All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: The "Messages to KT" Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:33 pm 
BB King's Gibson ES-251, "Lucille"

Kim wrote:
I've got a wee request, I've once posted this on the over-popular twitter so you might be in the know, but PLEASE could you bring Beauty of Uncertainty back when touring for next album? It's the one and only song that has NEVER EVER failed to give me goosebumps listening to it. I'm already counting myself lucky to have seen you perform it in 2008, but as it was my absolute fave on the setlist back then, I've really been missing it these tours!!
And if I can be really cheeky, the campfire tour looping you did in the US is IMMENSE. That's a hint :p

^ I second that emotion!

I adored the utter EPICNESS of False Alarm this tour but Beauty of Uncertainty is just something else. Listen to Kim KT, she's ever so wise and remember that time she brought you cake all the way from Holland? :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:48 pm 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

Thanks for the back up Claire, but would you mind not bringing up the cake?! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:00 pm 

That cake was awesome. I will bring it up at even the slightest opportunity! :smt045

:p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:07 pm 

Cheers. I will forever feel a freak-baker :lol:

Let's get back to this BOU pleading though... I'm determined! :p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:17 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

I'll steer it a different direction. Waiting patiently and with great anticipation for what KT will spring on us next.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:06 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

^with BOU included, of course! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:50 pm 
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi

Kim wrote:
I've got a wee request, I've once posted this on the over-popular twitter so you might be in the know, but PLEASE could you bring Beauty of Uncertainty back when touring for next album? It's the one and only song that has NEVER EVER failed to give me goosebumps listening to it. I'm already counting myself lucky to have seen you perform it in 2008, but as it was my absolute fave on the setlist back then, I've really been missing it these tours!!
And if I can be really cheeky, the campfire tour looping you did in the US is IMMENSE. That's a hint :p

Have to quote this in every post in case the lady herself does read what's on here! I'm also going to reiterate my Bath conversation with her and request, please for the love of God, some Acoustic Extravaganza for the solo tour shows in November. Ideally I'd prefer Gone To The Dogs or Girl And The Ghost, but I'll take whatever I can get. I'd be a bit red-faced about Golden Age after I worked it out on guitar, brought along my typed out tablature of it hoping you might acknowldge my efforts to appreciate your music, and you signed it at Loch Fyne with, in big writing, 'By BECK!'. But even that would be something I'd enjoy once the red cheeks abated! I've been to loads of shows since the 2010 comeback and the only tour I missed was the Troika tour, which was the one where you did play Ashes - other than that no Acoustic Extravaganza on tour! So please, pleeeeeeeease play some. If you do, I promise to be dead nice. Like, stop throwing hats at you and making you wear them nice. That's how much it would mean to me. And if I'm being super greedy, mah fayyyyyvurrit choon of yours is Silent Sea and I've yet to hear you play it. That would make me emotional, happy and excited enough perhaps even to wet myself a little bit, but not enough so that you, the venue or the promoters would incur any liabilities or health and safety tickings off. Not sure if that's fair to you, but it's the best promise of behaviour I can make.

But anyway, let's mainly get behind Kim's request. I did originally come on here to say that I've never given KT a better present than 'The Beauty Of Uncertain Tea' and much as I wish I'd taken a photo of it (Julian did witness it before it was handed over at least), KT's smirk of bewilderment before it was explained and her chuckle afterwards may possibly live with me forever. So yes, Beauty Of Uncertainty for the live shows would be great, just for Kimothy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:04 pm 

I'm sorry to go off topic but... You didn't know it was by Beck?! *faints*

Go wash your ears and then look him up on iTunes/Spotify/YouTube/musicshop!!!!!

Edit: I now read the rest of your message and have to go... Awwww!! I think KT should pick up on the request that she prefers herself really, but you know, a girl should never stop trying :wink: And I don't lie, I get shivers of that song EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's really odd, I don't even think about it, it just happens :lol: Maybe it's something natural, some kind of cochlear haircells that are connected to my spine that are only to be reached by this song :lol:
Btw, you never told me about the 'Beauty of Uncertain Tea' present????

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 pm 

Kim wrote:
I'm sorry to go off topic but... You didn't know it was by Beck?! *faints*

Go wash your ears and then look him up on iTunes/Spotify/YouTube/musicshop!!!!!

Edit: I now read the rest of your message and have to go... Awwww!! I think KT should pick up on the request that she prefers herself really, but you know, a girl should never stop trying :wink: And I don't lie, I get shivers of that song EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's really odd, I don't even think about it, it just happens :lol: Maybe it's something natural, some kind of cochlear haircells that are connected to my spine that are only to be reached by this song :lol:
Btw, you never told me about the 'Beauty of Uncertain Tea' present????

Kim I hadn't listened to him do that one song, of course I know who Beck is! My brother had the Odelay album on constant repeat for about a year, but that was back in about 1996 and I'm senile now so I forget things! Anyway that day I had about four different tablature workings with me and of all the ones to pick out, it was that one. Mega humiliation.

And I thought you knew about The Beauty Of Uncertain Tea? I'll wait until the solo tour starts, then if she doesn't play it we'll give her another dose of it to refresh her memory perhaps?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:37 am 

I don't know. Do I? :lol:
Maybe I do then *headscratch*

Btw, I still cannot BELIEVE KT didn't know about the 5 cold beers thing yet, that's as old as the Troika tour!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:30 pm 

Steve who drinks tea wrote:
Ideally I'd prefer Gone To The Dogs or Girl And The Ghost, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Has anyone seen KT perform 'girl and the ghost' live? The only live version I've heard, leaving AE aside, is the one from 'One Night in Gaia', and that is ages old

And if I'm being super greedy, mah fayyyyyvurrit choon of yours is Silent Sea and I've yet to hear you play it. That would make me emotional, happy and excited enough perhaps even to wet myself a little bit...
:lol: I'm right there with you Steve, though if she's bringing just one back, I'm not sure which I prefer more, BOU or SS :?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:14 pm 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

cyn wrote:
Ideally I'd prefer Gone To The Dogs or Girl And The Ghost, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Has anyone seen KT perform 'girl and the ghost' live? The only live version I've heard, leaving AE aside, is the one from 'One Night in Gaia', and that is ages old

Yep, I got it on my first gig in 2006 :D (As well as The Golden Age and One Day if we're talking AE!) She also played it on every gig of the Fall 2005 UK tour... how great it would've been to be on the KT scene back then!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:11 pm 

indeed, it'd have been great!

cheers Andy, didn't know about girl and the ghost being played on the 2005 tour :smt001

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:16 pm 

Andy L wrote:
cyn wrote:

Yep, I got it on my first gig in 2006 :D (As well as The Golden Age and One Day if we're talking AE!) She also played it on every gig of the Fall 2005 UK tour... how great it would've been to be on the KT scene back then!

Yep Girl And The Ghost was actually done with Ed Harcourt on the 2005 fall tour :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28