records have been sold? Sadly from what i have seen it doesnt look like too many but im still hopeful that she will catch on.

Looks like you've been away a while, prom. KT is doing quite well here in the US. You may want to go back and read some threads. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:13 pm 

That and im kinda slow :)

From what i have personally seen there really hasnt been much evidence of it. I mean from what i know im the only person that i know thats even heard of KT. But still thats just me and my sometimes slowly self. I cant wait till i can go to a concert though.

Know that I think of it it seems like everytime i go into a Wal-Mart BHATCT is playing on the big wall of TVs that they have in the electronics department. Never gonna buy one of them TVs but its fun to watch the vid of the song.

Frieden ist mit Ihnen.