All times are UTC

Post subject: Alchemy
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:15 pm 
No-name Mandolin from eBay

Alchemy... Such an amazing song! I received my copy of Scarlet Tulip EP today (a long wait, so worth it though!). Ms. Tunstall, it's so wonderful to hear you like this again... Such a beautiful voice. Work of art... thank you so much x x x

Post subject: Re: Alchemy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:32 am 

Bumping for a specific reason...This is a beautiful song with beautiful guitar effects. Do any of our tech junkies (TOM!) know what she's using to get that bright, echoe-y sound? Sounds like an octave divider with some delay.

EDIT: I heard something on her Cleveland performace YouTube vid that "it's called Natural High Strum." Am I right? Does anyone know anything more specific?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:24 am 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

Zathras10 wrote:
Nashville high-strung, which I only first heard of when KT mentioned it on Twitter a couple weeks ago, apparently is stringing a six-string with *just* the second course of strings from a 12-string (apparently a lot of string makers now sell sets of just those six strings for that purpose). So EADG are all an octave higher than normal, and then BE are pitched the same as standard tuning. Gives a much more sparkly sound that's about halfway between a six string and a twelve string.

Z.

Image Image

Patty =)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:23 am 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

ibanezjoey1007 wrote:
Do any of our tech junkies (TOM!) know what she's using to get that bright, echoe-y sound?

:lol:

8/4/08 Ipswich Regent, 13/9/09 Harvest at Jimmy's, 19/10/10 The Junction, Cambridge, 17/11/13 Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, 28/11/15 Royal Albert Hall (Jools Holland), 10/12/15 BFI (Live score performance), 31/5/16 The Tabernacle, London, 6/11/16 Cambridge Corn Exchange, 9/11/16 Shepherds Bush Empire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:24 pm 

pisquita wrote:
Zathras10 wrote:
Nashville high-strung, which I only first heard of when KT mentioned it on Twitter a couple weeks ago, apparently is stringing a six-string with *just* the second course of strings from a 12-string (apparently a lot of string makers now sell sets of just those six strings for that purpose). So EADG are all an octave higher than normal, and then BE are pitched the same as standard tuning. Gives a much more sparkly sound that's about halfway between a six string and a twelve string.

Z.

Thank you very much! I'm new here, so I didn't scour for that, my apologies. Apparently my hearing is bad too, lol. Sorry, Tom, BTW, for singling you out! x