All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: KT on Facebook
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:20 pm 
No-name Mandolin from eBay
No-name Mandolin from eBay

I seriously doubt the validity of that FB page. It looks and reads like an overzealous fan attempting to get attention from KT and her fans. I don't believe it's been set up by her publicist or mgmt team. I don't care who the artist is,they are not gonna drop teasing morsels day after day after day
Only time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:33 pm 
Willie Nelson's Martin "Trigger"

Zathras10 wrote:
STPK wrote:
But I did challenge her to post a picture and somehow prove it's really her. We'll see.

Really, you "challenged" her? Yeah, 'cuz there's nothing celebrities who actually like to interact directly with their fans online enjoy more than the ol' "prove you're actually you" game. Yeah, that's gonna ingratiate. Lord, this was old back in the days Douglas Adams was posting regularly to alt.fan.douglas-adams.
Z.

Dude, chill, we're all friends here remember? I'm trying to get her to post a pic of herself and you're getting wound up and all personal about it! I have my doubts, time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:21 am 
Melissa Etheridge's Adamas 12-string

STPK wrote:
Dude, chill, we're all friends here remember? I'm trying to get her to post a pic of herself and you're getting wound up and all personal about it! I have my doubts, time will tell.

Nah, it's no skin off my nose for *me*, in any personal sense. This is me at "kinda emphatic, now with extra Logic (tm)" not me at "unfriendly and taking things personally." Hard to guage in text-only format, admittedly. I come from Usenet of old; me at full bore isn't a guy I'm inclined to be at a place this peaceable. Hell, this right now is mild compared to me talking politics here at the Forum just last week, let alone me talking politics at Daily Kos. :-)

I guess for me, my bs meter is satisfied by her coming *here* to the forum as she always has from time to time, and confirming that the Twitter is her. Also, the stuff on both FB and Twitter is enough like her customary, distinctively random and funny posting style from here over the years that it feels consistent--admittedly a more subjective thing. So I figure why the need to go down that road of prove-you're-you, since in my *mumbleytoomany* years online I've seen famous people pull back from otherwise pretty balanced online fan interaction due, among other things, to having to play prove-you're-you *just* a few too many times after having already confirmed it was them in some tangible and reasonably official way.

I'm not kidding you, even after Douglas Adams said in as many words on television that yes, it was him posting to alt.fan.douglas-adams, he still had a stream of people telling him he needed to do/say/post something that proved it to their satisfaction.

Mind you, your suggestion is at least possible, if to my sense unlikely. The other suggestion upthread that the Facebook page is just some fan desperately trying to sound like KT just doesn't hold water, I don't think--I believe it's somehow official whether it's actually her as I believe, or one of her elfin sho-biz minions as you may suspect. ;-)

Z.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:41 am 

Ok, so also I do have to do just a brief "grrrr" to the gang.

So in KT's second status update about random facts, dude writes:

Quote:
KT - I'm a big fan but are you this ditzy in real life or are you feeling out a persona for Facebook? You're sounding a bit too much like Lindsay Lohan on a bender.

I...hmm...*gently*, for me, offered him a bit of SWAT Team wisdom. And hasn't *that* been a while! ;-)

I mean seriously, Lohan? Why KT's got more brains in her little finger...erm...or something. You know what I mean. :-)

Z.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:50 am 
Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster

haha, you're the one that responded to him... Nice
And my thoughts exactly, i was like.. you're comparing KT with Lindsay, seriously.. you fool :roll:

Image Image

Patty =)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:04 am 
Gretsch White Falcon
Gretsch White Falcon

Peeps, peeps! No fighty fighty! The reason I've shyed away from getting more involved on FB and Twitter before now is due to a deep dislike of the nasty shizzle that can go with it, which this rockin' forum has managed to avoid. (I'm very proud of that by the way.) It's me, it's real, cast your cynicisms into the putrid lake of fake reality television, and join my naive adventure into Internet insanity! I very much doubt it will push me towards a more Lohan-esque disposition (would it be possible for me to be any MORE like her?!), nor will it make me more inclined to be b*tchslapped into taking photos of myself!! No offense, I just love that word. Any excuse.
KTx (honest.)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:23 am 
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul
Les Paul's, er, Gibson Les Paul

Zathras10 wrote:
Ok, so also I do have to do just a brief "grrrr" to the gang.

So in KT's second status update about random facts, dude writes:

Quote:
KT - I'm a big fan but are you this ditzy in real life or are you feeling out a persona for Facebook? You're sounding a bit too much like Lindsay Lohan on a bender.

I...hmm...*gently*, for me, offered him a bit of SWAT Team wisdom. And hasn't *that* been a while! ;-)

I mean seriously, Lohan? Why KT's got more brains in her little finger...erm...or something. You know what I mean. :-)

Z.

Wow, the SWAT-team is even operating outside the forum boundaries now! :lol: Good stuff!
No actually can't believe someone actually said that. Glad we don't get these people on the forum!

Also I think it's a bit sad that KT (Good to see you again btw KT! :smt006 Love the random fact posting!) actually has to come on here to go and stop this nonsense discussion about whether it is or isn't KT posting. Most fans would just know by now it is KT, just from having 'read' her before in her diary and on here, but I guess some people just need more 'proof' and we should just let them be. I mean, KT's said it before that it's her, if that's not enough, well then that's their loss right?

I'll just go and enjoy the updates still to come myself :-D

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:31 am 
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi
Buck Owens' Red, White & Blue Semi

Yeh agreed, I think most fans that have been on this site for a while will know that it really was KT posting on FB & Twitter, you can tell her style. Lets hope she doesn't experience any of the crappy bullshizzle that can go with those sites and she continues posting, it's nice to get thrown a cyberscrap of info now & again! Good to hear from ya KT :smt023

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:34 am 
Angus Young's Gibson SG
Angus Young's Gibson SG

Location: Paris, France, Europe, World, Universe, Solar System, Galaxy
Salut KT :smt039

It's indeed not worth fighting over all this. As long as we (the people who matter :wink: ) know it's KT, because we can recognize her style and wittiness from miles away, that's the main important thing!
So lets enjoy some new ways of sharing thoughts and randomness, and lets not be distracted by some fools wasting their times.

My only concern is that, on facebook mainly, things can easly and quickly be out of hands...

KT, you sure you don't need some Moderators on your facebook page? There are some good ones around here if you want :mrg:

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:00 pm 

KT Tunstall wrote:
Peeps, peeps! No fighty fighty! The reason I've shyed away from getting more involved on FB and Twitter before now is due to a deep dislike of the nasty shizzle that can go with it, which this rockin' forum has managed to avoid. (I'm very proud of that by the way.) It's me, it's real, cast your cynicisms into the putrid lake of fake reality television, and join my naive adventure into Internet insanity! I very much doubt it will push me towards a more Lohan-esque disposition (would it be possible for me to be any MORE like her?!), nor will it make me more inclined to be b*tchslapped into taking photos of myself!! No offense, I just love that word. Any excuse.
KTx (honest.)

*tries to hide Nerf bat*

Well, if Mom says so. ;-)

You, ma'am, are rather wonderfully a nut, which I suppose is what makes us lot such a good match for you, eh? ;-) :roll: :smt023 Thanks for taking a mo away from the vital work of being our rather talented musical inspiration to wade in and settle the silliness.

Best,

Z.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:03 pm 
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker
Joan Jett's Gibson Melody Maker

Lady T has spoken! :smt035

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:47 pm 

OK, I'm convinced that it's the lady in her own words and that is great that she can now connect with her fans. I wasn't really trying to start something nasty here and I should have known better to "swat the beehive" so to speak. KT, sorry to errrr b**tchslap you for a picture.

I have to admit that part of this was due to watching another performer "take to the airwaves" in a similar fashion this last winter and watching the fanbase get whipped into a frenzy, only to be soundly disappointed when someone figured out it was all contracted to a third party. I suppose I cannot be counted as an oldie fan since I only found this site last summer and so I don't have the same sense of KT's persona as many here do. But I don't think that would change how I approach things in general as anyone can emulate any style if they put their mind to it (the "nasty shizzle") as KT herself put it. Fool me once.....you know the rest.

I'm a big defender of Facebook in general, despite all the bad press. Part of it is for connection to friends and a way to show support for a cause or performer. Some bands have been able to grasp the concept in a big way and use the FB to put some interest back in their music. Widespread Panic posts their setlist every night and then pictures of the show stream out later in the evening. Cheap Trick posts their updated concert schedules and footage of their old shows. I think performers can use FB for the good things without opening themselves up to the bad things, like being compared to Lindsey Lohan (yow!)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:06 pm 

Props, STPK.

I'm inclined to agree with you about the positive potential of, as you lay out, Facebook as an avenue for performers to interact usefully and positively with their fans, and also as a venue for us "common folk" for social interaction and reconnecting with old friends. There are old high school classmates whom I've conversed with more on FB, much to my edification and delight, than I ever did in HS, when we ran in rather different crowds. I am, however, getting increasingly concerned with how they keep dinking around with people's privacy in ways that aren't positive for "regular folks." Uncool. Still, on balance, I think it's a good thing.

Z.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:23 pm 

Zathras10 wrote:
I am, however, getting increasingly concerned with how they keep dinking around with people's privacy in ways that aren't positive for "regular folks." Uncool.

No doubt, you have to stay on top of their constant messing around.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:25 pm 

Hi KT :smt006
I feel like i need to say 'sorry mom' after that post :lol:

On another note, I had no doubt it was KT posting because of the wittiness and randomness of the posts, you just know it's her :D

Image Image

Patty =)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next